A THROWBACK PHOTO: "Are you in a state of REMINISCING the OLD DAYS?"

I have this feeling of reminiscing my old buddies in college years. In some way, we were good friends and had lots of happy moments together. I was browsing the old album and stumbled upon seeing this particular photo. I and my friends were so young. All of them are living in different countries now. It was me who is left behind in the Philippines. For me, it is a choice to live and work in my homeland. The sad part, we don't have any chance to keep in touch. They are so busy as a bee in their lives now. "Do you reminisce things in the past?" "Are you still in contact with your old buddies?" Image Credit: Shavkat
@florelway (6034)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
We always do, and thankful I am still in touch with my old buddies. Some are abroad but whenever they are in town we do spend good times.
I am glad that you have this moment with them. I do think that there will be perfect timing to catch up with them in the future.
@Janet357 (16364)
yes. my highschool.friend. just her. most are spread in some places i dont know anymore.
I think we have the same situation. It is only a few of them who get in touch with me. We do have a group on Fb. But they were not that active.
Not really no. It seems like those friendships fall by the wayside
I think you are right, my friend. It seems that they had changed towards me. Sometimes I ignore their presence.
This is a beautiful photo, I am not in contact with my old school friends.
It was a great photo before. The downside is that we were not close now.
@Shavkat I moved to another country soon after I got married, I was no more in touch with my friends. Back in time the smart phones and social media did not exist. This is something that people tend to forget, I married in 1971.
@LadyDuck Is there an option to track them on Fb or other social media? Have you tried this, my friend?
• Pamplona, Spain
Sometimes I do but not always. Everything has its place and its good to remember sometimes though.
I sometimes feel not looking at particular photos. I don't want to feel the sadness in the past.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat Same goes for me as well but every so often there you go it gets to you in that way we are only human.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I think we just need to to have a moment once in a while. For me, I don't need to feel melancholic.
@rsa101 (19075)
It is good to reminisce those moments indeed. I also have moments like that. I just think that you need to get in touch with them as often as you can. I am pretty sure they will have time to chat with you at some point in the future.
I had tried a couple of times, my friend. These buddies had changed. It is a stereotyped example that people changed when they moved to another country. I assumed that you had encountered this kind of people, too. Am I right?
@rsa101 (19075)
@Shavkat Ah ok... I understand what you're trying to point out. Well hopefully someday they would realize they have a friend in the Philippines that longs for them.
@rsa101 Honestly, I am not expecting them to patronize me or anything. If they don\t like me, the more I don't like them. It has been my principle in life for so many years now.
@Nakitakona (4295)
I have my old picture with my cousins when I was 4 years old. That was in 1955.
That was a long time ago. Did you frame it, my friend?
@Shavkat Yap. I did preserve it in a frame.
@Nakitakona That's nice.
@JustBhem (51378)
• Davao, Philippines
Always with my current condition, I only look up the past.
I know where it is coming from. We just need to be always optimistic.
@JustBhem (51378)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat Yes, I agree.
@Sreekala (31641)
I don't have any contact with any one at present.
Most of them are in my FB account. However, they have this time to chat. I gave up trying to save the friendship that I had with them. In time, there will be a reunion or something. Perhaps it would be the best venue to patch things up.
@Sreekala (31641)
@Shavkat Good luck to you.
@Sreekala Thank you. I think I am fine.
• Rupert, Idaho
I do think of things in the past....but I am not really in contact with any old buddies :( I wish I was though.
I do have this moment that why people changed through the years. Sometimes I always thought that some people need to change and forget the past. Perhaps they wanted to forget who they were in the past. It was just me thinking of this.
• Rupert, Idaho
@Shavkat Maybe that is so....but that's the way it is.
@MommyOfEli2013 Indeed, my friend.
Sometimes. Lovely, happy people there in that photo. What are fond memories do you cherish the most about?
They were good friends. I am not sure if they still remember me. I hope they still.
@Shavkat I hope you reconnect with them somehow.
@everwonderwhy I hope. They are still my friends on FB. However, there is no chance to catch up with them.
@Aansh13 (3620)
I love cherishing old memories.... Though I am not in touch with old friends... But I do miss them at times...
That's the sad part sometimes. We wanted to catch things with them. However, there is always time constraint, right?
@Aansh13 (3620)
@Shavkat Very true...
@rakski (31288)
it is really hard to have time. When my friends go home for vacation, we make it a point to see each other. And the ones left here, we try to see each other regularly. It is really hard to have the same schedule
It is really hard to connect with them anymore. Most of them are not living in my city. They just studied and went back to their hometown.
@rakski (31288)
@Shavkat oh yes, that is right
That is a wonderful photo remembering old school friends is always great. I am presently living in the same house with my best friend from the 6th grade.
Perhaps it is a glitch, my friend. I think you can see it now, right? I think both of you are really best friend. I lost my best friend when I was12.
@Shavkat yes, the photo is there. Sorry, you lost your best friend. My friend and I never thought we would wind up living int he same house. We grew up together.
@RasmaSandra I am glad that you have your friend. My childhood friends were not that close anymore. Through the years, they had changed. There is no need to be acquainted with them anymore.
@Tonietta (900)
Only few of my friends I do have contacts and it is very seldom we talk to each other aswell as everybody is too busy:)
I totally can relate to you about this concern. 'Life is busier and busier.'
@db20747 (19186)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
It's hard when best friends move away!! But it's good to keep in touch on holidays and birthdays!! One day u will get to have a reunion with them!!
Some of them had the time to keep in touch. Honestly, I don't know them anymore personally.
@hereandthere (37024)
it's impressive that they're all overseas now. but you've also had the same experience right? by the way, what's that other bottle behind the softdrink? hehe. and whose house is that?
We are about to have a drikinking session with the bottle thing.lol I think we had our final exam at that time. I did work abroad. However, my job's nature is more on humanitarian.
I have loads of memories captured in photos. I enjoy looking at them from time time.
I think I can see myself to you, my friend. I do love collecting photos and reminisce things in the past.
Where are you in the photo?
I am the thinnest young lad in this photo.
@moonandstars (16446)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Both Nos from me.
What do you mean, my friend?