Keep the chain inside: That was an advice for me

@Sreekala (31561)
How are you all? Yesterday morning I went to my elder son’s school, to collect the certificates, along with him. On the way, a lady she was coming opposite, stopped near to me and said something. I did not understand. She repeated, ‘keep the chain inside’ (she said in Hindi), ‘this area is prone to chain snatchers’. I noticed my chain, which is very small, visible clearly. Oh, she meant that. I quickly said to that lady ‘Ok, ok thank you’. I heard so many stories of chain snatching, and many of friends are not wearing gold chains any more, of course, after become the victims. It is a dangerous activity, as the person try to protect her chain (it is natural reaction by any one) it may cause physical damages to the victim. Do you like to wear gold ornaments, if yes, then how you take precautions while travelling?
@tech40 (14838)
I don't like to wear any chain over my body, I've seen a lot of videos about snatching chains over the body and it's totally risky especially if you're wearing it as your earrings. So I always tell to my mother to don't to wear gold chain when she go to the mall
@Sreekala (31561)
There were incidents, snatchers cut the ear for the gold, what a horrible thing to do. It is better to safe than sorry.
@tech40 (14838)
@Sreekala Yeah that is correct, and it's so very scary! There are even times that someone snatches it from the ears!
@Sreekala (31561)
@tech40 You are right, some are wearing thick chain which is not easy to break, in that case it may lead to get wounds around neck.
In some areas it is not safe to wear jewelry.
@Sreekala (31561)
In this place, it is not safe at all.
@Sreekala That's sad.
I don't wear it in public as much as possible.
@Sreekala (31561)
That is good for the safety.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
This is a common problem throughout the world I am afraid. I think everyone needs to be sensible when they are out and about. Some use knives to threaten the victim. We tend to dress down when we go to certain areas. I Hope you remain safe and never experience this kind of thing.
@Sreekala (31561)
I agree it is a dangerous problem all over the world. People are ready to do anything for making money. I do wear only in a simple way. My chain is very small too and I try to cover my neck whenever I steps out.
@Sojourn (5192)
I have seen men wearing gold chains or bracelets but I wear none.
@Sreekala (31561)
For men, it won't be that much risky, I feel this way.
@Teekaaa (7890)
No! I don't like gold jewelries. I don't know the reason for it. I like to wear ornaments made of silver and platinum... !! But I don't wear any of these costly ornaments while I go out, because I can't have an eye on it everytime..lol I just prefer fashion jewelry . I wear gold jewellery only during family function.
@Sreekala (31561)
haha the younger generations have no interest on valuable ornaments. Good thing dear. I remember, in my childhood, wearing gold was a status symbol. It is a must for girls too. There was a belief, to see the girls with gold is prosperous. But this kind of believe is not existing any more. New generation least bothered to wear ornaments.
@Teekaaa (7890)
@Sreekala yeah..they prefer fashion and imitation jewellery more. But there are still people, who like to wear gold ornaments. Yeah. That's quite right. When they are young they wear all fashion jewelry but after marriage they wear gold ornaments too
@Sreekala (31561)
@Teekaaa After marriage, one has to wear, as a tradition.
@Nakitakona (4101)
Only dogs wear chains on their necks.
@Sreekala (31561)
What do you called when humans wear something around their neck then?
@Sreekala Collar
@Sreekala (31561)
@Nakitakona If it with gold then?
I do not wear gold ornaments anymore, too many try to steal what you are wearing and it is dangerous.
@Sreekala (31561)
Robbers have the habit of by watching people and when the situation is good they do their jobs.
@Sreekala I know, I have been attacked and robbed in the United States.
@Sreekala (31561)
@LadyDuck OMG, it is horrible dear.
@evans777 (479)
The whole point of wearing any ornament is for others to see so if it's to be kept inside then I think it's better to live it at home for your safety
@Sreekala (31561)
Yours is a valid point. But I am wearing a chain not for showing up, but as a custom, because the chain is not mandatory, the locket, which called "Thali" is mandatory for married women, I have to wear that and of course without a chain how can I hang it, so I prefer a small chain for hanging this precious thing.. However, I do agree, all wear ornaments for showing up and if it keep inside then it is better to keep at home. I don't have the habit of wearing ornaments for showing up. I wear lot of ornaments only in one day, that was my marriage day. Then I never wear any of my ornaments. All sold off without wearing it.
@evans777 (479)
@Sreekala I understand, so all married women are wear it according to your custom?
@Sreekala (31561)
@evans777 Yes, it is.
@didinedhia (6617)
• Algeria
It is risky
@Sreekala (31561)
Indeed.
• Algeria
@Sreekala (31561)
@moonandstars (16343)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I saw that only in Hindi movies but okay. No, I don't like wearing it and standing out.
@Sreekala (31561)
Vow do you watch Hindi movies, great to know.Then in some places people wear ornaments more than that of movies
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Sreekala That's probabbly true I did. I haven't in a while.
@Sreekala (31561)
@moonandstars So you understand Hindi?
@Porcospino (25170)
• Denmark
I have a gold necklace that used to belong to my grandmother. When I was travelling in Asia I took it off and left it at home. In my own country jewelry is hidden during the winter because I wear a t-shirt, a sweater and a coat, but when it is hot and I don't wear several layers of clothes I don't want my jewelry to be visible.
@Sreekala (31561)
I think winter season is the best season, because we are covering our body completely and no fear of seeing any ornaments at that time. In summer it is difficult, however, I try to cover my neck with my 'Duppatta'
@Porcospino (25170)
• Denmark
@Sreekala Yes, it much easier in the winter, Our weather is very cold, and we have to wear a lot of clothes in the winter months so necklaces are completely hidden. In the summer months I have to be more careful because I often wear a t-shirt and no jacket.
@Sreekala (31561)
@Porcospino We too have extreme winter and extreme summer here. Anyway I think cold months are not colder that much like yours.
I used to always wear a cross necklace, but the chain broke.
@Sreekala (31561)
How about your place? Is it safe to wear and travel outside without any fear?
@Sreekala nobody has ever tried to steal from me, but I know it's happened to other people.
@Sreekala (31561)
@TRBRocks420 Good and stay safe and happy.
@thelme55 (17922)
I only wear my gold jewelry when I am here in Germany but not when I am in the Philippines. I was once a victim of holdup there a few years ago. So, I am careful.
@Sreekala (31561)
Yes, if we are the victims then will be more careful than others. So Germany is safe to wear gold, am I right?
@thelme55 (17922)
@Sreekala I think yes. Maybe there are thieves in the big cities but not here, I suppose. Thieves are not doing "small businesses" like snatching necklace or so in the street.
@Sreekala (31561)
@thelme55 Good dear. May be you are right, they (Thieves) are interested on big gains.
@akp100 (13469)
That's bad. Better to stay caution. Surely they can physical damage to the victim, though I never experience or seen but yes I have heard lot.
@Sreekala (31561)
Many of friends experienced it so I know how scary the incident.
Even wearing artificial jewellery is dangerous as they kill people to grab those things
@Sreekala (31561)
But they are smart dear, they knew clearly which is artificial and which is original.
@ShifaLk (12852)
Oh. That's so good of her to aware you My place is safe so far.. Atleast what I know.. That's other thing that I don't wear a Gold chain
@Sreekala (31561)
haha I have never seen any chain on your neck so you are safe dear.
@ShifaLk (12852)
@Sreekala hehehe... I don't have one. Lolz...
@Sreekala (31561)
I love wearing my jewelry, but usually go to safe areas. We can't be too careful these days.
@Sreekala (31561)
I agree, at times we are not careful that much and do not think about the jewelry. There are so many things we have to care and attend.
@Sreekala Exactly!
@Sreekala (31561)
@parpande (1071)
• Bangalore, India
@Sreekala Did you understand her hindi?? Also my wife visited Delhi for 3 days , she was in South Delhi and was speaking to me on her phone it was that moment she screamed as she just became a victim. To my knowledge some Sarojni market was the place . I feel safe for her in Bangalore and avoid to visit Delhi ...
@Sreekala (31561)
Yes I understood her hindi, first it was not clear so I could not guess what she said. My goodness! It happened to your wife? Saronji market is a famous busy market, which is near to my office (not so close but somewhat). We used to visit there when our children were small. It is a good market for cloths especially for children. It is a big market and crowded one too. So one has to be very careful while shopping there.
@parpande (1071)
• Bangalore, India
@Sreekala Indeed yes. I remember that moment while I was on the phone and heard my wife ... be careful.
@Sreekala (31561)
@parpande I will, thank you.
@Starkinds (610)
I love to wear light ornaments at home but mostly avoid to wear outside
@Sreekala (31561)
Good dear. I always wear light ornaments, I don't like to wear heavily.
@Sreekala me too