BAM!!!

That is what the thunder and lightning said at around 11 last night. It sounded as if it was right inside my room. I fell asleep after that. Hubby said it kept on for a few hours. Everything is wet out doors. I got out of bed before 6 this morning. Mostly I have just been online so far. In a half hour some of us ladies from the community are going to meet for coffee. We started doing that on Wednesdays. While I am downtown I will take care of putting my mail on hold for vacation.I will take out some recycling as well. Today for lunch we will have butternut squash soup, and maybe some little sandwiches. I will be back soon, that is for sure. It is cool here, along with the moisture.
@didinedhia (7584)
• Algeria
Oooh it must be scary
Sometimes it is.
• Algeria
I heard the thunder during the night and it poured, it was pleasant and it cooled down the air.
It makes for good sleeping weather.
@GardenGerty It is still pleasant to sleep during the night.
@LadyDuck Yes, we are still having pleasant weather as well.
@moonandstars (17068)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
We had some lightning after tonight's rain and, it wasn't so comfortable to fall asleep with it.
Does it worry you? I am not too worried if I am not outside in it.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@GardenGerty I'm not afraid of it but, it disturbs my eyes, even when they are closed. That's good.
@moonandstars I can see where it might be a problem for some. I have a double layer of "black out" curtains on my windows.
As it has begun to heat up here, I miss the gray, rainy days. We actually got some thunder and lightning this year, but it never lasted long. Enjoy your coffee time and the rest of today!
@GardenGerty For us it was extremely pleasant for spring . . . it was nice and cool all the way to beginning of June. Perhaps I spoke too soon . . . it is a gray morning today (after a few days of over 100!). Glad you had a nice time!
@much2say We broke a 70 year rainfall record in May. We have just a little rain at night lately.
@GardenGerty I know there's been a lot of rain out that way! Our gray mornings are back again . . . hope it stays this way!
@PainsOnSlate (21979)
Its raining again here in Ontario, I 'm sick of rain...but we did have a few warm dry days last week. I go to the Y every day for exercise and I paint at home. I will be painting all afternoon down in my studio ( the basement) I can't see or hear the rain... just my books on CD's.
That sounds like a lovely set up. I do not seem to hear it much at night, though hubby does. Funny, cause he is the one with hearing difficulties.
@GardenGerty The only thing that will wake me up during the night is lightning..
we haven't had a good tstorm here in awhile.rain but no boom.
I had a neighbor that said the lightening increased the oxygen in the air. Not sure on that but I can sure feel the weather as it changes.
@GardenGerty i can too.something or another starts hurting..
It is what I call perfect weather here in CT. Warm and sunny with cool nights.
It was sunny most of today and I really enjoyed it. Temperatures are more like what I would expect in Michigan, a bit cool for Kansas, but very nice.
Your soup sounds yummy.
It is so easy to do as the grocery sells it already peeled and seeded and cut. I also like to oven roast it from time to time.
We had rain today too, after many days of sunshine. We needed the rain.
Yes, it was time for some rain here as well.
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope you have a great time out today.
I ended up being out more than I planned and got nothing done at home.
@FourWalls (19544)
I enjoy the sounds of rain and a gentle thunderstorm (NOT one where the pictures rattle off the wall). In fact, I have a loop of rain playing for my “white noise” as I sleep.
I have several older nature sound cd's and one of them is a thunderstorm.