Brushing in the shower?

There are times when I have been in a hurry and have grabbed my tooth brush and went ahead and brushed in the shower, my husband thinks this is nasty but I don't think it is that big a deal and it shortens up my shower time LOL. Have you ever brushed your teeth in the shower and if not would you if you could?
@cream97 (29164)
Hi, there froggieslover! No, I don't brush in the shower at all. I have no time to do this. My time is mainly focused on washing all of my body parts. I usually will brush my teeth right before I get in the shower. And I brush my teeth with my clothes on too. I don't think that I could ever brush my teeth while taking a shower. Do you spit in the drainage as you are showering too???
Hello cream, I have not brushed my teeth in the shower in about a year or so just because the new house has a detachable shower head and I don't have enough free hands to also brush my teeth. I too brush my teeth before I get into the shower now but yes if I brush while I shower I would just spit the paste down the drain...Thanks for your response
Although I usually do my teeth brushing at the sink I think this might be a good idea because I end up getting water all over me trying to rinse my mouth out. And I usually get toothpaste on me or all over the rim of the sink. I will have to try brushing my teeth in the shower and get back to you.
Hehehe...well the shower should give you a bit more room to spit and brush that way your not getting it all over and even if you do does it matter because you can just rinse or wash it off while you are in the shower....two birds with one stone I say LOL Thanks for your response celtic and be sure to let me know if you try it and how it works for you.
Ya, the first time though that I forget to rinse out the toothpaste from the tub and come back to see it I would gross out. When it starts to dry it looks like someone coughs up a loogey. Ugh!
@carolbee (16231)
I haven't ever brushed my teeth in the shower. Wouldn't want the water dripping off my dirty hair onto my toothbrush. Don't keep toothpaste in the area where I shower. It's in a different bathroom. I can understand it would cut your shower time but don't get confused and use your toothbrush to clean yourself.
I sure hope that I never get confused and use my toothbrush to wash....I haven't yet had any shampoo get onto my toothbrush but I will be sure that if I start brushing in the shower again I will try and make sure that I am brushing the right area and keeping the soap away from my brush =) Thanks for your response carolbee
I rarely do this.. i think I have once or twice in my lifetime. lol. Among doing other things in the shower, this one just seems a little unsanitary to me. And I'm not really sure why.
I am sure you are right and there is some sort of unsanitary nature to brushing in the shower but not as unsanitary as other things that may be done in there LOL...Thanks for your response maezee
LOL, this is something that I do frequently. It saves me time in the long run because when I put the conditioner in my hair, then I need to wait for at least two minutes while it works into my hair and there is nothing else to do during that time than to brush your teeth. Now, my husband doesn't have any opinion about my doing that, but my daughter is always telling me that it is gross to brush my teeth while in the shower. Heck, I even sometimes shave my legs and underarms while I am in the shower because in that situation it is warmer that way.
Where else are you suppose to shave your legs and arms? I always shave while in the shower or even while I am in taking a bath. I brushed my teeth when I would use conditioner too but now we have the shower where we have to hold it so I normally brush my teeth at the sink before hand now. Thanks for your response dorannmwin
I do this all the time, especially if I'm late for work or a meeting. I don't think it's nasty. The toothpaste goes down the drain just the same as in the sink. I even go bathroom in the shower if I'm in a hurry. I do number 1 of course and not number 2. That would be nasty.
Hehe...i knew what you meant about going in the shower. I started a discussion about that before I started this one and your not alone although i think it is yucky just because I am in there to get clean not to be peeing on myself there are some that did it too..brushing in the shower is probably my limit Thanks for your response greatsasuke
@lyzabelle (1668)
Certainly not. I don't brush my teeth in the shower. For me it's two separate thing that must be done in separate place and separate time. When i go shower it's all for the bath nothing else.
Hehehe...everyone has their things that they just can't do..like people that can not have their foods touch. Thanks for your response lyzabelle
@checkmail (2041)
Hello froggieslover this is checkmail and often when am too in hurry or late for some work, in just haste do my morning brushing while taking the bath also, rarely use shower.Well there isn't anything bad about to do two three things at a time, is it.Otherwise i mostly brush mine teeths at mine wash bin.Even in future if got late will have to do it again, no option for that.Its atleast better to brush while taking your bath/shower than going without brushing in your teeths with bad breath.
I agree checkmail brushing in the shower is a ton better than going without and spending the day with bad breath. I have never brushed in the bathtub just because i wouldn't want to sit in my paste spit but I guess if you are in a hurry and that is how you bath then that is where you will have to brush Thanks for your response checkmail
@madteaparty (2759)
• Japan
I have never done so. My brain just can't concieve how to brush the teeth in the shower, for me they have to be separate things :P. Anyway, my boyfriend has done so, and he gets along fine with it, so I guess I should give it a try one day too.
Hey now some people just don't llike to do so and if you are one so be it....dont you let your boyfriend change you LOL you let them be seperate things...Thanks for your response madteaparty
@katsmeow1213 (28910)
I always brush in the shower. I've been doing it for years. Not sure why, but I find it easier. Not really for time purposes, because I'm a stay at home mom and have plenty of time to brush my teeth. It's just easier somehow, I think because I hate having the water and toothpaste run down my chin while I brush, and in the shower I don't really have to care.
Hello katsmeow, I am not sure why I have brushed my teeth in the shower either it just seemed more convenient for my although looking back and since I haven't done it in a year or so I guess it wasn't really any less time consuming outside or in the showerI guess I just liked doing it LOL and to be honest if my shower set up allowed it i probably still would brush in the shower =) Thanks for your response
I brush my teeth in the shower!! it's just for saving up time! Problem is then I forget the toothbrush in the shower and I loose time the day after, looking for it.
Hello paleorainy, LOL, I am not so sure that after losing the tooth brush in the shower that I would really want to find =) You might want to consider tying a string to the end or perhaps just going back to brush out of the shower LOL Thanks for your response
@bounce58 (17451)
When you have shampoo on your hair, don't yet get it in your mouth? I assume your mouth is a bit open when you bite off the toothbrush. The suds would slip inside your mouth. Then have you tasted your shampoo? No, I haven't tried brushing while in the shower. But I could do that if I used a separate conditioner on my hair. Where the instructions would say leave on hair for a minute or so. Then I could use that minute to brush my teeth. But this defeats the purpose of multi-tasking. You can just use a shampoo with conditioner. Did I digress, or have I overanalized this?
Hello bounce, I brush while the shampoo is in my hair but forunately I have never had any that has gotten into my mouth. I think it is probably because my hair is not that soapy and wet when I brush. I do use a shampoo 2in1 LOL Thanks for your response
froggieslover well why not as its just multitasking and everyone does that.besides all comes clean under the water, he he. just as long as you obey the directions on the new hairdryers, do not use under the shower?!!3## So of course drying your hair in the shower is forbidden. now I wonder why?
Hello Hatley, Yep blow drying my hair in the shower is something I will never try, I may try to multitask but that is something i will never multitask that way LOL I hope everyone reads this and remember to never multitask with a blow dryer and a shower. Thanks for your response...