On Commercials in your life

United States
April 7, 2007 3:10pm CST
What if our lives had commercial breaks? When you are watching a sitcom or a drama, do you ever think, "I wish my life took commercial breaks?" A time out, and change of subjects. If your life takes turn for the worse, or you feel hopeless are you looking for a station break? If you are having a good old time, you don't want to see that commercial break come on. If the drama you are living is spell binding, you dread that commercial What kind of commercials would be appropriate to your life? Diapers, New Cars, Potato Chips? A Cruise line, New clothes, other TV shows? The community Church, Drug Counseling, the YMCA? What do you need? What do you want? One day your life is going along great, so your commercial will be life fulfilling. When your life is in the dumps, your commercial will be filled with hope and courage. Do you take the advice of commercials? Do you run out and buy the new diapers, the new food sensation or the Department store sale items? Do you feel that if your drive that car, or take that vacation your life will be better? When you see your favorite TV or Movie star using a product, do you think you need that to be hip? Do you need to call the 800 help line, for whatever is breaking your heart? Maybe we should have commercials in our life, One to take us to the right advice, One to give us joy. One to tell us what is missing in our lives. And another one to make our lives brighter. You may even want to make a commercial telling folks about what you have to share. Or how about one to tell viewers about how to live an enriched life. We all have within us a tremendous chance to change other lives. We can do it by example. We can live our lives doing the right things. Not by shouting, but by whispering. By letting our friends, family, co-workers and acquaintances see something in you that is touched by God. You don't have to hit them on the head, or scream in their ear. You just have to touch their heart and soul. You don't need me to tell you what to do. Most of you could tell me! You have it in yourself to make a difference. You have always known how. There is something in your very being that is generous. You are capable of being gracious and sharing. You are the true examples of hope and happiness. You can teach strength and endurance. You are your own commercial!!! And the best thing of all is, no one has to buy, pay or give up anything. There is so much for them to learn from having you touch their lives. So do our lives need commercial breaks? Yes! We are the product and that product is pretty darn special!!!!!!. Just for fun, write a commercial about yourself. Put in it all that is right in your lives. Tell yourself, what you have given of yourself. Advertise the fact that you have made a difference in the lives of all that know you. Keep this add in your top draw. Whenever you feel sad, lonely or just need a boost, take it out and read it out loud. Don't be embarrassed. The only one that will hear it is you. And you are your own best advertisement. Carolee Kaufold my be re-printed with proper credit April 2007
2 people like this
4 responses
@Mickie30 (2626)
7 Apr 07
Well I am training to be a counsellor after overcoming many problems myself. I enjoy helping people. I have just rehomed a Bengal cat from a rescue centre. I enjoy being a mum and a happily married wife. If I could choose an advert that would describe me it would probably be one for a chocolate that is hard on the outside and soft on the inside because that describes me. It would be nice to have a commercial break I think in this hectic life we all deserve a break. I am enjoying my Easter break from college except for my sore throat and loss of voice.
3 people like this
• United States
7 Apr 07
I wish life had commercial breaks! Especially when someone says something important to you expecting an immediate answer...wouldnt it be nice to have 2.5 minutes to think before telling someone off or accepting a date.
3 people like this
@kelly60 (4547)
• United States
9 Apr 07
Wow! Thank you for your awesome and thought provoking discussion. Although I am not going to include my commercial here, I will write my commercial and as you said, whenever I feel sad, lonely or just need a boost, take it out and read it. This is some great advice for all of us.
1 person likes this
@whyaskq (7523)
• Singapore
9 Apr 07
Carolee, it is indeed a very motivating article. Thanks for sharing. I shall print your discussion and remind myself that I need to write a commerical for myself. Frankly speaking, I am not able to write one. I only knew I needed a break, a commercial break. And a commerical break solely for myself.