Can we make more than one response to the same Discussion?

@vijbas (369)
hi mylotters, we earn when we make a response to a discussion. when the discussion continues we will comment to our responses and this continues. what if we make a new response instead of commenting to the same discussion we have responded already. will this earn us more? is there any condition that we should respond only once to a discussion in terms and conditions?
@myklj999 (34038)
• Olney, Illinois
You get paid for comments as well as responses, so why bother doing that?
@vijbas (369)
do we get paid for comments too. i dont know this. if so there is no difference. thank u for the information
No, you do not get paid for comments, unless it is in someone elses discussion, and it is to a response from someone else.
@myklj999 (34038)
• Olney, Illinois
Sorry GG, but your information is wrong.
@carolbee (16231)
If you make a second comment on the same discussion, it's been my experience that we are not paid. If you notice, making a second response to the same discussion the number of discussions beside your name will not change. I am convinced the only way to make money on this site is by starting discussions and hoping for mega responses.
@myklj999 (34038)
• Olney, Illinois
I know a new user who has a post count of 52 and has had 73 responses to her discussions and has made a grand total of 27 cents, so responses to our discussions must not pay very well.
You only get paid for the first response to the discussion you start.
No, there is not a rule against making another response to a discussion. It will not earn for you though.
@myklj999 (34038)
• Olney, Illinois
I hate to tell you, but evidently things have changed, because I have spent an entire day before doing nothing except commenting in my own discussions, and I did get paid for it. And no, it was not from stuff from the previous day; myLot is on the same time zone as me, and I know what their day runs. Plus, I asked them about this in a PM and was answered back that they do pay for us commenting in our own discussions. I figure they are probably the ones to believe about it. Comments do not add to our post count, but we are paid for them, just as adding photos in discussions and interests doesn't add to our count but we are paid for them.
I will grant that the post count does not change. The last time I "tested" about the commenting was over a year ago. I had started eighteen discussions. I spent the next day commenting and did not earn. When I previously asked about comments earning, the answer was a vague kind of answer about they would take it into consideration. I and the TOS said not to thank each person for responding as comments did not count. Like everything else, those situations do seem to change, and that is a good thing, in this case, as I do often comment back. Post count does go up if you go make a comment on someone else's response in a discussion that is not your own. I have been thinking lately that it may be that we get earnings for word count, somehow. Now I am joining in to the speculation of how we earn, and I always tell others not to do that.
@abhiroop85 (2828)
• Scottsdale, Arizona
yes ,remember these are discussions and one discussion may go on till we come to a conclusion ,so you can talk n number of times to each other,I do not know if any two guys have ever tried of making n number of comments or not [:P]
vijbas you are only paid once for a response,the second response you are not paid for. see your points they will not change if you have already responded once to the discussion. so why waste that sec ond one when you could respond to a new discussion and make another point. you are not stopped from doing that but you are in a sense just spinning your wheels going noplace with the second unpaid response.
@riyasam (16570)
i think we earn by one of our responses and one comment in others post.(not more than one). happy posting.