Summertime Treats: We All Scream for ICE CREAM

@kareng (16154)
Picking back up with the summertime treats thread, it is time to highlight one of my favorites, Ice cream. I remember when I was a kid, it was a big thing to get the extended family together and make homemade ice cream. We would make a couple of batches in different flavors to appease all. This was always a fun event. Ice cream is a good snack on a hot summer day or a nice dessert. We tend to make it a dessert here just about all year long. My husband is almost addicted to ice cream and thinks we have to have it in the freezer at all times. The flavor that we both agree on and stock the most is Bryer's Vanilla Bean. It's rich, smooth and packed with flavor. My other favorites are cherry vanilla, salted caramel, and chocolate mint. What is your favorite brand and flavor of ice cream? Photo: Pixaby, public domain
@velvet53 (20839)
• Palisade, Colorado
I like vanilla then I add chocolate syrup to it mix it up and enjoy. I miss making homemade ice cream. It seems like it is going out of style.
@kareng (16154)
Or build a banana split or sundae. You are right about making homemade ice cream, but then again just about all family interactions are going by the wayside. All have been replaced with videos, smart phones, video games, etc.
@velvet53 (20839)
• Palisade, Colorado
@kareng A banana split and a sundae sounds wonderful. I know what you mean about the cell phones and such. There are many people missing out on a lot of fun.
@kareng (16154)
@velvet53 Yes, indeed. And letting life pass them by.
I am not that big on ice cream to be honest. However,I like salted caramel, cookies and cream, cookie dough ice cream, and just plain vanilla. I like Gelato's and Sherbert's a little better. I've also tried a mochi ice cream ball before and liked it. Oh, and I like peanut butter ice cream as a treat from time to time too. Oh, by the way, can you send me a private message with the bulk apothecary ref link? I've decided I'm going to make some wax melts for a friend's birthday instead of buying her something.
@kareng (16154)
We like several of the same flavors. I will be happy to but you will need to inbox me your email address.
@kareng (16154)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes, I know that but Bulk Aromatherapy needs your email addy to send discount email to.
@kareng Oh! Silly me, I didn't think of that. somecowgirl@aol.com
@arunima25 (23893)
• Bangalore, India
I like vanilla and strawberry. My absolute favorite is Butterscotch but it seems that this flavor is not available in many countries.
@kareng (16154)
Strawberry is another good one, especially if they have the strawberries in it and not just use flavoring.
@arunima25 (23893)
• Bangalore, India
@kareng Yes. I love it with fresh ones. I even tried litchi and jackfruit with fresh fruits in them and they were awesome
@kareng (16154)
@arunima25 Adding fresh fruit makes it all the more better.
'tis been some time since i've 'd any ice cream. couldn't e'en tell ya what brands 'd be out there. used to love "moose tracks". i recall those days 'f sittin' out'n the porch 'n all the young'uns taken turns crankin' 3 diff'rent ice cream machines, lol. 'twas most oft vanilla, chocolate 'n butter pecan.
@kareng (16154)
Those were the good old days. Best family interactions too. I like all of your favorites too.
@kareng yes ma'am :) families 're so scattered now, 'tis most diff'cult to get 'em together.
@kareng (16154)
@crazyhorseladycx True. And some wouldn't even bother.
i like strawberry best. i don't eat it often as it gets me sick. but when i do eat it, the strawberry in neoploitan best.
@kareng (16154)
16h
Yum.
16h
@kareng it is yummy bit I think I would like he mint chocolate you mentioned/ but can't say for sure as I never tasted it. does it taste like the Thin Mints girl scout cookies? if so, then I like that flavor more than strawberry
@kareng (16154)
7h
@Marty1 Yes it does.
@porwest (17347)
I do not have a brand preference and I am pretty simple when it comes to ice cream. Just give me plain vanilla with a slathering of chocolate syrup anyday and I am happy.
@kareng (16154)
I agree you can't go wrong with that choice.
@porwest (17347)
11h
@kareng I like it. Hardly ever eat it. But I like it.
@DocAndersen (6665)
my very favorite ice cream of all time is (drum roll) Butter Pecan. But I am really picky about it. It has to be made the right way!
@kareng (16154)
I know what you mean on that one. There are a couple of brands out there with icky flavors of butter pecan. I don't remember which brand but one leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth.
We always have ice-cream in the freezer. Vanilla is my favourite flavour.
@kareng (16154)
You can't go wrong with vanilla. If you do want some chocolate all you have to do is add some chocolate to it.
Just about any brand. I like chocolate chip mint.
@kareng (16154)
That is one of my top five favorites too, John.
@Deepizzaguy (20738)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I like vanilla first followed by chocolate.
@kareng (16154)
The classics, can't go wrong there.
Any! I will eat any but I love butter pecan.
@kareng (16154)
I like that one too, but hubby does not. I have to sneak it in every now and them.
@Janet357 (22554)
i love ice cream too! i love blue bunny and baskin robbins
@kareng (16154)
Baskin and Robbins, oh yeah.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
I stick mostly to chocolate.
@kareng (16154)
I have to be in a "chocolate" mood for that one. But hey, it happens, right? Can't turn down chocolate all the time.
@infatuatedbby (103022)
I never made homemade ice cream, but I am sure it'll be delicious! My favorite is mint ice cream.
@kareng (16154)
Yum, that is a good one.
@yanzalong (15131)
I like ice cream but have no favorite brand.
@kareng (16154)
What about favorite flavors?
@LindaOHio (8499)
Ice cream is in my top 5 favorite foods. I can't think of a flavor I wouldn't like. We usually buy Breyers lactose free ice cream in vanilla. They're always out of chocolate.
@kareng (16154)
I like the Breyer's brand. Ice cream can be deceiving if you know what I mean. I hate getting some home and then there is very little taste to it or the flavor is all wrong.
@LindaOHio (8499)
@kareng Yeah, Breyer's is consistent.
@kareng (16154)
@LindaOHio Yes it is. Since you like vanilla, have you tried the vanilla bean?