Flooding in Green Bay

Green Bay, Wisconsin
We've had more than half an inch of rain since last night. The rivers are flooded and this person isn't going to church. There are reports of flooding along the Bay of Green Bay, the Fox, and East Rivers. They are also talking about another river flooding along the way to church. The flood watch goes until midnight on Monday. Which means, I won't be going swimming tomorrow either. I'm staying home and staying safe. So far, from what I've seen, there aren't any cancellations, which means my church is probably having service this morning. I've been keeping an eye on everything. However, I don't trust the rivers, especially since they are rising and we're getting another half to three-quarters of an inch of rain yet today. Green Bay is also hosting the Cellcom Marathon today. They canceled the full marathon, though the half marathon is taking place. You won't find me out there without the guarantee I won't get trapped by flood waters. With that said, I watched a couple of church programs this morning so it at least feels like Sunday, and I got some teaching in me. It's not supposed to get above 60 F if it even gets that high. Yesterday, we were supposed to reach 54 F and it only reached 49 F. So, this rain is also keeping things cool with gusty winds. I've been telling the gal on the reception desk at the Y that this year will be known as the year of the flood. We've had a lot of rain, and it will continue this week, though the latest forecast shows less rain than previously forecasted, which is good. We don't need it. It does feel strange not going to church. But I'd rather be safe. It's also quite dark for 9 AM. Still daylight, but it makes everything inside seem like I should have the lights on. How are things with you? Rain, no rain, sun and nice weather? Thanks for reading.
We are still waiting for some nice weather to last.No one day but a few days at least.We get one good day and then the rain comes
I hear ya. We've had a lot of rain, but not like last night and today. Looking outside, it doesn't look bad, but everything is wet. For now, it's stopped raining, but it will start up again soon.
@just4him we have been having a lot of rain lately this year
@amadeo Too much rain this year.
@1hopefulman (41679)
It is about 52 F, cloudy and some rain on and off. Not the best Sunday. I wish it was a bit warmer.
I hear ya about being warmer. I hope it gets better for you. Sorry about the rain.
Not a very nice weekend for this long one.
@marlina No, this isn't a good weekend. It's been rainy and windy. I'll be glad to see the sun tomorrow.
so glad ya decided to stay home 'n safe. we're 'xpectin' a storm 'bout 4'n the morn with 1-2" hail 'n high winds. oh joy...
That's large hail. I hope it didn't appear or nothing was damaged because of it.
@just4him folks 'round's 've been gettin' bigger sadly - 'p to tennis ball sized. the most recent 'twas o'er open country, so no reports'f any damage. we got fortunate 'n such didn't occur'n the wee hours. jest kicked'p the wind a couple more notches. she (wind) 'tis still hummin' today.
@crazyhorseladycx I'm glad there wasn't any damage. We've got wind today too.
@rakski (31288)
It is better to be safe. No rain, just sun, sun, sun.
Yes, it is. I'm glad you have sun.
@rakski (31288)
@just4him Mr. Sun loves us so much
@rakski We have the sun today. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
@Gillygirl (30040)
• Sutton, England
The weather is good here today. I am going to see how my little grandson got on with his checkup at the hospital and have some garden time.
I hope all is good with him and he passed his checkup. It's good here today too.
@Gillygirl (30040)
• Sutton, England
@just4him He has a little grumble on his left lung but is making good progress.
@Gillygirl I'm glad he's making good progress.
No rain yet today, but had a lot yesterday. The ground has not had a chance to dry up, so everything is muddy and very soggy.
I'm sure it is. I'm glad you don't have the rain.
@just4him We have had rain and it comes and goes. From sunshine and blue skies to rain in a matter of minutes.
@Corbin5 It's raining again, just as they predicted.
@JESSY3236 (9356)
no rain Sunday. It was hot. I went back to church after two weeks of not going. But my knee was hurting me so I didn't play my clarinet.
I'm glad you were able to get back to church. I'm sorry about your knees.
Full sun 90 degrees and dry. Stay safe.
I didn't go anywhere. 90 is too hot.
@Elizaby (4940)
• Pensacola, Florida
No rain here just some overcast skies and sun throughout the day. Will be going out tomorrow with a friend as she gets a shot to help build her bones and then we are going across the road to Olive Garden for lunch
It sounds like a nice day today. Enjoy Olive Garden.
• Rupert, Idaho
That does sound like quite a bit of rain! It has been raining here too, and is supposed to most of the week.
I'm ready for a week of sun.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him That would be nice....for sure!
@MommyOfEli2013 Yes, it would. Not this week though.
Kind of half sun, half clouds today, boring.
I wish we had sun. It's raining again, but it was supposed to rain off and on all day today.
@just4him , did you finally get the sun?
@marlina It was a beautiful day yesterday. Today, not so much. It started out nice, but the clouds are rolling in. The sun will be completely blotted out in a couple of hours and then more rain.
@ShifaLk (13010)
Oh.. Good that you are home and safe. Take care. I was about to suggest you to watch some online Sermons
I watched two this morning. Thank you.
@ShifaLk (13010)
@just4him awesome
@ShifaLk I like Jentzen Franklin and I saw Jack Graham. They were both very good. Both talked about children - discipline and not discouraging or exasperating them. Two different viewpoints on the same subject.
@kareng (11902)
Other than the sinkholes at LSU in the parking lot by athletics, we are holding our own here. We have this disturbance from the Gulf of Mexico moving in now and we got a good bit of rain today. Tomorrow we have flash flood warnings with rain expected all day and more rain on Friday. For the weekend we have just normal afternoon thunderstorms, but we really do not need the rain. They delayed opening the Morganza Spillway until this coming Sunday due to the river not rising as fast as they predicted, so that is good news. However, this new rain will change all of that. Stay home and stay safe.
I'm sorry you are getting more rain. We've got a week of sun coming our way, with only a spot of showers on Sunday.
@kareng (11902)
@just4him Next week is looking like normal summertime weather. Only scattered thunderstorms which are hit or miss. I'll take it.
@kareng After hitting 82 yesterday, we're back in the 70s today and tomorrow, then back down to the 60s for a couple of days.
@just4him I am so so sorry about the weather. Flooding is horrible.
Thank you. Yes, it is.
@just4him I know from experience. I was in a flood once and it was horrible.
@Hannihar Yes, it is. I'm sorry you experienced it.
@xander6464 (14057)
• Wapello, Iowa
There's a lot of that going around. Here, Davenport is flooded. I think it's still flooded, anyway. It's been raining every day and it's starting to get again, too.
When I saw the weather map a couple of days ago showing the flooding in the local states, it looked like Iowa was fully flooded.
@xander6464 (14057)
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him It has been bad this year but it's still a long way from total flooding.
@xander6464 I'm glad it's not total flooding.
@nela13 (20700)
• Portugal
We didn't have rain as it was predicted and this week the temperatures will rise again.
We're on the rise this week too.
@nela13 (20700)
• Portugal
@just4him hope you get some sun soon and all that flooding goes away.
@nela13 The sun is out today. Thank you.
@cacay1 (39005)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
It's safety to stay at home during flooding day.Soon flooding subsides and you can go to church. The weather is the same in my place of residence,hot as ever.
I'll be back in church on Sunday.
@cacay1 (39005)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him ,ok that's nice
@moonandstars (16446)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Cloudy, with some rain. No meatballs
I'm glad there aren't any meatballs. I'm sorry you have rain.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him Yeah, nothing new with weather
@oahuwriter (7388)
Take care and God help them where you are and bring much more safer and milder weather too and keep things be able to work, thank you, amen. So far it's a sunny day on Oahu where I am. Going shopping. Right now hunting for an item I saw on sale but now can't find it. Well be safe and dry.
23h
Being dry is only easy if I stay inside. Lots of rain here. We're getting nicer weather starting tomorrow.
We have also had lots of rain this year and flooding, I am glad you decided to stay safe.
Thank you. It's better that than losing your car to a flood.