I love this Website for their coupons, but I hate it using it with DIAL UP!!!!!!

Excuse me while I BLOW UP HERE.....[u][/u] Just another one of my Pet Peeves this morning and stinky stupid slow aggravating frickin frackin DIAL UP!!!!! Can you imagine sitting here waiting and waiting trying to print out 4 coupons and it only took me 1 hr. and 17 minutes...there abouts.. OH MY GAAAWWWDDDDDD!!!! I kid you not!!!!![u][/u] As I said I love the website for savings and most of all for having this coupon of $2.00 off on my Advil Sinus that I use daily; $2.00 off now that's a huge savings for me as I average 2-3 boxes per month, Stupid Missouri only allows us to buy 3 per month; here is a link to all of Wyeth's super coupon savings; Wyeth Consumer Healthcare Special Offers https://www.wyethallbrands.com/special_offers.aspx [b]THIS IS NOT A REFERRAL LINK [/b][u][/u] but a link for coupons to save yourself some money!!! So good luck if you have high speed, the coupons load very quickly for you; if you are on dial up like me, try to watch TV or something while you wait the only drawback is you have to register for each coupon you want to print out, not a big deal really its worth it I think; I've been saving money with this site for several months now and I pray they keep the Advil Sinus Coupon on here FOREVER (g)!!! do you search for name brand coupons each month like I do?? it makes a big difference when you are limited on funds like me!!
@ElicBxn (61078)
can they track you buying it from different locations? How "Big Brother" too bad you don't live near the border and can slip over to the next state to buy more
Sometimes it is trouble with coupons, and today it just seems to be trouble with MyLot, trying to get discussions to load, without posting them twice.
HI Elic: What sort of food allergies do you have? I agree some over the counter products can make us jumpy the advil sinus doesn't affect me that way at all even with all the crap I take daily; Maybe my body is just used to it all...LOL!
@ElicBxn (61078)
the airborne stuff? most of the trees, molds, grasses, and that's just outside, then dust, cats, dogs and other stuff inside and I don't have anything that bothers me tooo much, tho sometimes I'll run into something I haven't been around for a while and have some sneezing.
@Loverbear (4928)
I have dial up too...and a wonderful story that is gonna make you feel lots better! I have two digital cameras, a Nikon Coolpix 2100 and a Kodak that I just bought. I got a super deal on the Kodak because I was buying the demo model. I got the camera that retailed for $225 for $45! But I thought I wasn't getting the software with it. So, I went to the Kodak site and started the down load. I sat watching the down load (hey in the country even watching paint dry is exciting at times!!!) and discovered that it would take about 10 hours. That was at 1 a.m. So I left the computer on for the down load and went to bed. I got up did my usual chores and checked the computer. It was still down loading at 11 a.m. I noticed that I had four hours remaining on the down load, so I went about my work. I went back four hours later and it read that it would take another 4 hours. So I did some sewing and watched some television. I checked at 8 p.m. and the site informed me that it would be another 12 hours! Okay, I went to bed and got up the next morning and the first thing I did was check the down load. It was still down loading!!! Time remaining: 18 frickin hours! It took three days to down load that stinkin program!!! And it was really down loading, it wasn't playing me. It was loading at 10k per minute. Now are you ready for the punch line? Get out your Depends as you truly will pee yourself!!! I found the stinkin CD with the operating system for the computer, in the Spanish translation of the owners manual! After I got over the initial irritation, I saw the humor in the whole thing. I figured that the big plus was a quiet three days!
@malamar (784)
Loverbear, where are on earth did you find that kind of patience? Please package some up and mail it to me - I will gladly pay postage and handling charges On the flip side, a digital camera for $45 - Bonus!
@Loverbear (4928)
I used to have NO patience. If something went wrong, I would go berserk! I finally taught myself patience by, of all things, untangling yarn and embroidery floss. A friend had a ton of the stuff and was going to throw it out and instead gave it to me. I worked for days getting the stuff untangled. Pretty soon it reached the point that I was buying tangled yarns and floss because untangling in would soothe my frazzled nerves. The software down load was kind of funny to me because I really needed the driver for the camera and the only way to get it was to down load it. After the three days of down loading (and I found the CD) I realized how peaceful it was with not having a certain friend of mine calling every day and talking about crap for two hours. That's when I discovered that I could leave the computer on and just walk away for awhile and not get the annoying calls. This poor lady is in a horrible marriage, doesn't want to lose the security of her husband's monthly income (even though half way through the month they are out of food and have to try to borrow money to get the stuff they need...and I've been hit up too often-to the tune of $2000!) so she developed a HUGE crush on her math teacher. One does get tired of hearing about Mr. so in so this and Mr. so in so that, and I want to jump his bones. Anyhow, one hint for all the my lotters looking for a digital camera. Check your local stores, and see if they have one's that you like that they are clearing out. Then have the clerk check and see if they still have one in a box. Cross your fingers that they don't. I got mine at Target and it had been knocked down to $85 and the guy went back and found the box (they won't sell it without the box) and since the connector cable wasn't with it I got more knocked off. Then the clerk showed me how I could get a cable connector for it for only $5! The gadget is even better than having all that cord dangling from the computer as it only reads the card rather than having to be hooked up to the camera. No extra software was needed to install the card reader and it is so much easier to use than the cord. But most of the stores are hungry enough that they will work with you on the price. Keep it in the forefront of your mind when you go shopping for any bigger ticket item...say anything over $20! It does work, as I do it quite often. If they won't dicker while I am standing there I tell them to keep it and walk away. It will work, they'll call you back and work on the price. If not there is always another store that will work with you on the price.
{{{LOVERBEAR }}}, You dear dear friend I know this discussion is still fairly new but after reading your post and how you endured an 18 hour download YOU DESERVE IT...THE BEST RESPONSE IS YOURS BABY!!! Damn I wish I had some sort of an AWARD to give ya!! OMG!! OMFG!!! LOL! I think I would have been bashing the computer at the 8-10 hr. mark much less THREE FRIGGIN DAYS...HOLY HELL!!! I remember so many programs taking forever when I first got my computer and my friend ( my smart computer guy friend) was having me load this and that and so on and I'd get so crazy mad when I saw how long they would take you know? GGEEEZZZZZ!!! I know you got an awesome amazing deal but that is insane ( that download) and then you found the CD......OH MY GGGAAAWWDDD!!! [u][/u] I'm sorry dear friend but I was "howling" then you poor dear....My bad for laughing!!! What is your secret to staying cool?? I know you've seen those funny silly icons/emotions whatever where someone is bashing the computer right? I love those, but honestly I think I would have done that for an 18 hr. load...GGGGEEEZZ!!! Like I said you deserve the best response on that one and I wish I could find some sort of award to give you too for your patience...YIKes!!! ( trust me ) when I say I'd not be able to do that...I'd have to be super -doped up or GONE from my house to be able to do that one... Yep! Every time I do a download while using stinky dial up I will think of you and the long long super-dooper download you did of 18hrs...I'll just have to bite my tongue..and tell myself well AT LEAST ITS NOT 18HRS.....LOL!! {{big hugs to you }} Mercy me! That just blows my mind you know? an 18hr. download is just NUTS!! You should write about that too on one of those article websites you know? Thanks for sharing dear friend I do feel better now but am still shaking my head over your ordeal....
@ladym33 (10990)
Thank you for the link, and the information. I used to have dial up so I know what you are talking about. Now that we have a cable modem things are so much faster, I don't know how I coped before with the dial up. It took so long to do everything, if I had to go back and do all the waiting I would probably pull all my hair out.
HI Ladym: You are welcome I hope you can find several items there and use the coupons; I used to have DSL through my phone but it was so high and my phone bill just got worse and worse I had to go back to dial up several months ago and I've been b!tching and moaning about it ever since; for like 9 years+++ I had dial up but once I had DSL OH MY GOD WAS IT NICE!! but being on limited income ( my disability ) things have just gotten so tight lately I had to give it up; They are working on getting the fast speed internet via my cable place so I am hoping to get back on faster internet soon as this dial up is gonna give me a heart attack...LOL! I HATE IT!!! yEAH I know what you mean I don't have much hair left to pull out but if I did I'd be pulling it...LOL!!!
Jan, I sure hope you get rid of the dial up soon. Like you, I do not use IE for things like that. Actually not for anything.
LOL! Me too Gerty, Me too!!! No matter how I juggle my monthly bills though things just seem to get worse and worse for me; (sigh)!!
@Rite17 (773)
Peopel STILL have dial up!?? UK, don't know if anyone has it anymore!! Wire free, fast, effective and portable! Couldn't do without it!!! And with dongles that you can surf net on the train, park, street, public loos!! U name it u can surf net there with one of these!! Top it up like mobile for day, week, month surfing.. up to 3GB browsing and I never get through it all!! Best thing I ever bought!! Now with fella I use his broadband and dongle has had its uses... for when we on hols in UK..can carry on playing online and have no worries on going to the local library or clock-watching for time running out on dongle... top up when needed!! Over internet by card is SIMPLE!!!! If it was dial up wouldn't have dongles, wireless net, wireless laptops or much else with wires!!!! Wireless age is upon US!!!!
HI Rite: Yeah unfortunately some of us still have that crappy slow dial up! I had it for like 9++ years then for about a year I got to enjoy DSL, it was wonderful but had to go back to the dinosaur age of dial up again, as money is just too tight for me; I am on limited income being on disability and just have too many bills each month; Trust me I'd love to be on wireless that would be awesome, or just back on some sort of HIGH SPEED INTERNET...maybe someday soon I'm praying I really am I hate hate HATE dial up! Dongle must be something for the UK huh? Never heard of it.. Enjoy your wireless pleasures I know I wish I could too!! oh and Welcome to MYLOT!
WOW I didn't know there was a state in the US that monitored over the counter medications. How do they keep track of how many you have purchased? Do you have family that live in another state that could buy them in bulk and mail them too you. Or is your mail also monitored? WOW Big brother is here among us and we don't even know it. He will slowly take over. Thank you for the website for the coupons. I love all the coupons I can get
HI JennyMarie, Welcome to MYLOT; Oh yeah Missouri has been monitoring that stuff now for years, when you purchase the advil sinus or anything that contains the sudafed, you have to give them your driver's license and they punch in your information on the computer there; and too we have to sign our name for each purchase; It sucks!! And they won't let you purchase more than two boxes either at a time I got so tired of the hassle I just buy one , the one week and buy one another week; You are welcome for the website and coupon info...I myself use lots of them I have too things are just too expensive; Plus as a bonus I get my sweet revenge too on a lot of checkers LOL! I worked at Walmart for many many many years before I had to go on Disability so I enjoy using all the coupons I can everywhere...LOL!!
I have a couple of websites that send me coupons each month. I usually buy store brand pharmaceuticals, so I do not download those. It is frustrating when ANYTHING slows down the coupon process. Sometimes my coupon downloader works, other times it does not.
Yup... dial up can be a real pain in the you know where. I am forced to use a dial up because nobody is offering a broadband service in this area. Isn't it possible to get some other type of service where you live? I never search for coupons online. But I do a lot of browsing and downloading, and yes, sometimes I have spend 40 minutes just to attach a tiny word document. Cheers and happy Mylotting