Snail Attack

Picture is from Pixabay
@simone10 (30828)
I started out with no snails in my aquarium until I started buying plants. I figured I would eventually get some which didn't bother me. Now, I have an explosion of snails. They are small but there are a lot of them. I don't mind because they help keep my tank clean and algae free. But I do have to weed some out though which I will do when I clean it today. I also have to fill up my smaller tank so that I can move my male guppies. They have been harassing my females and my older female stays hid all the time. She's a little more fragile and I worry about her. I have enough babies for now so off the guys go to a new place. As soon as the cloudiness from the meds are gone and I rearrange a few things, I will take a picture of my aquarium. I'm trying to find a recipe online for fudge. It's hard to find an easy one using sugar and not condensed milk or marshmallow cream. I just have to keep looking. I did have a really easy one about 5 years ago that was almost foolproof but I can't find it.
Males are males be they human or guppies.
• Redlands, California
Amen All are rat beep holes too.
@simone10 (30828)
that is so true!
• Peoria, Arizona
I love snails and I love watching the little algae suckers clean tanks. I don't know if I will ever keep an aquarium, but I appreciate people who do haha
@simone10 (30828)
They do a really good job of keeping the tank clean.
I want to see it so I will be waiting.
@simone10 (30828)
It's going to take a while because I haven't felt like moving plants around.
@simone10 I know how you feel. I don't want to make my bed and I need to review a comforter set that just walked in the door.
@simone10 (30828)
@sharon6345 I think the part about fibro I hate the worst is having no energy
you raise guppies? AWESOME so do I, I have like 300 fry right now in a mons time I got snails the same way by buying plants & got swamped with them but I'm thinning them out what kind of guppies do you raise? I raise a verity of guppies maybe we can chat together on this subject you be the 1st I seen on here that raise's guppies.
@simone10 (30828)
I just started back in May. I don't have that many fish. I'm trying to save up for another aquarium. I have 6 guppies and about 20 fry. I would have had more but my plants were new and they didn't a lot of places to hide. I'm doing for pleasure but have thought about selling. What about you? So fat, I only gave mutts. I want to make sure I know what I am doing before buying the expensive ones. I would love to chat with you.
@simone10 I have mutts & they are awesome, they have been throwing me some AWESOME guppies I got started in Oct of last year & I LOVE it.
@simone10 (30828)
@hardtimes1958 I love it too! How many aquariums do you have? I'm in a predicament right now. I have one little mama guppy that is not doing well. For some reason, some of them were picking on her and I could tell it was stressing her out. The other day, I noticed she wouldn't or couldn't swim. She swims maybe a fourth of an inch from the bottom. I moved her in a 5 gallon by herself. I feel like she is dying but she is trying so hard to live. It breaks my heart. I don't know if she is in pain. I bought some clove oil just in case because I read about it online. But with her fighting so hard, I just don't know what to do.
Poor little female guppy I hope she is safe. Here is an old fashioned brown sugar fudge recipes, I do not know if it's what you are searching for, I do not make fudge.
https://www.redpathsugar.com/recipe/old-fashioned-brown-sugar-fudge
@simone10 (30828)
She is not doing well this morning. I moved her to the smaller tank but I don't think she will last the day. Thank you for the recipe! It sounds really good!
@simone10 I am so sorry for your guppy, what happened to her?
@simone10 (30828)
@LadyDuck I don't know. I don't know if she is injured or just getting old. She is still hanging on. She sees me and tries to swim to me but can't. It brings tears to my eyes every time. I don't want to see her suffer. Supposedly, clove oil puts them to sleep. If you put a little more in, they die with no pain. I don't have any. I need to buy some to have on hand. This poor little girl wants to live so bad.
Fudge sounds good. I hope you manage to find a recipe that suits you.
@simone10 (30828)
It really does, doesn't it? Anna found a recipe that sounds really good.
@simone10 So have you made any yet?
@simone10 (30828)
@JudyEv I'm making some this weekend.
I hope you find the recipe for fudge. I don't know if you can make it without marshmallow cream.
@simone10 (30828)
When I was growing up, the only way to make fudge was with sugar. But you also took the chance of it not setting right. If that happened, you had to eat it with a spoon...lol
@simone10 I remember when Mom made fudge and it had to be eaten with a spoon because it didn't set right. I think it had to do with it cooking long enough and testing it and all that. Mom had a candy thermometer to help with it.
@simone10 (30828)
@just4him we never had a thermometer. We used the soft ball stage which is not foolproof.
@simone10 They sound like bullies. Good that you separated them. I hope you find the right recipe.
@simone10 (30828)
They aren't really bullies, just part of their mating ritual.
@simone10 ok and thanks.
@simone10 (30828)
@Hannihar you are very welcome
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
They say it's mucous, excellent for the skin.
@simone10 (30828)
What? Snails? Ewww!!
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
@simone10 YesHere, in some lounges, treatments are made where they let the snail walk around in the face.
@simone10 (30828)
@Nevena83 that's just gross to me!
@bunnybon7 (41414)
• Holiday, Florida
good luck with your aquarium . We also used to make home made fudge but I don't think this daughter ever learned how. now I wish I had some.
@simone10 (30828)
Lol, I'm sorry but it does sound good, doesn't it?
@bunnybon7 (41414)
• Holiday, Florida
@acelawrites (16619)
Snails reproduce quickly; so they eat all your plants in the aquarium?
@JustBhem (56143)
• Davao, Philippines
I hope you could find a remedy for those snails.
@simone10 (30828)
I hope I can too.
@crossbones27 (26007)
• Redlands, California
How neat, sounds like quite the process you got going on there. You make it sound fun and really enjoyable though. Nice job.
@simone10 (30828)
I enjoy it although it is hard work.
Glad those male guppies will be placed in a tank of their own. They sure are making life miserable for the females. I hope you find the recipe you need for fudge.
@simone10 (30828)
They really do harass them. I have one female who will go right back at them and chase them away. She's very spunky.
@CarolDM (32754)
I had an aquarium years ago but got rid of it. It was too much work. But enjoy your!
@simone10 (30828)
It is a lot of hard work but I enjoy it.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh the snails..love them
@simone10 (30828)
Yeah, and they are good to have in an aquarium but the multiply so fast.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@simone10 Do they? I did not know that
@simone10 (30828)
@TiarasOceanView yes they do. Some of them can reproduce without a mate.