one week old baby found alive in a garbage can by a beggar...

@Zelmarq (12585)
Cebu City, Philippines
March 6, 2007 12:20am CST
Its was the most bad news that I got from a news from our local television here. It was a one year old baby girl that was placed in a box and was thrown in a garbage can and was found by a beggar. At first the beggar thought that it was a cat but when he opened the box he was shocked to see a baby girl crying her heart out. I almost cried seeing that innocent helpless baby flashed on tv, it was on the news almost every afternoon and lots of couples has been touched by her story and wanted to get her for adoption. i cant imagine how the mother felt when she placed her duaghter in that box and threw her in that garbage. The baby was lucky enough to have survived, there were signs that the baby was bitten by insects already and she is still being taken cared of so that the sore will cure.
5 people like this
9 responses
@mschiqui (1284)
• Philippines
6 Mar 07
How cruel is the mother of that said infant..Me either i am very touched by the story.. But God was very good indeed, coz the baby was alive and that old beggar, inspite of her oldness, she was made by God as an instrument for the baby.. She is an angel.. For the mother she will answered everything to GOd..if not now maybe in the next life when she faces final judgment w/ God.. I always beleive in every action we made there are always consequences..We will just pray that the baby will be fine and hopefully will grow as a fine and successful someday.
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
6 Mar 07
yes cruel is the word that best describes the mother of that child. The baby is named babyx and she is such an adorable baby. So innocent and she's pink all over, its a sad story that she was thrwon away by her mother. There are already prospective parents who are very much interested to adopt her.
2 people like this
@mschiqui (1284)
• Philippines
7 Mar 07
Good for those parents who wanted to adopt the baby.. God was very good indeed, for if there are mothers who just thrown away thier babies just like a garbage, there are also parents, mother, who wanted to have one.. For me having a baby was the greatest gift i ever had in my entire life.. And if i would die, i would die happy and smiling for i have the best son ever...
3 people like this
• United States
6 Mar 07
That is so so terrible and sad. I dont understand how a mother could do that. Thank goodness the baby survived. But even so, the mother needs to be held accountable for this action. I really hope they catch her soon!
4 people like this
• United States
6 Mar 07
That is horrific. No excuse for a mother to do that. If she didn't want it, she should have dropped it off at the hospital or police station. I hope they find her and punish her. I have heard so many of these sad stories over the years. It is a nightmare, and so uncomprehendable to me. How any mother for any reason, can just discard a human infant is beyond me.
3 people like this
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
7 Mar 07
It was a sure nightmare and I hope the mother gets caught of this crime that she has done to her baby.I know she felt safe seeing the baby safe and sound. There might be so many things running on her mind as of this time.
2 people like this
@jolanda33 (720)
• Netherlands
6 Mar 07
that's realy sad news! i think you're the worst mother in the world to put your baby at the garbage! i can understand there are some desperate mothers, but i think you should your baby on a place where they absolute find her! hope they find the woman and punish her!
3 people like this
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
7 Mar 07
I cant even imagine myself throwing my own baby. Maybe her mind is too clouded to think reasonably. She could have left if with an orphanage so that her baby could be safe.
2 people like this
@ethanmama (1745)
• Philippines
6 Mar 07
Oh, that is so inhuman! I could not imagine how ANY human being could just throw a baby in the waste! It's good that the baby survived and the beggar who found her knew where to bring her.
3 people like this
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
6 Mar 07
very much inhuman, I guess the mother was not in her proper mind while doing it. No mother in her right mind could just abandon a child that young in that manner. It was even a miracle because according to the beggar who found the baby there were already garbage on top of that box. He was not aware that God used him to save such an innocent life.
2 people like this
• United States
6 Mar 07
That is so horrible. Thank goodness the baby was found alive. I hope they catch the mother soon and she pays for this awful crime.
3 people like this
• United Arab Emirates
8 Mar 07
I can't imagine how heartless the mother was of that little angel. If she thinks that she couldn't afford to brought up the baby, she could have approached proper agencies or institutions to have the baby properly adopted. It's sad to note that the baby has to undergo with those horrible experience because her parents were such irresponsible individuals. Yet it still a blessing that God has shown a way for the baby to be discovered and saved. How i wish that the parents (or mother) would have the conscience to realize what they had done.
• United Arab Emirates
10 Mar 07
yeah! indeed babies are blessings. I believe that they are God-sent coz only Him can give life. Hence, nobody is entitled to irresponsibly take that innocent life..i have same prayers here and hope that the said baby will be into the hands of a loving family that will give her a good future. I hope as well that the parents will be touched in some ways and that they will change their views in life about how they should value the life of their own flesh. I say parents here coz i don't just wanna put all the blame on the mother. i don't think she immaculately conceived that child so the father has the responsibility too.
2 people like this
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
8 Jun 07
yes, i dont know why there are parents like that and hey dare to do such thing to their children.
1 person likes this
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
9 Mar 07
She will regret the day she laid eyes on the cute baby. Babies are blesing and they dont deserve to die just like that. I agree with you, she is such a heartless mother. I pray the baby will no longer have that feeling of abandonment when she grows up. And hopefully she will develop a sense of trust to those people around her.
2 people like this
• United States
8 Mar 07
That is a sad story. All the women around who would love to have children and can't and a women throws hers away. All she had to do was take to the emergency room and put the baby in the womens bathroom on the counter. She could have left and someone would have found the baby and brought it to a nurse. Then the baby would not have had to go through being bit by insects. That is not only sad but not very feeling on the part of the mom.
2 people like this
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
9 Mar 07
The act was too heartless to throw an innocent baby in a garbage can. May be her thoughts was so clouded she couldnt think clearly. Doing without thinking properly what might it have caused the baby. I hope the authorities will cathc her and give her the punishment she deserves.
1 person likes this
@mycharm88 (2288)
• Philippines
9 Jun 07
Did you mean, that one month old baby? OH God i saw that one too, how could anyone do such a thing. I could still remember her cut little face, just imagine her sensitive skin bitten by insects. The mother should be ashamed of herself. If she had a heart she should have at least see to it that the baby was safe or just have her baby for adoption...Poor baby.
@Zelmarq (12585)
• Cebu City, Philippines
10 Jun 07
yes, its a pity that in reality there are irresponsible parents who can dare see and do such a thing to their children. There were so many options to do rather than throwing an innocent child in a garbage can.