Working On Sprinkler System At 10:30 pm

@velvet53 (19578)
Palisade, Colorado
I know I am crazy but I want my lawn to look good. I do call maintenance but unless they came out late at night when the sprinklers come on then they don't know what is going on. I was lucky enough to learn how to work on them and that is what I did tonight. I think I have them adjusted so they will water all of the yard. It is kind of hard to really see everything as it is pretty dark out there. Oh yes, I came in soaked but it was worth it. Al of my lawn will now have water now.
you couldn't wait till morn to do it? or did it B-4 dark? I don't have a yard to be watered it get's gods water he provides for us.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
No because then I wouldn't be able to see where the water was going because the sprinklers are not on until night time.
@velvet53 OH o.k well that makes sense, even though you got wet I bet you stayed cooled.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
@hardtimes1958 I sure did because it was already cool out there. I came in and took my shoes and socks off real fast. The name for the post is Bulaklak
You learned something that saved you a fee. That is my kind of learning.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
I grew up a tom boy so I learned many things over the years. Our maintenance man is not the sharpest person in the world. Don't get me wrong he is a sweetheart but lacking knowledge in many ways. I always liked to learn about different things so that is how I knew what to do.
@velvet53 That is good my sister grew up that way and she is still a tom boy.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sharon6345 I am still one too. I know some women that were tom boys when they were younger but they aren't now.
I had to turn off the automatic sprinkles, it's dry and we can only water the vegetables and the flowers, not the lawn.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
That is sad. They didn't have our sprinklers running for over a week. I have a hose and I kept my little yard area watered. So many people around here doesn't care about how things look.
@velvet53 The lawn is green even if I do not water it, but the veggies need to be watered every evening.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
@LadyDuck You are lucky. We have to water or the lawn will die.
glad ya were able to tackle such, hon. i used to've soaker hoses 'round the perimeter plantin' here. seems the hubs oops'n mowed 'em?? some years back. ne'er told me 'bout 't, 's per the norm. i've a monster homemade sprinkler that'll water 1/4 acre, lol. comes'n handy durin' holidays'n fireworks. i love a nice yard, but these days 'tis concentrate'n keepin' the trees 'live 'n the rest's sort'a left to 'ts own.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
That is one giant sprinkler. I can see where it is handy at fireworks time. I would want to keep thetrees alive over grass. Makes good sense to me.
@velvet53 yes ma'am, used to've 8 'f 'em. the hubs said they got broken?? dunno how coz they'd be made 'f welded steel.... gotta keep those trees livin'. ya know, coz if'n they die the county don't bother removin' 'em from my property value. replace jest one though'n they see $$ 'n add e'en more to my taxes. crooks... prolly a good thingy they can't see 'nto my lil sanctuary coz i'm purty certain such'd be padded, er, um, added 's well.
@velvet53 'nly thingy i can think 'f 'd be he left those out'n the big pasture 'fore the cows got sold? they could'a rough-housed 'em 'n broken the actual sprinkler part? yer correct, such'll 'lways be a mystery 's he confesses to nothin', e'en if'n ya've got proof. i kinda get tickled when folks see 't fer the first time (my lil sanctuary). they'd be'n awe 'n sayin' they'd ne'er guessed such 'xisted, lol.
@sophie09 (8485)
thats good to hear
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
It wasa wee bit cold as I got soaked
@sophie09 (8485)
@velvet53 drink a cup oh hot tea
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sophie09 I didn't get this reply about the tea but I had a cup of hot chocolate.
That's great you got the lawn sprinkler system taken care of.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
It was easier than calling the office and they would put a work order in. Then it is a matter of waiting for them to show up.
@velvet53 Yes, it would be easier.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
@just4him There is one sprinkler head they will need to change. I put a work order in for it. It isn't one of the main ones to my yard.
That's good that you able to work on the sprinklers yourself. I hope you've adjusted them correctly so that your lawn gets watered.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
I think I got them set right. Well I hope so. I was so wet when I got done but it was fun. I don;t have a big lawn but I awnt it to look nice.
@velvet53 It's nice to have a good-looking lawn. I'd be wanting the same.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
@JudyEv It sure is. The last place I lived had no grass at all. So I was so happy when I got this place. My granddaughter has grass to play on and I have a pretty yard. The grass is brown at the 4 plex south of me. They didn't have the sprinklers on for a long time and a lot of the yards shows it.
@sol_cee (19683)
• Fiji
Were the neighbors watching? ;)
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
None that I know of.
@PainsOnSlate (22101)
Good for you for figuring it out. I bet you enjoyed that water on a hot night too.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thank you. The water was a little chilly but it did feel good.
So great that you fixed those sprinklers. You will have a lovely lawn!
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks Deborah. I sure hope it stays green.
Yay! I am glad you did it yourself. Sometimes waiting on a man is just to much wasted time.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
Lol Yes it is. Our maintenance man finally figured out that I know more than him. It is funny when he comes to work on something and can't figure it out then I step in and tell him what needs to be done.