Rock Painting and a Movie

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Today is Thursday, at least here in the US. Which means it's rock painting day. No, there isn't a picture, yet. Next week. I'm not enthused with today's projects. They didn't turn out how I hoped they would, which only proves I'm not an artist. Oh well. On arriving home, I went to my friend down the hall to see about watching a movie she put on her DVR a month ago for us to watch and watched the ever delightful Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It's a cloudy breezy day today. It's supposed to get to 68 which is a far cry from what they predicted last week at 80 for today's high. At least it's not raining. That's tomorrow. However, the weekend looks good, warm temps and a light breeze, so it will be a good holiday weekend here. Time to start interacting and seeing what you've been up to. How's your Thursday or are you on Friday already? Thanks for reading.
I know you love snow Valerie, I would like to know how to do you like the Summer?
Summer isn't here yet. It can wait as long as possible to show up. However, if summer is like today, the 60s, I won't mind. I don't do well in the heat.
@just4him I was wondering about that since your over the moon when it snows.
@sharon6345 I'm not a summer person. If I could, I would do what the snowbirds do and go to the southern hemisphere in summer. Winter, Spring, and Fall are good.
Good afternoon val.That is a delightful movie there.
Yes, it is. I'm glad you like it too.
@just4him I do very much.
no frettin' o'er the rock paintin'. yer'n artist, jest perhaps not practiced 'nough fer this particular skill?? love that movie! such 'twas'n metv last month i believe? prolly watched't 't least 4 times, lol. 'twas heavy with moisture here thursday morn, cloudy 'n breezy. reminded me 'f back'n the hills when i went out to tend the critters. jest muggy 's the dickens. not a fun thursday 'n i'm so lookin' ferward to peace 'n quiet friday. hopin' we can get some rain this weekend (crunchy pasture syndrome) 'n fingers crossed that if'n such occurs, there'll be no bad weather with 't.
Your description has me right in your muggy fields with the dry grass crunching underfoot. I can feel the breeze and the humidity in the air. I was never an artist. However, my latent abilities are coming to light. I just wasn't pleased with yesterday's attempts. I hope you get the rain this weekend to perk up the ground.
@just4him aw, most kind 'f ya to say, ms. valerie. i used to be better's such. 'twas a beaut 'f a morn 'n now jest really warm 'n breezy. dang these rains that continue to elude, but thankful no hail storms here (knockin' wood). ne'er an artist myself, my brother seemed to've gotten all those traits. that bein' said, i've been teachin' myself to do fancy quiltin' 'n with tons'f practice'n many disappointments, folks're likin' what i've done. i'll most likely ne'er be happy with 'em coz i notice e'en the slightest wobble/variation'n stitches. the perfectionist'n me comes out complete with broom, lol. that bein' said, keep doin' what'cher heart tells ya to 'n such'll come. i'm jest thrilled yer tryin'! 'n most likely yer bein' too hard'n yerself. thanks fer hopin', i've feared e'en pullin' 'p the radar 'r watchin' forecasts. 've gotten my hopes high 'n then been a tad disappointed later 'nough this spring. big hugs!
@crazyhorseladycx Thanks for the hugs. Yes, most likely too hard on myself, but like you, I see every flaw. Your pictures of your quilts are beautiful. I wish I could quilt. I've never learned.
I had a good day, I took Al to the neurologist to get his botox shots. We had Jack all day.
It sounds like a fun day with Jack. I hope everything went well with Al.
@just4him We won't know with the botox for a few days but today he has a wicked headache.
@BelleStarr I'm sorry he had a bad headache. I hope it's gone by now.
@Gillygirl (30040)
• Sutton, England
I do like the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It was very warm here today and I had to get out of the sun for a while. Please, may Mr Toad visit you so he can have a coat of paint?
Yes, he may. I would be happy to paint him. I'm sorry it was a warm day. It's a delightful movie.
@Gillygirl (30040)
• Sutton, England
@just4him I put the music on YouTube after I read your post.
@Gillygirl So, now you have Chitty Chitty Bang Bang going through your head, or maybe Toot Sweet. Great songs. I also liked Lullaby Bay and You Two. Okay, I liked all the songs.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is a beautiful and funny movie, I will suggest to my husband to re-watch it one of these evening.
I hope you enjoy it again when you do. Yes, it is funny.
@just4him I liked a lot and the actors were very good.
@LadyDuck Yes, they were.
@xander6464 (14057)
• Wapello, Iowa
We're supposed to have rain every day until Tuesday. Just your typical long weekend in Iowa.
I hope you get a break in the clouds and rain.
@xander6464 (14057)
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him It rained this morning but so far, nothing more.
@xander6464 A break in the weather. That's wonderful. I'm still waiting for whatever it's going to do today. They said it would be spotty and more after 5:30 than before.
@kareng (11901)
I'm on Friday because I'm still behind with reading and notifications. I ran some more errands today and did a few chores around the house. Hope you have a nice weekend.
I'm sorry you're behind with notifications. Errands are important so are chores. I'm having a wonderful weekend. The weather is awesome!
@kareng (11901)
@just4him I'm glad you are having a nice weekend with good weather. We are supposed to have pretty day today and tomorrow, but rain is back in forecast for the rest of the week :(
@kareng The weekend was good. Right now, it's pouring.
@porwest (14704)
Thursday is just another work day for me. Can't wait for the 3 day weekend coming up.
That should be nice.
@porwest (14704)
@just4him Even three day weekends are too short. Can't I just retire already?
@porwest Sure, you can retire. You have my permission. However, I don't know if your wife would agree.
@just4him If it is something you enjoy that is what counts. I remember that. I cannot remembe if I saw it. Thanks for asking. It is Friday afternoon here in Israel.
I hope you've had a good Friday.
@just4him It is fine. I am using the electric pad on my lower back.
@Hannihar I'm sure it feels great.
@Spontaneo (3627)
How do you paint on such small objects?
Not all rocks are small. Here are some I did a couple of weeks ago.
@Spontaneo (3627)
@just4him I still could not do it! Do you Mod Podge the photos on? Where do you set the rocks?
@Spontaneo Yes, they're Mod Podged. I generally keep them. However, the ones in the photo were for veterans and the pink one for my daughter. So, I didn't keep any of those ones.
@wolfgirl569 (15689)
• Marion, Ohio
It has made it to 80 today and feels great. I had my shopping to get done today. Relaxing now before I decide what is for dinner.
It's still in the low 60s. I think it's the clouds keeping the temp low. You can have the 80s. I'll keep the 60s. I took out hamburger, but I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.
@wolfgirl569 (15689)
• Marion, Ohio
@just4him I am thinking of thawing some bologna and frying it.
@wolfgirl569 I've never fried bologna.
@CarolDM (28307)
I would love to have 60s but instead we have 90s and humidity.
I'm sorry. You must have your a/c on to keep cool.
@CarolDM (28307)
@just4him Absolutey the a/c is on.
@CarolDM I wouldn't be able to live without it at 90 and humid outside.
@ShifaLk (13010)
You're talented Enjoy your time.. We had clouds too but didn't rain at my place
I don't know about talented, but it's fun. Were you hoping for rain?
@ShifaLk (13010)
@just4him yeah I thought it's going to rain but I think 4 drops hardly
@ShifaLk That's not rain, not even a sprinkle.
@cacay1 (39005)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That's nice in your place having a celebration like that Rock painting day.have a nice day and weather there. Ours here, remains extremely hot. I cannot find a human being walking this time.It's 11 in the morning here and sun rages.
I'm sorry it's so hot. We've been having rain, but thankfully, that's stopped. I'm still waiting for the sun to shine. I don't think it will today.
@cacay1 (39005)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him , our sun here always shines in extreme impact to people here. No one dares to stay for some minutes under the heat of the sun from 9 in the morning up to 4 in the afternoon afraid of heat stroke. People here always have with them bottled water.
@cacay1 That's good you do in that extreme heat.
Aw im sorry the projects arent to your liking this time. Bet they will be next time though.
I'm sure they will. I'll bring them home this week. They were still wet when I left. Who knows, maybe I'll like them better when I see them this week. Doubtful, but you never know.
@just4him fingers crossed you do. (:
@Courtlynn I'll know Thursday.
@Nevena83 (26681)
• Serbia
It was cold today. It's incredible how time changes for 24 hours.
Yes, it does. I'm sorry it was a cold day.
@Nevena83 (26681)
• Serbia
@just4him Today we had more sunshine and it was warmer.
@Nevena83 I'm glad you did.
@dya80dya (15366)
I had a sad Thursday. Weather was ok here. Not too bad.
I'm sorry you had a sad Thursday.
@dya80dya (15366)
@just4him Now I am feeling better. Life is hard to accept sometimes. But everything is temporary.
@dya80dya Yes, it is. I'm glad you're feeling better.
Our weather has been lovely for the past few days. I know the rain will come, but it is sure nice to enjoy friendly weather.
I thought for sure you had gotten rain overnight when I saw the system rush through this morning that completely missed us, which amazed me. I'm glad it's been good by you.
@just4him Absolutely lovely today. Tomorrow the rains come and several days after that.
@Corbin5 We'll have it tomorrow, but the weekend is looking good for us. I'm sorry you're having a rainy weekend.
@RubyHawk (31788)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We're on Friday. Sounds nice and cool at your place. Yesterday our heat broke all records. The hottest day recorded for this time of year. I wasn't sure if that was our area or all of Georgia.
I read your post about it. We've got a gorgeous day here. Supposed to climb to 82. Not usually a fan of heat or temps over 75, but the breeze makes it beautiful.