Mother's Day 2019

@1creekgirl (15693)
My husband and I went to spend the weekend with our daughter and family in Mt. Pleasant (just across the Ravenel Bridge from Charleston, SC.) Our granddaughter was there also (she lives in Charlotte), so we all traveled several hours, but it was such a wonderful weekend. On Saturday night we all went to Grace and Grit Restaurant (I wrote about this already) and it was yummy. First time I ever had peaches and cream grits! I actually prefer my grits plain with salt and pepper. Sunday, our granddaughter took her mom and myself to brunch at Stars, a lovely restaurant in downtown Charleston. The food was soooo good. The raspberry macaroons were the best I've ever had. The photo is the three of us on the roof top of Stars where people can gather for drinks and enjoy the sunset. Afterwards, we shopped along King Street which had been closed off to traffic. There were food vendors, local crafts, and several musical acts. Several of the little clothing shops had Mimosas for the customers. (In case you're not familiar with it, Mimosas are orange juice with champagne.) I had never had one before because I don't like champagne, but they were refreshing on a warm afternoon. We left to come back home Monday morning. On the way, we toured Brookgreen Gardens which was amazing. It's a 300 acre wildlife refuge and sculpture garden with so many plants and flowers. To me, the most beautiful parts are the centuries' old Oak trees with hanging Spanish moss. We even came across an alligator by one of the ponds. At first I thought he might be another sculpture, but thankfully he moved a little before we got too close. Not that I was taking any chances. My husband took a photo of me with the gator in the background and I have the funniest scared look on my face! It was a wonderful Mother's Day and I never take it for granted. My love and prayers are for all myLotters who no longer have a mom (or never had a good one) and all the moms who have lost a child. It can be a very sad and bittersweet day.
@Mulidi (1418)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
I hope you have great time with them
@1creekgirl (15693)
Thanks, we really did enjoy being together.
@Mulidi (1418)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
@1creekgirl You are welcome
Great picture and it sounds like a lovely time. Our niece lives in MT Pleasant but we have yet to visit there. I do love Charleston.
@1creekgirl (15693)
Mt Pleasant is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, although the residents would rather people didn't move there. It's a very cool place.
@1creekgirl She is a real estate agent and sells some really gorgeous homes.
@1creekgirl (15693)
@BelleStarr There's some mighty fine property there. And the people all seem perfect. My daughter calls it Mt Plastic!
This is a beautiful photo, I am glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. It was a bid sad for me, it's only the second year without my Mom.
@1creekgirl (15693)
I know you still miss her. How old was she?
@LindaOHio (3736)
Glad to hear you had such a good time. That's a great picture.
@1creekgirl (15693)
With everyone grown (almost), it's really special when we can get together. How was your day?
@LindaOHio (3736)
@1creekgirl Very quiet and uneventful.
@yanzalong (10416)
That's very comfortable house you were at. Mother's Day is never forgotten by all women, I would think.
@1creekgirl (15693)
We enjoy going to our daughter's home and just being together.
Sounds like you had a fabulous Mother's Day. Beautiful photo of all you ladies!
@1creekgirl (15693)
Thanks so much!
It sounds like a really fun way to spend time with your daughter and granddaughter. The 3 of you make a very pretty trio.
@1creekgirl (15693)
Thanks! We enjoy spending time together when we can.
@CarolDM (25209)
Sounds like a delicious meal and great company. Glad you enjoyed your day.
@1creekgirl (15693)
Thanks, Carol. I know it was a sad day for you. I'm glad you have wonderful memories of Dustin.
Such a lovely picture Vicki
@1creekgirl (15693)
Thank you. I love my girls.
Three beautiful ladies in that photo!! Yes, Mother's Day does bring joy for some and sadness for others.
@1creekgirl (15693)
Thanks for the nice words!
@UncleJoe (13869)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I had a mother but she would never admit it.
@1creekgirl (15693)
I hope this is one of your jokes, Joe. I miss my grandmother, my mother not so much.