Turkey

@Anne18 (11034)
I have just brought a turkey already frozen! A bit early but it was such a great offer I couldn't pass it by. It is now tucked in the freezer, a shelf all to its self! LOL Have you brought any christmas food yet?
@ShellyB (5242)
I cook what I buy and right away, for me having a turkey for those many months, makes me insecure as to how good it is, and it does not matter what other people tell me, I am nuts like that, I hear that some meat freeze better for stays good for a long time than others, but I will be worried anyways.
@jillhill (37379)
Not yet! You are way ahead of me! I have though in the past bought apple dumpling that are frozen for the holidays. They are sold through the schools as a fund raising project.
@winterose (39897)
turkey is food as far as I am concerned it is not just for christmas it is for any time you want to eat it and when it is on sale we by it and eat it.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
NO, BUT I AM GLAD U FOUND A BARGAIN. I did buy a christmas present yesterday. Saw something i knew a friend would like.MERRY CHRISTMAS.
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
Last year a mylot friend from the USA said how cheap the larger turkeys were but it would not fit in her oven. I told her to ask the butcher in the Supermarket to cut the thirty plus pound bird in half and have half for Thanksgiving and half for Christmas. She was so happy and did this. My pc fried and am at internet cafe. One dau we will get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good for you for getting it early. It will save hassle and money
@walijo2008 (4646)
Wow!!! You sure are early for Christmas dinner, but hey if you got a good deal why not. I myself can't pass up a good deal when I see one either. No, I haven't bought any Christmas food yet, I don't like to think about it till its time, I'm always the last minute girl...haha.
@bdugas (3581)
Well I have been stocking up on things to make like baked beans and baked mac and cheese, which will keep till the holidays. I believe in getting it while it is marked down or on sale. Can always put it back and use it when the time comes. I have not looked at the turkeys don't know what the prices run when it isn't around the holidays, maybe I will take a look at the prices next time I go shopping see what they running and if it a good deal.
@ElicBxn (61137)
nope, but I don't cook for Christmas anyway
NO I have not but I do have a turckey and also a big pice of ham in the freezer. A lady gave it to my mom a few months ago and she never took them and now they are just sitting there take space. I don't know if they might still be good or not I guess now I have to check for the expiration dates. I hope they are still good because I don't like to trow out phone when I know that there are many people that don't have a meal to eat most of the time.
@Shar19 (8236)
Wow, you are really on the ball. Good for you! No, I haven't bought any food yet for Christmas. I can't even think about it yet.
@hellcowboy (7380)
This is a really good discussion and I am sure there are a lot of people who buy food early for Christmas,just like I am sure there are some people who do there Christmas shopping early,and then I am sure there are people who wait to the last moment to buy food and presents for Christmas,and I can understand that everyone is different and no two people think the same way,which is good because it adds spice to life,that is cool that you got a turkey for a great deal and it is always good to shop when you find good deals,especially since almost everything can be frozen to keep it fresh,we have not bought anything for Christmas feast yet,because right now me and my fiance and my parents,are worrying about mine and my fiances wedding,and we have done bought like one hundred and sixty hot dogs that we have in our freezer which we have to store until September,and we bought them back in July,and I am sure we will pick up more food as the wedding gets closer,especially if it is on sale because it will help us save money,which is a good thing since we have very little money to begin with,have a great day,good luck with your life,and all of your mylotting goals.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi Anne18 Nope I can't say I have bought any Christmas food yet as I didn't think you could keep a turkey frozen for that long. If I saw some 'Christmas' food that was going cheap now that I thought would be ok in the freezer for 6 months then I too would go for it!!
@suzzy3 (8352)
Not yet food but I have started picking up gifts for the grandchildren ,it is going to be tough this year so starting early is a very good idea to buy the bargains when you can.The way things are going you cannot be sure of being able to buy what you like from the shops.As it is getting harder to find stuff,as so many shops are going bust and not making the stuff anymore.
Not yet.
Hi! Anne, it never has to be Christmas around my house to buy or make turkeys early. I like cooking a turkey almost every month. And I even make the extra sides to go with the turkey. To have a nice turkey dinner. And I like to invite family members over.
@HelScream (2823)
Christmas food you must be kidding right this early I dont know would it still be ok to eat if it is that long frozen already? hope you dont mind for asking that my friend I am just curious about that
@savypat (20245)
I have not given one thought to Christmas this year. Last year I gave a craft as gifts, I don't even have a clue of what I will do this year and as for food, nothing is ready for the meal unless I do something with the produce we are raising in our garden.
@gemini_rose (16192)
Haha that is really early! I have not brought any christmas food yet, I do not expect I will start buying anything in until at least the end of November!
@stephcjh (32327)
Wow. Really? Good for you. I do not blame you for going ahead and getting it since you got a good deal on it. I have not started getting anything yet for the holidays but I will before too much longer.
@cher913 (25865)
is it ok to buy a turkey this far ahead? i have heard that you should only keep most meat in the freezer for only 3 months as they end up getting freezer burned. we usually go to a number of peoples houses for chirstmas so we dont get a turkey. i have however, started my chirstmas shopping and crafting already!