There is no joy in Mudville, for mighty Casey has struck out;

Garden Grove, California
How many of you older mylotters know from what poem that verylast sentence came? Did you ever read the poem?
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Ohmy yes, Casey at the Bat!
Hi Ldyjarhead yes indeed. I have read that so many times that it shows my age. lol
@suspenseful (40314)
It was from Casey At The Bat. And I also saw the cartoon. It was quite popular and I saw it a lot when I was a kid. I did read the poem as well. So if you want to see the poem in its entirely and not the shortened version shown in the cartoon here is the link. http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Casey_at_the_Bat
hi suspenseful this just made me realize how I felt when we found out the lady who had promised to help us rent an apartment reneged on the whole thing. there was no joy in Hatleyville for the mighty Claire struck out. we paid heavily for her reneging but we are doing okay for now anyway.
@suspenseful (40314)
I guess you felt the same as Casey and the whole town of Mudville. Anyway thanks for the best response and glad everything turned all right for you in the end.
hi suspenseful how are things going for you now? I know things have been a tad rough. I know that i am okay here but long for my son to get a really good job,accumulate some money and move us back in together again. but til then we are okay.
@bunnybon7 (43273)
• Holiday, Florida
many times i read it and heard about it as a child. Casey at the Bat yey. and im trying to figure out why some awful person has put some terrible interest tags on this why would they do that?
hi oh my gosh bunnybon7 I will have to look, as mylol admins made a new rule recently about terrible tags. wonder how come they did not see this.
@Rosekitty (19398)
• San Marcos, Texas
This is right up there with the "Who's On First" Joke..lol.. Really shows our ages but of course learned this from my Parents and tv... Hi Hatley!Huggs
hi rosekitty resurrecting my old discussions. this one was not too popular but heck it was fun.yes it showed our ages.
@Opal26 (17689)
Hi Hatley, Oh being a diehard Yankee fan from way back which has nothing to do with it except that I of course know the name of the poem! Casey at the bat! Oh how I love that poem! Even to this day! One of my all time favorites!
hi opal26 a year later still love the poem Casey at the Bat. I could always envision the crowd when he struck out and how people probably yelled at him. wow.
Casey at the Bat - Hey, you don't have to be old to remember that! One of my favorites from elementary school.
hi AmbiePam I didnt want to do it but these old discussions were glaring at me a whole year wow. I did like that poem Casey At the Bat.
I have heard it read, seen it spoofed. I think on Captain Kangaroo of all places with BunBun and Mr. Moose. It is called Casey at the Bat, I believe. I wonder how many myLotters grew up watching the Captain.
higardengerty here after a year feels so weird. My son used to'watch Captain Kangaroo. Casey at the bat, wow. what a poem.