Clicking Suggest Only Shows Followers

I know i should have gone to the admin about this , but i feel i would like to know if i am alone on this . Whenever i click suggest it shows a lot of my followers even from long ago. I can't see from them the new ones i just followed like, Lady Duck , my friend from Bubblews . When i clicked following she was there . Can't it be that when you click suggest it would show the "following " because anyway they are the active ones at the moment . My thoughts . . . .
@PhredWreck (7641)
• Olney, Illinois
What you want means the list would have to constantly change and use even more resources to run than it already does. It might be easier for you, but harder for the programming
@topffer (42323)
• France
+1 It would probably request too much system resources.
So is it not possible ? That's okay . But posting a new topic will always appear on the notifications of our followings ? I am sorry i am not that techie here . No time to explore much .
@topffer I understand .
You aren't the only one that encountered it .I always go to" following "to see what post they have started.
@SIMPLYD I have done those as you said .Even though I am an old member of mylot,but I haven't found my feet on new mylot .
@SIMPLYD You go me one better .I think I will know the ropes as time goes on .
Truthfully I preferred it when we got notifications in our e-mail when a friend started a new post and even better was the option to not get notifications because some I wanted still as friends, but they posted so much, it filled my inbox.
I find it tedious though to suggest to followers since they are numerous . But as of now i only choose the active ones here again . As to notifications at our email we can customize that here by going to settings if the notifications .
@SIMPLYD No, that only customizes if someone interacts with you, not your friend's posts. On the old MyLot I could go to each friend's setting and either get notified when they start a post, or opt out.
• Bucharest, Romania
I was wondering what the following and followers list is for anyways.
Followers are those that follows you but not necessarily your following . Following are those that you followed . In my followers list i can see all the mylotters from below who also became my following .
@suni51 (3431)
You confused me allover again, when I was trying to understand and getting to know things a bit more question like these make my job even harder. I would prefer to explorer as much as I must and let the rest come in due course.
Yeah , you should now explore more , so your confusion will be answered .
I am marking this for @myLot Bugs as I too feel the same way. We should be able to suggest to those who we are following too.
Maybe you should read @PhredWreck 's comment about this .
@cynthiann (18603)
• Jamaica
This happens to me too but I don't bother as I am still not able to be on here for as long as I would like. So I do not post often. Annoying though
Indeed . But @PhredWreck already explained the intricacies of having it that way .
@simone10 (54800)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I wish I had an answer but I am new and just started today.
@simone10 (54800)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@SIMPLYD Thanks for your help! It's very appreciated
@simone10 Yo'u're welcome !
@rosekiss (30354)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am not all that sure about it, but now that I have started checking the suggestions, I have moret to respond to. Granted, I don't respond to all, as I don't have feedback for all of them, but I do respond to those that I can give feedback.
We can only do so much specially when we only have small time frame here .
@rosekiss (30354)
• Eugene, Oregon
@SIMPLYD I live alone, so I can come in as much as I want, but when Icome in, I don't have all that many suggestions to even do, or most of them I have already responded to.
I have not noticed that fact Simply, I must check it out. I wish there were more suggest too as I am not seeing many discussions from friends at all.
As we all know , we have different time zones . That's why dropping a line or two will let our followings know we get to read what they are discussing about.
@SIMPLYD Yes all I do is just hit suggest, hope that seems to be working
@kaka135 (14711)
I haven't try out the suggest feature yet, so I didn't know how it does. Thank you for showing me that. Perhaps it's a good suggestion to the development team.
It's a nice feature i must admit . But then , it will be so tedious if you have lots of followings . So maybe putting all our posts as to the time they were submitted would make it be known to all that you also posted a new one .
@ifa225 (11091)
it is hard for me to share the posts since there are too many followers of mine from ancient times I have to check list only the member who still active here and it is not fun to scroll down loooong enough since mostly I used tablet when I active here perhaps this featured advised me politely to switch to my cpu
Actually i too have lots of followers from long ago . I have to scroll down a bit long to choose from them who were active now. I am glad i have a picturesque mind because i can easily spot who they were .
@Weng0909 (343)
I'm a little bit confused maybe I'm a newbie here but will see I can get the idea sooner, I will explore first on this site
Yes do that - explore . I did it also the other day . Now , i am more knowledgeable.
I was also a little confused. I hope this discussion will help me to understand a little more.
Maybe you should read the comment below of Some Guy Typing , that it will be difficult if it's the following who will appear in the Suggest button .
I have only tried to use it one time and I wish they would just let us search for who ever we want to include.
With this post of mine , i am now clarified on this . @PhredWreck already explained it will not be easy to have it that way .
@dpk262006 (58697)
I also face the same problem. There are many followers in my list who are inactive. Sending a 'suggest' option for a discussion to my favorite mylotters sometimes takes a very long time.