Saturday Morning on the Deck

Good morning MyLot friends. I sat out to have my cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal this morning. I was joined by Al and Jack. It was in the 50s overnight and it is going to be a high of 80 today. A perfect late summer day. I saw a cardinal in the tree at the back of my yard. I swear the birds tease Brie and Roscoe, they swoop down near the deck and just tweet at them. It is funny to watch. It feels like fall today, it is only a few weeks away. I am ready for this summer to end. I have a list of supplies that Jack needs to start school and I am going to take Josh out to look for new pants for school. Kasey doesn't leave the hospital enough to be able to get these tasks done. She needs to start going into her office a few days next week, given everything that is going on, she wants to make sure that her job is not in jeopardy. Tomorrow is Als birthday, I am not sure what we are going to do, maybe we will go out to eat steak which he loves. I have a fridge full of leftovers so I hate to add anything else to it. People have been very generous with the meals this week and we are quite overwhelmed. It touches my heart that is for sure. If you are praying for John, keep up the prayers, we need a miracle.
@myklj999 (30132)
• Olney, Illinois
Dropped to low 60's here last night, it was 62 when I got up around 3 AM...great sleeping weather...if Scar would let me sleep
lol I feel your pain, I was sleeping with my 7-year-old grandson and Roscoe who sleeps under the blanket plastered against my body, My poor hubs has been banished to the guest room. lol Where he can get a good night's sleep!!
Good morning .Sounds like your day is off to a good start there.
Anytime I can have a cup of coffee and enjoy the weather is a good day!! lol
I'm still praying that John will soon be good as new. With all that food you have you could invite some of your grandsons friends over to have dinner with him, he's probably missing being around his buddies.
All the food goes home to the other three boys Alex, Chris and Josh who are holding down the home fort. Chris has a good appetite!! Kasey actually stopped by and took some of the overflow that I had at my house home to the other boys. She also took Jack so that me and her father have a little break. She needed to go home to take a shower and change her clothes and catch up with the boys. Keep the prayers coming, we are seeing very small improvements but he is down to 123 pounds. He was about 160 when he got sick.
OMG, I will pray that he doesn't lose too much more weight @BelleStarr I pray he will recover soon and put some of that weight back on. He wasn't overweight before this was he?
@rebelann No he has never been heavy, just athletic.
I’m still praying and belated birthday greetings to Al. You are a blessing for Kasey at this time.
I wish I could help more but at least I did take Josh to Old Navy for his pants and then I took the boys and Al out for lunch at Red Heat at Evergreen Walk. I found a couple of cute sundresses for Kasey at Old Navy, her birthday is the 18th and her and John's anniversary is the 17th. 22 years.
@BelleStarr You are doing so much. This seems to be an extra big month for you with all the birthdays and the anniversary included.
sounds a most beautiful morn, hon sounds's though yer gonna be quite busy, gettin' those young'uns outfitted fer the new school year. personally? i dread autumn's 'rrival 's such turns to winter too swiftly. those shorter daylight hours wear'n me, i'd rather the heat. i sure feel fer all 's ya go through this most tryin' time. all the not knowin' 'n hiccups 'long this bumpy, pot-hole filled road. with there 'twas more'n me jest keepin' all close 't heart. i hope ms. kasey 'tis able to concentrate 't work, though see the need fer not riskin' employment down the road. happiest 'f birthday wishes to mr. al! goin' out fer his favorite meals sounds a wonderful plan. yer so fortunate to've so many who continue to make the 'fforts to know y'all 're loved. we're all sure pullin' fer that miracle, hon ~
Kasey picked up Jack so we went away for the night since I had a free hotel night I had to use. We went to Sturbridge Mass and ate dinner at the Publick House, I had lamb and Al has pot roast, it was delicious. We went back to the room at 7 pm and fell asleep for two hours lol
@BelleStarr aw, i'm so glad y'all got that lil get'way! no doubt 'twas much needed. 's well 's that nap, lol.
I am praying for that miracle. Nice picture of Jack. Happy Birthday to Al. I'm glad you're having a nice weekend.
Thank you on all counts.
@BelleStarr You're welcome.
Wishing Al a very Happy Birthday. So glad you will get what Jack and Josh need for school. Prayers for John will keep coming his way.
Thank you for the prayers, they are what keep us going.
@BelleStarr Will continue the prayers, my friend.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
I pray John will come through this. Happy birthday to Al. Lovely photo Isobel
Thank you, it is hard to take a bad photo of Jack lol
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
@BelleStarr He is adorable
It was cold two days ago, today is not hot but humid and unpleasant. I am so sorry to know that John has not recovered a lot.
No, at best this is an illness that will have a very slow recovery at worse it will kill him. We are hopeful that it is the former.
@BelleStarr This is scary, I hope he can have even a little recovery.
@PatZAnthony (13910)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is so terrible to have anyone in the family not be well. The stress is so much for everyone to deal with and hopefully all will be back to normal (what is that besides a choice on my washing machine) soon.
Thank you, yes, everyone is off because of this illness.
@Elizaby (5099)
• Pensacola, Florida
Still praying and see from other responses you did something special for Als birthday in spite of all that is going on.
It was as if everything fell into place to allow us to get away for the night
I will pray for him.
Thanks, Marie, all prayers are gratefully received.
I am praying for John, and for continued strength for the family as well as the doctors and care givers. I won't stop until I get the 'all clear' from you. I am sure that whatever you choose to do tomorrow your hubby will be happy, as I would imagine that it will involve family, and that is as good as it gets for most of us, and I'm assuming him as well. I hope that he has a very happy birthday. And can Jack get any cuter then he is in this picture?
Actually, we went away overnight just the two of us, I had a free night that I needed to use. We had a lovely dinner and then came back here today. Tomorrow my schedule starts again, drive Brandon to school, pick him up, take Josh for his senior pictures, drop him back home and pick up Jack. I may get a chance to take Josh for school pants somewhere in there or Jack for his school supply list. Just another day in the life of Iz lol
I will pray for John. Jack looks like a cutie.
Thank you, he is a cutie. Thank you so much for the prayers.
@CarolDM (36437)
What a great morning. I love the temperatures and the birds you mentioned. Good thoughts for John. And Happy Birthday to Al.
Thank you, yes it was a glorious morning.
Wow that is cold! I am glad you are there to help them with the children, May good bless him and give him a fast recovery.
Thanks Andria, unless it is a miracle it will at best be a slow recovery but we still have hope.
Have a great family day and weekend.
Thanks, John, we did have a nice night away.
@yanzalong (15131)
Have a good time.
Thank you, we did.
@Starkinds (8137)
Wish you happy birthday to him and the picture also good
Thank you I will.