Time on my Hands

Well, our ice princess flew home from summer camp on Sunday and left for Boston with friends and a couple of mothers yesterday for the week. Our older son leaves for London tomorrow and will miss the homecoming from summer camp of our grandson, but will fly to Minnesota with him for goalie camp when he returns. My husband and I are going to Boston for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This morning I hit the gym. Later today I have an appointment to volunteer at the library to read to some adorable preschoolers. I’m not one for sitting around the house watching TV during the day. I’m out and about when I have time on my hands. For now I will myLot, then do a little retail therapy before heading to the library. What keeps you busy during the day?
I have fun online, I take care of the garden, I walk, I go out to chat with some friends. I never sit in front of TV. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband Dianne.
That’s great! The only sitting we do is on myLot. Thank you! I’m looking forward to celebrating. I also have an appointment to turn in my handbag for a new one.
@DianneN I remember your post about the handbag, that will be an extra as anniversary gift. I only sit when I myLot and when I eat.
@LadyDuck Yes, the person I spoke to notified the store when I will be there. All I have to do is ask for the manager. The store is steps from our hotel. Of course eating, too!
@LindaOHio (8499)
Happy Anniversary this weekend! Hope you enjoy yourselves. So much going on in your family. I'm on the computer most of the day. Occasionally I have a doctor's appointment. Yesterday I got out to get my second shingles shot and do a little food shopping.
Thank you! Glad you got your shot and food shopping done. I hope you don’t react as badly as I did.
@LindaOHio (8499)
@DianneN Nope. My arm is a little sore...that's all.
I haven't been busy lately. I go to the gym and then have to find things to do to occupy my time.
School will keep you busy! Will your father still work out with you then?
@DianneN Yes he will. He retired in May.
@NJChicaa Awesome!
Your family is doing so many comings and goings, isn't your head spinning?
Yes, it is spinning!
@HazySue (31243)
She is such a pretty, bright looking girl. Early Happy Anniversary wishes. Have a wonderful weekend celebrating.
Aww, thank you! She’s a ball of fire and very bright. Thank you for the anniversary wishes.
I am online alot! Probably too much! However, part of the time I have to be..so it works out I guess.
If it works well, don’t knock it!
• Lenox, Georgia
I hope you have a lovely day! =) My 5 little blessings keep me pretty busy.
Thank you! I’m sure of that!
@kobesbuddy (79179)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What a beautiful father/daughter photo, I love it.Your grandson is so excited about being a goalie,that's great! Watching television, it would kill me:( Television isn't something I've ever liked, even as a child. I'm glad you're volunteering at the library, children need to read books and hear good stories!
@kobesbuddy (79179)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh NO! I almost forgot, *HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, DIANNE!'
Many thanks! I read again today. It’s such a joy! Some are starting kindergarten, so I brought them little school gifts and surprises for the other kids.
@kobesbuddy (79179)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN This is wonderful, what you're doing to help mold these little lives:) It's so rewarding! Working with children was the highlight of my life! Maybe I should get back to subbing, a couple days a month
@infatuatedbby (103022)
Aww Happy Anniversary to you both. I am loving your granddaughters hair! Do the kids start school soon? I’m spending time/babysitting my niece and nephew right now. We will be going to the library today and the playground.
Thank you! They don’t begin school until after Labor Day I believe. Have a wonderful time with the kids! How old are they now?
@DianneN You’re welcome. they are 2 and 5 the kids start school end of August. I do remember it being after Labor Day , have a good day ahead
@infatuatedbby Oh, they are little cuties! Wishing them a wonderful school year. Same to you!
• Agra, India
She is so pretty. I love the hair color. Happy anniversary in advance
Many thanks! Good to see you!
• Agra, India
@DianneN same here..any special plans for anniversary
@amitkokiladitya Yes! Going away for a weekend of shopping and fine dining.
@Starkinds (8133)
Her smile is awesome. And happy anniversary.
Thank you! Her teeth are still coming in.
@Starkinds (8133)
@DianneN ohh what's why she is looking so cute
@Starkinds Thanks!
Happy early anniversary How many years ?
Thank you! Not nearly enough!
@DianneN I wish you many more.
@Tampa_girl7 Thank you!
@DianneN Mazal Tov on your wedding anniversary. How many years have you been married? I am from Minnesota. Did you know that? I got something yesterday that is a bicycle stepper. I will do a post on it but not now and take a picture. I also need to do a sign for Sophie for her birthday and see about taking a picture of her with a tiara on. How was the library?
Thank you! It enough years! Yes, I remember you told me you were from Minnesota. One sister-in-law is from Minnesota, too! The stepper sounds like fun and a good workout. Looking forward to those photos. The library was great, and I returned today for another group.
@DianneN Where is she from in Minnesota? I will put a picture here now of it. Thanks I will put a picture here. I did not do it as a jpeg so now it is and we will see.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
The usual, watching Youtube videos and myLot. Ice princess is pretty.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
Sounds good to me! Thank you!
I can't even imagine you spending the day watching TV. You're too busy for that. Reading to those little ones must be totally enjoyable. Happy Anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
I do watch TV at night with hubs when we’re home. It’s good to relax together. I read again today. Those kids appreciate books unlike my former students. Very sad. Thank you! I’m so excited, but still have to pack. Never fun.
@1hopefulman (43839)
Happy anniversary! A little of this and a little of that and the day is over!
Thank you! Yes, the time just flies!
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Your entire family doesn't bother with sitting around. Have fun with the kiddos.
No, we don’t sit much. lol Thank you!
@UncleJoe (14536)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
BECKY!
Of course!
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
Critters and more critters. Hope you had a good time today.
Wishing you and your husband a very Happy Anniversary!! I do not like being busy, but every day is too busy here for me. Something always pops up that needs doing. Oh well. Love that photo!!