Is it a bad sign?

photo credit pixabay
Is it a bad sign when you go to new user and all the posts are written by you? I would think perhaps so. I was trying to create some diversity. I was making 20 comments on others and then posting a discussion. I think I must have the ratio wrong. Perhaps I am spending too much intense time here right now! It's never the wrong time to clean up the house and take care of mundane chores. I should do that.
@Avijit100 (1520)
I comment selectively when I see that I have something good to tell or opine if its a subject matter of my interest.
@Starkinds (9013)
Same like me.
That seems like a very wise approach. No reason to comment if you have nothing to say.
@Starkinds (9013)
@Gillygirl (36074)
• Sutton, England
I do notice some new users are constantly posting. You do respond to other posts so I would not worry. Some newbies post without getting to know other mylotters
I am not terribly worried, just don't really know how it works and if it's something I will really enjoy. I kind of feel like I am not catching on to what I am supposed to do.
@Gillygirl (36074)
• Sutton, England
@Ghosthere2 You will get used to it
@Gillygirl Good to know I will simply keep on keeping on.
@JustBhem (60432)
• Davao, Philippines
Nope. It’s not.
@akalinus (28665)
I try to interact with as many people as possible. I only skip when I can't figure out what they are talking about or it is not interesting to me.
So perhaps I am just boring. I guess I can live with that.
@akalinus (28665)
@Ghosthere2 There are posts about the internal politics of some country, posts about sports that I don't care about, sometimes I have no idea what they are trying to say.
@akalinus I am often lost, and still I try and have a good time.
@pumpkinjam (6778)
There is no right or wrong way as long as we interact. Sometimes, I will comment on several discussions before I realise that they have all been by the same person. If there is a new user with a few interesting discussions, there is nothing wrong with commenting on them. Some people prefer to comment while others prefer to post discussions. The way that you do things seems reasonable to me. I would also rather do it that way. If I post a discussion, I'll try to respond to at least a few others.
Sometimes if feels like I am outside looking in. (Maybe that is better than being in the fishbowl!
@Ghosthere2 I've always been on the outside looking in. Wanting to be on the inside but then realising you don't like it when you're there! I think you can sometimes get a better perspective and a more balanced view/opinion from the outside sometimes.
I do the same thing is comment on other post & take time to write a post then I'm off here for a few hrs then come back answer the response's & other new post & go to other things I have going so I'm on & off through out the day.
I certainly couldn't sit here all day doing this.
@Ghosthere2 I have most the time.
@LindaOHio (8745)
I make comments on all the discussions of the people that I am following. I also go through all notifications.
Oh, well since I think only two people follow me I wouldn't have much to do. That explains a lot.
@LindaOHio (8745)
@Ghosthere2 It takes time to get a following.
@lovebuglena (12036)
• Staten Island, New York
If hardly any new users are posting and you are posting on a regular basis it would not be surprising that you show up in the new user list a lot.
@akalinus (28665)
I was a little puzzled when I saw you in the new user section. I thought you have been around for a while.
Same here. I was sometimes feeling ashamed to comment or respond to those who have many numbers. haha