A Day with Blonde Moments

Today was a day filled with blonde moments. I have been having so many of these moments lately, many too small to remember, but today was different. At a client's home, I was making a stir fry. I turned on the burner to heat the oil in the skillet and realized that I turned on the wrong burner. I shut it off and turned on the correct burner. A couple of minutes later I smelled something burning. I realized that the burner I turned on the wrong burner (so blonde). My client said not to worry, she has moments too. As I like to involve the client in the preparation of her meals so she feels productive, I asked her to get me a certain spice from the cupboard. She asked me where it was and I had her going on a wild goose chase. The final cabinet held the prized spice. Upon getting ready to leave for my next client, I dialed the office number to clock out. It took me 3 tries to dial out. Each time I had dialed the wrong number. Driving to the next client's home, I found myself enjoying the sunshine and cracked the window just a bit to let in the fresh air. As I approached the client's home I put on the blinker to turn right and told myself how I am almost on auto pilot when driving to my appointed rounds. That was until I turned into the driveway of the house next to my client. Thankfully, the only one to know what happened was me. Maybe it is time to change my hair color.
@Modestah (11192)
wow! that is something to have so many incidents in one day - have you been getting enough sleep? are you particularly stressed out right now? I hope tomorrow goes much smoother for you - it is good that you have a sense of humor about these events.
Stress is my middle name. I have been having some difficulty with getting a good night's sleep. Menopause may also be lending a hand with the havoc I am feeling.
i am white haired but have days like that I call senior moments. I set the alarm clock for the wrong time so I was going to be a bit late so I hurried to dress and had my top inside out okay got dressed and caught the bus by running a half block and got to the doctor's office and I was only ten minutes late so i signed in as there was a full waiting room then the clerk said very sweetly Mrs Hatley your appointment is for tomorrow. senior day a most definitely senior day!
That I haven't done....yet. But, don't rule it out. I have been worried that I would show up for my physical therapy appointments a day earlier than scheduled. That is why I decided to schedule them for my day off.
Is it possible that you just had too much fun over the Easter weekend, or too much family, and are just tired out? I am for sure. I kept trying to dial my daughter and kept putting all the right numbers in all the wrong order. I do the wrong spice or wrong ingredient in the wrong cabinet as my clients at my evening job live in identical duplexes, but use their cabinets differently. It makes you feel lost. I have also turned in just the wrong place, or just the wrong time. I do not even have the excuse of hair color, unless we consider that I am getting more and more gray.
I think I need a mini vacation.
@whittby (3073)
I call mine senior moments, but only to myself haha, don't want the family using that catchy phrase referring to me yet. I turned off the wrong burner today and checked the pot a few times before I realized I only had one pot cooking away. I was taking my kid to school instead of going to the grocery store the other day too. And that's ALL I'm admitting for now....Not a bad idea as mentioned above, to check if you're getting enough sleep or have too much stress, these sure make me worse than ever... ,,whit
I have nearly driven past a client's house and headed for, um, the mall. That was clearly a sign that I need some retail therapy.
@Polly1 (12647)
Even us brunettes have blonde days, hehe. I hope tomorrow goes better for you.
My sister is a brunette and she has blonde moments too. I tell her that she is having them even more since she had highlights put in her hair!
I would like to know how the meal came out. It's cute how you say blonde moments. I have never heard of that one. So I take it the next clients house was just fine.
I actually prepared 2 different dishes and made an apple crisp too. They all came out great.
@winterose (39897)
that it is how it goes, murphy's law, when one thing goes wrong everything goes wrong, I am getting that I don't trust myself near the stove I have to be extra careful, or I set the stove on fire,
@villageanne (8554)
LOL Your day sounds like my week has been. I have not been feeling well and I get all messed up no matter what I ttry to do. So how is your clients neighbor??? Just had to say that. LOL Have a better tuesday than monday
I almost dropped by their house today to find out. Geez, when will this ever end?
@Debs_place (10524)
ANd I make coffee without grounds in the coffee maker. I have no idea what are the street names I drive on to get to places. I can't ever give directions to anywhere. I never remember where anything is. So what is the problem..I am confused?
I started the coffee, placed the grounds in the coffeemaker, set it to brew the following day. Forgot the water.
@Thoroughrob (11748)
We all have days like that, but it doesn't make you feel any better. I am always thinking one thing and saying something else. My son has fun with it.
That sounds just like me. I often say something and in the next breath hear myself say "what?"
@writersedge (22577)
Either you were tired or having trouble concentrating. I have days like that, too. Different stoves/ranges/ovens at different clients' homes must be confusing anyway and driveways can be in front of, next to before, and next to after so that can be confusing, too. Take care
@stephcjh (32327)
LOL. that is funny. It sounds to me like you have alot of things on your mind and alot of things to take care of. I really don't think it is a blonde thing. I bet you had to laugh at yourself later. I would have felt so silly LOL.
@bfarrier1 (2082)
I have days like this as well I always say I have blonde roots under my dark hair lol,i hope your next day was a better day for you,You would not believe how many burner covers I have burnt by turning on the wrong burner.If you have time off maybe its time for a few days for yourself.Have a great night!
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol you certainly had a Blond Day I am so glad that my Blond Moments have disappeared for a while I must have sent them to you Elusive lol
@CanadaGal (4304)
I had a blonde moment last night that stood out. I get blonde moments all the time, and I adore blaming my hair colour for it. I'm a natural blonde (my main profile pic makes my hair look much darker than it actually is). I was out to see the theatre production of "Rent", and had first balcony seating. I decided to dress up a little bit, and actually wore high heels! I had issues getting on the escalator. It was rather amusing actually. You'd think I hadn't tried going up stairs in a while. Thank goodness there are railing to grab hold of. lol. Better yet was the sausage man who joined me for the evening... when we were leaving, he had issues going out the door! He claims his coat got caught on the handle... yeah... whatever! lol! There must've been something in the air yesterday, don't you think? lmao.
@Darkwing (21588)
Hmmmmmm... sounds a bit like me! You weren't up late working on Mylot last night, were you? That would be one explanation, or it could be as you say... it's time to change your hair colour! Mind you, I don't think that will make a lot of difference because I have a red headed friend who's as skitty as they come! Brightest Blessings for a better day today!