CURFEW in the CITY: It sounds ALARMING!?!

It has been days that I had seen this advisory in my neighbourhood. The local officials are trying to implement this curfew to younger generation aged 18 and below. Personally, I think it is effective for the sake of being safe. I am not sure with the others. When I was at this age, my biological parents strictly imposed to have a curfew and should go home not later than 6 PM. If it is not possible, my siblings and I need to call them if going to be late. "Did you experience curfew in your house?" "Do you have a curfew in your house?" Image Credit: Shavkat
@rsa101 (20232)
Well no curfew for me back then since I seldom go out late at nights back then. Anyway with the prevalence of crimes at night I think it needs to be implemented so we can easily monitor criminals without endangering any minors loitering around at night.
I totally agree with you. I think my city is not that risky as compared to other big cities in our country. But then, it still needs to monitor the kiddies, especially those who are addicted to computer games.
@cacay1 (42607)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rsa101, Mindanao is on curfew adults at 10 minor before 9. This is so because some schools like in the school where I am teaching, classes end at 9 . Some students rent in a condo fronting the university, others in dorm at the back of the campus, others ask for an excuse. I had students who live outside the city, so I gave a short quiz every meeting before the class starts and announced activities for the next meeting so those who commute far from the city will be allowed to go home at 8:25. The class starts 6 in the evening. Once a week meeting.
@rsa101 (20232)
@Shavkat Yes I think minors should not be allowed to be outside at those times when they should be at home resting or either studying for school already.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
My sons are way to old for a curfew but when I was growing up I definitely had a curfew. As my sons were growing up they had a curfew also and they knew not to be out past it unless they called and had a real good reason why they couldn't make it home on time.
@cacay1 (42607)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@velvet53 , children this time are so different from children in the past. Technology might have played the many changes of lives and world.
I do think young ones need to be responsible to have this curfew in the house. For me, there is no feeling of sentiment about it. Of course, I have rebellious things at that time. But I need to follow the rules. Now, I realized that there is really a reason why parents do this.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
ga@cacay1 I think it has. Kids now has to be on the cellphone or playing games on the internet. What happened to kids getting exercise and playing sports.
@db20747 (20790)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I had a curfew! And broke it a few times!! Here the kids hang out so late until 3 am!! They had to put a curfew!! They're out all night on a school night!!! Not safe!!
Oh, my. It seems that kids are so active there at night. Does the local government implement curfew to them there?
@db20747 (20790)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@Shavkat yes, they had to put on a curfew!!
@db20747 (20790)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@cacay1 yes, many years ago, kids had to be in by dark!! Had to do homework!! Chores and more!!
• Peoria, Arizona
We have always had a curfew here. anyone under 16 the curfew is 10pm to 5am and 16-18 have midnight to 5am. It was never really told to us in schools or by our parents, we all just some how knew to not be out so late. Or if we were going to be out late, don't do anything stupid to get caught haha
@cacay1 (42607)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
The entire region of Mindanao, we are under curfew. Cagayan de Oro city is part of Region X in Mindanao, I have to be at home before 8 in the evening.
During my days, the local government never had this rule in the city. It is only the parents need to impose to their kiddies. I can relate to that. Some of my friends escape their houses to hang out. But they should never do stupid things and be caught off guard.
@Deepizzaguy (19578)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
When I was a child my late parents did not have any curfew laws. However I did not go that much without their supervision.
@cacay1 (42607)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Deepizzaguy , parents also be at peace if see or know their children young and not already at home, if not home, they will be restless and many negative thinking strikes upon them.
I think most young ones are not always going outside as compared these days. I also asked permission of ever going out and be late. My parents wanted us to know that they do not want to be worried.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
I had a curfew but it was pretty close to what the law allowed here.
I think that is a good thing to implement. I am sure that young ones will need to follow there.
@sophie09 (8485)
yes i'm 20 now and we do have a curfew in my house. me and my sis whose age is 22 should be home at least at 9.30pm
@cacay1 (42607)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sophie09 , it seems curfew helps people minimize crimes. We are safe if inside home at early evening. I am not happy with my teaching loads this time. I have two subjects that end at 7:30 in the evening. I do not like to be outside home before 7 in the evening. There is always heavy traffic in the city, so most probably, I will arrive home 8:45.
I think you need to abide it, right? What if you didn't follow it? It means you are grounded.
@sophie09 (8485)
@Shavkat i dont think i'll be grounded if i didnt follow it, my mom would be just angry
@Janet357 (19177)
when i was in college yes, my father was so.strict.
Did you feel miffed about it before?
@Janet357 (19177)
@Shavkat not at all
My kids always worked after school and were tired after work so they came right home after work.
@cacay1 (42607)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jstory07, me too, after work, I go straight home. There is no place like home.
When I was a kid, I wanted to work while studying. But it is not allowed here. I think they are so responsible and tend to go home right away.
@thelme55 (19463)
No, there was no curfew at home. Anyway, I was and still is a homebody. I seldom go out at night time.
I am also a homebody person. When I went to university, that's the time that I need to break free from being an introvert.
Yeah, it's good for them not to hang out at night. You never know when criminality will happen.
It seems that parents need not think it is less better with this concern. I agree with you.
@acelawrites (16619)
Nowadays it is better for young people to be at home to be safe.
I agree. It seems that most young kids are so addicted to computer games and always in the computer shop.
@flapiz (9552)
Same curfew as you when I was younger. I remember getting heavily scolded by my dad for being 5 minutes late.
It seems that your father is really strict. I think most fathers are like this to their daughters.
@flapiz (9552)
@Shavkat Yeah sometimes in an unreasonable way.
@flapiz I can relate to that. I had seen it with my younger sister before
@moonandstars (19184)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
There is a sign showing working hours so, no curfew.
How about for minor kids?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Shavkat They have parents, I hope, telling them when to come home and, it's at 10 pm, not 9 pm. In big times, we don't have officials so, minors stick outside even longer. Some things can't be forced, I guess. It's surprising how officials there care for this thing; was it always like this?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Shavkat Well, it does depends of the parents and society in whole. I didn't know that; that's some useful informations
We've never had curfews here, at least not as far as I know. I think sometimes they are very necessary.
It is nice that there are no curfews. I do believe there are police patrols at night, right?
@Shavkat Yes, in the cities there are always police in some parts.
@JudyEv In my country, the big cities only have police patrols. In provinces, the local officials usually walk around the neighbourhood at a particular time only.
@Nakitakona (8499)
Before when we're kids we never thought it's as a curfew. What we had in mind is that out-of-this world people are out during night time. They're roaming around to catch any children they see around and brung them to their world. So we better go home before night falls.
I do think that most parents tend to be protective. If not, their offsprings will be in danger.
@Shavkat That's a good observation. Some parents are happy go lucky. They don't care for the future of their children.
@Nakitakona I had seen some parents who are like this. I feel bad about their children's poor condition.
I had to be home by dinner time and then do my homework. It was different when I was old enough to date.
I must admit that I am a late bloomer and the same situation with my siblings. My biological parents have this simple requirement that we can't have a relationship.
@Shavkat Times have certainly changed since I was a child. Kids seem a lot different these days.
@DianneN I totally agree with you. Some kiddies are monsters nowadays.
@Sojourn (5910)
Unofficial mandate was enforced by my late Grandpa, but now there is no curfew.
Perhaps you can continue this. Is this possible?
@Sojourn (5910)
@Shavkat Actually there are no one below 18 years now.
@Sojourn I got it. We can just give advice to them.
I don't think we had a strict curfew growing up, but we did need to be in the house when the streetlights came on.
I think it is safest before than today.
@Shavkat I think so too.
There is nothing like this here, but this is a safe country.
I do think that it safe in your country.
@Shavkat Yes, this is correct, it's safe in our country.