Opal Here! I'm Back!!!!!!!!

@Opal26 (17690)
Hi all my mylot friends! I am so happy to say that I have made it back home! I had an "interesting" visit with Mom and got lots of sun and swimming in! But, unfortunately I have also come back to alot of sad news from some of my very dear friends here! And I also came back to a bunch of disturbing things at home too! So to make this a discussion, have you ever gone away to return to some nightmarish problems like a dead tv, bathroom ceiling leak, etc! Welcome home Opal!!!
Hi Opal, welcome back, yes when it rains, it pours, we had some sad news here on the Lot and lots of coming and goings, I am so sorry about your bathroom ceiling leaking and your tv not working, thank goodness nothing like tat happen to me but saying that my pump from the central heating which is connected to my hot water went and I had have my bath with cold water. Its all fixed now thiank god. We have missed you here, so its great to see you back. Tamara
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey tamara! It is so great to be back! I have missed everyone so much! I will just have to deal with the problems and I have been dealt! The ceiling will have to wait until Monday and the tv, I don't know! I've already been pricing them online!
@leenie50 (3992)
tamara, What did I miss? What sad news are you speaking of? I hate it when I 'm in the dark. Love leenie
Welcome home, my friend! I wish I could make things better. I haven't been away anywhere for quite awhile, so any problems I have, I've not been too surprised by them. lol I'm glad you got some fun in while you were gone. Maybe someday I'll go swimming. Of course I'd have to learn how to swim first. Mind flying down to Oklahoma to teach me?
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey Ambie! I would love to come to Oklahoma and give you some swimming lessons! I'm like a fishy when it comes to water! Beats me why since I'm an air sign and hate flying! I had the best time doing laps in the pool! I had the whole pool to myself! And it was the only place "mommie dearest" wouldn't go near! lol
@sconibear (8010)
Welcome home sweetie!!! No returning home disasters here other than the time missybear took out some ribs to thaw and then we went on a spur of the moment camping trip and forgot about them and had to toss them. Anyways, hope you had a good time.
On occasion I have come back to disasters. I sure do not like it when I do. I am glad you are back, are these the real problems you have come back to?
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Gerty! Unfortunately, those are just two! There are some that are a bit more serious! I also have a pending problem where my health insurance is up and I will have to see what is going to happen with that! I am now on disability and I don't know what or if I will be getting help paying it so that is the number issue that is weighing me down right now! I got the papers two days before I left and they have to be completed and returned before the 17th!
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
Well indeed Yes welcome home but it sounds like you had way more fun being away. I hope everything is OK.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Grandmaof2! Well, I came back to a few major problems! My tv in my bedroom that's hooked up to my cable box decided to die and now I have to go shopping for a tv and of course I can't afford it! But, I can't live without a tv to watch in bed! And there is a large bubble on the ceiling in the bathroom that has gotten alot bigger which means my upstairs neighbor's tubs is leaking into my ceiling! Not good stuff to return home to!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I like it best when the family is all home. So welcome back Opal. You were missed, but then I was happy that you were getting some sun and fun. All is well. I'm not aware of too much sadness, save poor Bella of course. But then I often seem to miss the details about who did what to whom etc
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey p1key! It's great to see my favorite fishyman! I got the news about tattys poor kitty lottie and the kittens and was so upset for her! I wished I was here for her so I felt extra bad. But, I'm now dealing with the crap that I came home to and it's not been pleasant since I walked in the door! But, I am so happy to be back with my friends on the lot!
@skyhss (1142)
Welcome back Opal...good to see you:) nope, everything is always the same when i get home from going anywhere.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey sky! Great to see you! Not sure why things happen when I take my first vacation in 10 years, but I guess that's the story of my life! You should be leaving soon too? I hope you have a wonderful time and will sure be waiting to here about your trip! Hugs, Opal
@BarBaraPrz (24198)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You said it: Welcome home Opal! Glad you had a good time. Are you going to tell us more?
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Barbara! Well, it was an interesting time! Mom and I fought as usual! Some things never change, but that's how we are! But, we had some good moments and she bought me lots of nice clothes and a new Timex watch! And I gained about 10 pounds that I now need to lose! We ate out or ordered in every day!lol
@MsTickle (25051)
Swimming and sun sound really good about now. Sounds like a fairly traumatic return though. The worse I had happen to me was we turned the hot water off just prior to going on a 4 week desert camping trip. We were so ready to come home. I had left instructions with my daughter to go to my place and switch on the hot water the day before we were due to come home. Unbeknown to me my partner phoned his best mate to go and switch the water on because we were really hanging out for showers....so Jo turned the water on and next day Lionel turned it off and we came home to no hot water. Not devastating but we were really desperate for a lovely shower and had to wait till the next day.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi MsTickle! Now that is traumatic! I used to go camping and that definitely was the first thing I wanted to do when I got home! I really enjoyed swimming in the pool because there was no one else there and I had the whole pool to myself all week long! I was able to do my laps with no one to bother me! The sun was very strong so it was impossible to just lie still! I'm tan now, but peeling so the tan won't last long! So now I'm pricing tv's and trying to figure out what these new ones are about and I haven't a clue! And tomorrow I will be screaming at the landlord to do something about this leak in the ceiling which means getting into my upstairs neighbors apartment and tearing my ceiling out again!
@MsTickle (25051)
They say it never rains but it pours. LOL.
@missybear (11393)
ICKY
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi missy! I missed you so much! I told your sconibear to tell you! I went to Florida to see my Mom who I hadn't seen in 10 years because we fight like cats and dogs and we did! I got to swim and I'm all tan (wish I could take a picture now)! She took me clothes shopping, bought me a new Timex watch, I gained 8 pounds cause we ate out and it was fun! But, now I'm back and have lots of crap to deal with! Does that answer YOUR questions?
@missybear (11393)
yes it does, I'm glad you got a tan, and 8 pounds ain't nothing. I just lost 28 poundsit's no fun at all
Yes,dear! It is called LIFE. Bummer. Hope it didn't take away too badly from the effects of your vacation. Interesting visits are good. Reality is not always fun. Hope things go well for you.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi celtic! Great to see ya! Yup LIFE happens when you're having fun!
Good to see you as well! Take care.
@ElicBxn (61055)
I had a cat die (he was at the vets because he was sick) while I was gone for a weekend.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Elic, That was always my main fear that something would happen to my cats while I was away. I "talked" to them on the phone, but only Luna "talked" back and danced on his back happily to hear my voice! My Star was very quiet and depressed and didn't leave my side yesterday when I got home!
@ElicBxn (61055)
he was a very sick cat, and the trip couldn't be put off I loved Mekon
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Welcome back. I have been very lucky to never come home to anything really bad. My in laws came home once to their garage burned down and all electronics in their house fried due to a lightning strike. We could not reach them as they have no cell phone so i can only imagine the shock when they pulled up to the garage and it wasnt there.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi minnie! Great to see ya! That is always one of my biggest fears that there will be some kind of fire while I'm away! But, my boyfriend was here watching the cats and the apartment which is how I found out about the tv and ceiling!
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Wee golly gee!! Opal is back!! You've been sorely missed gal!! How are you? What is your story? lol Mine is pretty much all in my home page of mylot all except for the lately parts because I don't think anyone finds it interesting anymore. It's not all good stuff anyway so just as well. But hope all is good with you and yours!! Good to have you back here again!!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey cats! It's great to be back on the lot! It was hard to be away from here for 9 days! But, it is so great being back here with my "real" friends!
@hiddenwing (3721)
Welcome home! No, I have never gone away to return to some nightmarish problems! I hope everything will be good pretty soon! Anyway, I won't have a sunday this week! So, let me take a moment to moarn my loss first! haha Have a great evening!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi hiddenwing! And great to see ya! Not sure how you're losing your sunday, but hope you find it!
@ZephyrSun (7382)
Welcome home! I was just thinking about you the other day. I was wondering if you were back. I hope that "interesting" doesn't mean bad, I hope you had a lot of fun! I have had a "return to some nightmarish problems" before and it stinks when that happens. Since you didn't go into details, I hope everythings alright with you and your home, and if it isn't I'm sorry and I hope it gets "fixed" soon.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Zephyr! I did love being in the sun and the pool! Got lots of swimming in! Ate way too much and gained about 8 pounds that I'll have a tough time getting rid of!lol I just have alot of issues to deal with now looking for a tv, having the ceiling fixed, having some serious medical tests! But, not much I can do about those things, it's just LIFE! Missed ya and glad to be back here on the Lot!
@pyewacket (44031)
LOL--you're going to have to tell me in an email all about your trip...LOL. Glad to see you back...really missed you around here. Sorry to hear you came back to nightmarish problems though How did Star and Luna react when their "mom" came home???? Bet they were happy to see you
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey pye~ I will write you an email to give you all the personal details! Missed you lots! And yes, Star was very happy to see Mom! Luna "talked" to me on the phone! Now he disappeared. Star is on my lap and won't leave me alone!lol Guess he's afraid I will leave again!lol
@bunnybon7 (42783)
• Holiday, Florida
oh im so glad you enjoyed it. did you meet anyone from mylot? yes, once we went away for the weekend and left enough food out and water for our kitty. well the car broke down and we couldnt get back the second day. i called my cousin to go over and see if he could figure a way in to check on the kitty. i told him break a window if he had to he managed to jimmy one and get in. funny thing is kitty had already got on the counter and opened the bag of kitty food and been eating it
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
I am so sorry that you came home to problems. That is not good. But anyway, welcome back Opal.
@gabs8513 (48712)
Welcome back Sweetie What sad news on here Sweet, I have not heard anything I am sorry that you have also come back to disturbance at home, I have to admit I have always been lucky when I go away, I have not ever come back to anything bad Hugs to you Sweet and I am here for you
@gabs8513 (48712)
I have missed you to, sorry I am a bit late here but a lot of New Members just joined at Gissi's Fun Place lol so I had to welcome everyone and all that Yes I did hear about Tatty and it is very sad Big warm Hugs to you