Too perky?

@arkaf61 (10881)
Each morning I take the bust to work - and then the streetcar, and sometimes the subway but that's another story :) = Each morning a lady gets in the stop after mine. She always comes with a smile and a cheerful good morning even if it's a lousy morning LOL She compliments people, she plays peek a boo with babies, she makes me laugh and brightens my day. But sometimes people seem to resent her cheerfulness. While some people smile and feel a bit of that cheerful atmosphere around this lady. Others seem to think it's too much. Like a lady that commented today " Too perky for a morning like this " Is a good disposition ever too much? I love to see her and miss her when she is not there. I like the feelings she brings me each morning. But can understand that not everyone feels the same. WOuld you enjoy the good disposition, the smiles, or like the lady today feel she is too cheerful for a morning ?
I took great delight in being the one who was too perky when I was in High School. I tend to like cheerful people. I suppose those who do not can turn on a headset, or crawl into a newspaper. I would definitely like the good disposition, as long as it was not forced in my face. I tend to catch the mood around me, so for me, perky and cheerful people will rub off on me and color my day a little bit sunnier.
@arkaf61 (10881)
Yes, bring both in the giving or receiving end of a positive atmosphere is a great feeling for me. I look forward to her each morning but I can understand that some people need a bit more time to feel the sunshine :)
@nengs10 (3183)
Being too perky, I think, is a gift. It's something one should be proud of as a happy human being. Well, that should be our disposition in life as well. We should be happy and cheerful always so as to influence other people around us to be joyful as well. It's a blessing on your part to see her everyday, atleast, someone makes you smile everyday. Kudos.
@arkaf61 (10881)
I agree wit you. I think it's a wonderful gift to spread some sunshine around each morning.
@subha12 (18449)
i will not say she is too cheerful for the morning, but always welcome such lady. she makes the atmosphere good. smile is something which costs you nothing but makes all feel good. she is really nice i guess.
@arkaf61 (10881)
Me too. I like cheerful and I appreciate the people that help make my days brighter no matter how. I guess I understand that some people need a bit more time to really wake up and smile to the world, so maybe it could be too perky for them. But for me it's just what I love each morning :)
@vanities (11409)
• Davao, Philippines
i like those kind of lady ..very cheerful and friendly i guess...it really makes everyones morning a good start for the day...but i guess we really cant pleased everyone ...have different views on some issues or behaviour lol..
@arkaf61 (10881)
You're right. Pleasing everyone is one of life's impossibilities :) But like you I like it :)
@Fishmomma (11362)
I laughed reading your post about the bust. I know its bus, but kept thinking that would make all the men on the board really happy reading about a bust. Personally, I think its great that she is nice in the morning, as to many people are grumpy. I think a smile really makes my day better. The morning is the hardest time of day for me, as I'm not a morning person. I really would enjoy seeing her every morning.
@arkaf61 (10881)
LOL I only noticed it when it was too late hehehehe so bust it stayed LOL I"m not exactly a morning person either. But it applies only to the fact that if I could choose I would not wake up early at all. However once I"m up, I'm cool:)
@dfinster (3535)
I don't think that that lady you're describing is too perky or too happy in any at all. In fact I'm not what most would label a morning person..I'm far from being a morning person in any way shape or form. But there have been times where I've had jobs where I had to work the early morning shift like start at 5 a.m. and people who were cheerful like the lady you have described actually helped me get a nice start to my day which in turn would lots of times make my day go better also.~D
@arkaf61 (10881)
I am not a morning person either, at least in the sense that I prefer not to have to be up too early. However once I'm up I'm fine and ready to face the day. This lady adds a bright note to my mornings though, and I love it :)
@cortjo73 (6500)
I would enjoy it. There may be a day when I might get annoyed by someone too perky but, it would really have to be a very bad day. Here is my experience. I get a latte from Starbucks every day and, even on a bad day, the baristas cheer always makes me feel better. The way that they greet me by name and sometimes the cheery messages that they write on my cup helps me start my day off on a better foot as I am not a morning person. So, I think that a cheery person can spread that cheer and make people feel better about the morning.
@arkaf61 (10881)
I think that even if I was having a bad start of the day I would still welcome her cheerfulness. It's easy for me to forget the bad stuff when someone is surround by such positive feelings:)
@gabs8513 (48708)
Lol yes Twin I certainly would love to have a cheery Person like that early Morning to brighten my Day lol, I don't know why People are so grumpy in the Mornings lol
@arkaf61 (10881)
SOme people sure are a bit grumpy. HUbby is a bit like that too. He often seems quite negative until he has his coffee and really wakes up. Me, I wake up feeling sunshiny, even if the sky is cloudy hehehehe
@TerryZ (22082)
I love people like that. We all need some happieness in our life. Some people can be so grouchy.LOL A smile goes a long way. We should all learn a lesson from her. Life is too short to be walking around with a long face. Keep smiling!
@arkaf61 (10881)
Having a hubby that needs quite some time in the morning until he can take the perkiness I guess I can understand both sides, but I still love it myself :)
@deebomb (15315)
I love to have perking people around me. It tends to bring up my mood if I'm having a bad day. It helps me to know that things aren't getting every one down. What a wonderful way to star the day having a perky person on the bus that is so friendly. To many people are afraid to be that out going.
@arkaf61 (10881)
I feel just like you :) A cheerful person is a positive thing in my life and one that I welcome each day :)