Who Or What Inspires You?

Image from Pixabay
@simone10 (30751)
Do you have someone or something that inspires you? It could be a friend, family member, religious figure, or a celebrity just to name a few. This list can go on. For for me it is my maternal grandmother. Her and I were extremely close and I spent as much time as I could with her growing up. She taught me unconditional love, courage, strength, loyalty and values. She never judged me, not once. My grandmother raised 4 children on her own. My grandfather died very young from a blood clot to the heart. Not only did she take odd jobs to support her children, she put herself through cosmetology school and eventually opened her own beauty shop with a friend. When I was 17, she was diagnosed with colon cancer and was told she had a year to live, two at the most. I was devastated. When I was 18, her cancer went into remission and she didn't pass away until I was 40. I am 63 now and I still miss her every day. Also everyone on myLot inspire me every day. If I am feeling down or have problems, all I have to do is come here and it feels like everyone gathers around to comfort me. So, please share with us, who or what inspires you and why?
@Gillygirl (32787)
• Sutton, England
I am inspired by my family especially my two little grandsons. Also fellow mylotters and some friends in offline life.
@simone10 (30751)
That is so sweet to be inspired by your grandsons.
@Gillygirl (32787)
• Sutton, England
@simone10 Love em to bits.
@simone10 (30751)
@Gillygirl I have 6 grandbabies so I know how you feel
@a_jerobon (1270)
• Eldoret, Kenya
I am always inspired by my parents. They are so hardworking and even though they are not in good terms, they never let that affect us.
@simone10 (30751)
That's great that they never let their relationship affect you. I wasn't so lucky with my parents.
My father, my parents, some of my friends and also my online friends.
@simone10 (30751)
That's a lot of people. Do you have one that inspired you the most?
@simone10 My father, surely my father.
@simone10 (30751)
@LadyDuck You and your father must have had a special bond. It was like that with my grandmother.
My paternal grandmother inspired me, and so has my husband, certain friends, and even my sons.
@simone10 (30751)
I think it's lovely that you have so many people who have inspired you.
@simone10 Thank you. I just remembered that my old boyfriend's mother was a huge inspiration, too.
@simone10 (30751)
@DianneN really? She must have really liked you
My family are my inspiration. The reason why Im moving on in life...
@simone10 (30751)
I think it's great that you are able to move on in your life. It's not always easy.
@simone10 True. it never been easy. Thank you. :)
@simone10 (30751)
@Nickzter1331 you are so very welcome.
@LowRiderX (10899)
• Serbia
It depends really, everything can inspire me
@simone10 (30751)
That's good that you can find inspiration do easily.
@LowRiderX (10899)
• Serbia
@simone10 I did not say that I found it easy, but if I need it for something, I found it
@simone10 (30751)
Gotcha!
@sofssu (23201)
My parents were my inspiration, my dad with his honesty and integrity and my mom for her never say die attitude and hard work.
@simone10 (30751)
They sound like really good role models.
@sofssu (23201)
@simone10 They were.
@simone10 (30751)
@sofssu Thats wonderful!
@dya80dya (16288)
My grandmother inspired me, but she is not with me now.
@simone10 (30751)
My grandmother inspired me as well. I'm sorry she is no longer with you.
My maternal grandparents were the inspiration from my past as now it is mom . . . as far as things that inspire well that would be nature and all she has to provide for solitude and beauty !
@simone10 (30751)
I agree with you when it comes to nature, very peaceful and relaxing.
Lovely and precious story of a godly woman. Thank you for sharing. You have inspired me today. Thank you.
@simone10 (30751)
Oh, why thank you! That is such a sweet thing to say.
@1hopefulman (42884)
God and Jesus are amazing! Over the years I have had a few great friends that kept me on the straight and narrow.
@simone10 (30751)
I agree about God and Jesus, that a given. Its wonderful that you have had friends inspire you too.
@pumpkinjam (6672)
My partner and my children inspire me. I want to do well for them. My partner has done so much with his life - sadly, his health means that he can't do them again with me. I want to inspire my children and for them to be proud of me as I am of them. My eldest son is training to be a teacher while youngest son wants to be an actor. They are both doing all they can to make their dreams happen. I think, in a way, my parents have inspired me but in a different way. They aren't what you would usually consider an inspiration. They inspired me to not be like them!
@simone10 (30751)
I know what you mean about your parents, mine were like that too. I'm sorry that your partner's health keeps you both from doing things you enjoy.
@simone10 my parents aren't bad, they've just never really done anything! My partner does get frustrated with his health at times but he'll join in where he can. And, as he always says, he's already done a lot before he became ill whereas I'm just recently starting to live my own life. He's happy for me to do things on my own. In fact, he and my 13 year old love spending time together without me!!
@simone10 (30751)
@pumpkinjam you seem like a very loving family
• Sonora, California
I am blessed with many Inspirations, my Nonna May she rest her soul, for her love and guidance, my Mom, My Spiritual Mentor Sister Ruth, f am also inspired by men like Martin Luther King Junior, and so many others!
@simone10 (30751)
Those are great people to be inspired by.
My mom inspired me, she worked hard to put food on the table for us. And my husband does inspire me now.
@cacay1 (42396)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
My family, friends, mylotters and foremost my God inspire me every minute of my life and every beating of my heart.