Good News!

@moffittjc (53704)
Gainesville, Florida
I had my final appointment with my knee surgeon this morning to seek final clearance to resume full activity. It's the end of my six weeks of physical therapy, and he just wanted to make sure everything had healed up properly. Separately from the things I had surgery for (torn MCL and Meniscus), I also have severe arthritis that has caused almost all of my cartilage to wear away, leaving nothing to cushion the bones from rubbing together in my knee. One of the things my surgeon said to avoid as much as possible to prevent further knee pain was going up and down stairs. So of course what happens? Our elevator broke at work last Thursday, and I had to go up and down three flights of stairs for two days until they finally fixed the elevator. And then because that was not enough, the other night I banged my kneecap against the corner of the nightstand in my bedroom. So I was in a little bit of pain this morning when I went to see the surgeon. Anyway, after a thorough inspection of the knee, he gave me a thumbs up and said I was completely healed, save for the arthritis of course. He told me the pain from the stairs and banging my knee was just swelling that would go away in a couple of days. He game me the green light to resume full activity! I laughed, and told him I have been looking forward to going back out there and doing all the crazy, stupid, daring and adventurous stuff I like to do. He just shook his head and said it looks like he is going to be my surgeon for years to come. We both had a good laugh at that! Upon leaving the doctor's office, my first stop was to see a lady friend of mine. No, not for what you think (get your mind out of the gutter)! She's a skydiving instructor, and I wanted to schedule a time for her to take me skydiving. Yep, now that I'm cleared to resume full physical activity, my next big adventure is to go skydiving! Anybody know a good doctor that can mend a broken leg?
While I'm glad your doctor gave you the all clear, I'm not so sure you're planning the right way to celebrate, lol.
@moffittjc Omg, I hate that saying. Poor excuse to do, or not do, things. Just be careful!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Haha, I agree with you! I don't exactly like that saying either. But, skydiving has always been on my bucket list, so I want to get it out of the way while I can.
@moffittjc maybe should have done it when you were younger.. lol.. but goodluck and be careful.
@moonandstars (15403)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
No. I haven't broken anything, yet O, skydiving? Really? Isn't that too YOLO style?
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Yes!!!! It’s definitely too YOLO style, which is exactly why i’m Doing it!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@moffittjc I can see that
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@moonandstars I have a very active sense of adventure! I like to do crazy things!
@Nevena83 (23590)
• Serbia
I'm glad your knee is good, but you have to be safe.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
I promise you, I'm being as safe as I can be and yet still have fun!
@Nevena83 (23590)
• Serbia
@moffittjc It's good that you always have fun.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Nevena83 Don’t get me wrong, I work hard too, but I make sure I have fun as well!
@Mulidi (1418)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
That is great news Lol I'm still thinking about your friend what will happen when you are two in the room But don't take me seriously
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
She is very attractive, and she is also single. So there's no telling what may happen in the room!
@Mulidi (1418)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
@moffittjc And you are also single
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Mulidi I will be after my girlfriend reads this post!
@1creekgirl (15695)
So glad to hear the good report from your doctor. I did a VR this weekend where you step off a plank 20 stories up and I couldn't make myself do it. I can't fathom actually jumping out of an airplane. Have fun!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Ooh, I don't know if I could handle stepping off a plank 20 stories up, even if it was only VR! That would definitely freak me out! I think my fear of heights has to do with relativity. If I am in a situation where I can perceive my height relative to the ground easily (I.e. standing on top of a ladder), my fear kicks in. But if I am in a situation where I can't perceive my height in relation to the ground (I.e. in an airplane), I seem to have no fear whatsoever.
@1creekgirl (15695)
@moffittjc You do realize how strange you are, right? Oh well, you're still a cool guy.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@1creekgirl I don't know if I should apologize, or say thank you! haha Arent' we all a little strange, in our own unique ways?
Oh my goodness Jeff, it's all the time like this, when you have a problem you hit the part of your body that has a problem. I am glad it's nothing at all and it will resume in a few days. I know a good doctor for broken legs, but it's not really close to you.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
My knee is still really sore from banging my kneecap a few days ago!
@moffittjc I am so sorry, may be the doctor could suggest a medication to rub on the knee.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LadyDuck The doctor offered to give me a cortisone shot in my knee, but I declined. I might take him up on his offer in the future. but for right now I would prefer not having to go that route.
That’s wonderful news! Getting the green light to resume all your crazy wild activities will keep your doctor in business for years to come. Are you serious about skydiving? My nephew did it twice and loved it! Btw, a good friend of ours is an orthopedic surgeon. I’ll give him a heads up that you may need his services.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Whatever you do, don't refer me to Dr. Jay! haha Yes, I'm serious about skydiving. It's been on my bucket list for years. And who wouldn't want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane with a beautiful woman?
@moffittjc Not to worry. And have fun. Can’t wait to hear about it!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN It won't be for another couple of months. Just about all my weekends are booked up through most of the summer. But I'll make sure to post about it when I finally go skydiving.
@josie_ (8574)
Skydiving is not for me. I have vertigo, I'm afraid of heights. It must be quite an experience free-falling. But the landing can be brutal to your knees. You sure you want to do this after a recent knee surgery?
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have vertigo and I'm afraid of heights as well. Which is exactly why I want to jump out of an airplane. As for the landing part, well I haven't quite thought that one out yet. I'll have to get back to you later when I figure out how I'm going to protect my knees upon landing.
@josie_ (8574)
@moffittjc _You live in Florida. Maybe swimming is a better sport alternative. It's also good therapy. Builds up the muscle and improve mobility of your knee.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@josie_ I swim every day! I am the aquatics director for all of our city's public swimming pools! haha
@simone10 (28132)
Oh no, skydiving? You must be an adrenaline junky!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
The funny thing is, I’m not an adrenaline jump junky by any means. Most of the crazy stuff I do scares the you-know-what out of me! I guess I just do it to face my fears.
@simone10 (28132)
@moffittjc really? I am so afraid of heights and even the idea of jumping from a plane makes me sick to my stomach
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
44m
@simone10 I have a fear of heights if I'm up on a ladder. But I have no fear of heights if I'm up in an airplane, Not too long ago I flew in an old open-cockpit biplane where every time the pilot banked a turn, I felt like I was going to fall out. But it didn't bother me one bit! It was pretty fun!
great news, jeff! and have fun skydiving, it's on my bucket list
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Oh, that's awesome Bree! I hope you get the chance someday to go skydiving! I first had the opportunity years ago during my bachelor weekend in the Keys to go skydiving over the islands, paid for by my groomsmen. Although I really wanted to do it, I chickened out at the time. I'm not going to chicken out again! I'm actually excited about it this time!
@moffittjc that's the spirit!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@isweartokira So you going to join me? I'll tandem with the cute female instructor, and you can tandem with a stud male instructor!
@rakski (27646)
Glad to hear that everything is good. Still take it easy.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thank you! I don't know the definition of "take it easy." haha
@rakski (27646)
@moffittjc ok, just be good to your knees!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@rakski Ok, I will try to be very good to my knees!
@Deepizzaguy (18279)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am happy to learn that your doctor has healed you of your leg injury.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Yes, he has healed what I'm sure is the first of many leg injuries I will suffer! haha
@Deepizzaguy (18279)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@moffittjc That is the problem I am having with my old age and overweight conditions.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Deepizzaguy My problem is not old age or overweight conditions, it's me being crazy and doing stupid stuff that gets me hurt. I like to take risks and be adventurous.
@LindaOHio (3736)
I have an excellent orthopedic surgeon that replaced my knee and my hip...but he's in Ohio! Be careful with that skydiving!! Glad you got the all-clear.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Also just in time for another paintball tournament I will be playing in this weekend!
@LindaOHio (3736)
@moffittjc Cool! Good luck!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LindaOHio Thank you! I'm looking forward to it.
@RubyHawk (30617)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You seen to have the same trouble as Leo. Arthritis has worn away the cartilage in his knee . He can barely get around with a walking stick..His doctor won't do surgery be cause he's diabetic. I'm so happy for you that you are doing well. Just don't break a leg.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Hi Ruby! It’s been a while since i’ve Heard from you. Hope you’re doing well. Yes, my cartilage is completely worn away. Doc says I will need a knee replacement in the future, but he doesn’t want to do it now because i’m too young he says!
Uh oh...you may need a knee replacement one of these days..No joke either, I had a friend who broke her leg skydiving when we were in HS. Sky diving is something I think I would do, but only a tandem dive with an instructor..Two shoots and one person who really knows what they are doing,..works for me!
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
I’m definitely doing a tandem jump! I’ll ease into the solo jump next if I survive the tandem!
First of all congratulations and second hope, you have a great time skydiving. I could never because I am afraid of heights. Just don't fall into a pig sty like in this scene.
Skip navigation Sign in Search Loading... Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... YouTube Premium Loading... Get YouTube without the ads. Working... Skip trial 1 mon
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Oh goodness, I hope I don't land in a pig sty! I will put my faith and my life in my instructor's hands, I'm pretty sure she will guide me to a safe landing.
@Elizaby (4882)
• Pensacola, Florida
With some big paintball tournaments coming I would wait on skydiving for a while so that you will be in top shape for your team
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
No worries on that, I won't have any free weekends to go skydiving for a couple of months. Plus, I didn't realize how expensive skydiving is, so I need to save up the money first. I figure I will schedule a jump sometime this summer.
@wolfgirl569 (15477)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you are cleared. Try not to break a leg.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thanks. I never worry about getting hurt from big things like skydiving and whatnot. It's usually from something stupid, like slipping on a banana peel or something.
Yah I don't think that is what he had in mind lol
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
There you go bursting my bubble! haha
@UncleJoe (13869)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
The only way I would jump has to be when the plane's on fire.
@moffittjc (53704)
• Gainesville, Florida
As they often say, "Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?"