Old habits die hard

Our divorce was finalized almost 2 weeks ago but my ex-husband texted me right away to let me know that there were no problems with his nuclear stress test this afternoon. I called him a couple of hours later for his social security number (a form said I needed it) and then hung up inadvertently on him when he answered because the lady told me that I didn't need to put that on the form. He called me back right away to make sure I was okay. I just remembered to ask him if he got the letter I told him about from the cardiologist's office. You emit radioactive particles for up to a month after the stress test and today's transportation security has equipment that can detect that. He frequently travels on trains, across bridges, and on planes. I never bothered to get one for me but I told him to make sure to get it so he isn't hassled as he travels. He told me that he didn't so I said to call the office in the morning first thing. His response? "Yes dear." Then he sent me a picture of him in a suit. He needs to buy a new one and wanted to know what my opinion was. Typical guy--can't go clothes shopping without a woman's opinion. I told him that he looked great in it. Hey. . . at least we still get along.
Your divorce seems to be the nicest I have heard about.
We get along just fine
@NJChicaa That´s so nice. Still, you have been depressed
@marguicha Yes of course. This is never what I wanted to happen. It was his decision.
Sounds like it's hard for both of you to get out of the habit of seeking out opinions / making sure everything's okay with the other person. That's good though, it's great that you are still good friends.
We are still best friends. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
@NJChicaa Every separation is different. It was better for me once we finally severed all ties. However, as long as you two are getting along fine and don't have any expectations of ever getting back together, then I don't see why you can't remain friends.
@ScribbledAdNauseum We seem to need each other's support right now as we were/are best friends.
@kareng (18193)
You do have a good relationship post-divorce. If you are best friends anything is possible. Just guard your heart and don't let your guard down.
I'm not thinking anything crazy trust me
@kareng (18193)
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
It's nice that you are on friendly terms. That doesn't always happen.
Usually doesn't
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
@NJChicaa My uncle divorced his wife and remarried. She found a guy as well. The four of them were friends and hung out together. Not sure about now though.
@1creekgirl (17627)
I wondered if the divorce was final. I'm glad you both still care about each other...how could you not. It's just heart breaking, though.
Yes it has been awful. Still is.
@1creekgirl (17627)
@UncleJoe (15044)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Does he glow in the dark?
hahaha he sent me a picture of a glow in the dark d1ldo last night when I told him to get that letter. I was like "don't get your hopes up"
@Tina30219 (42956)
• Onaway, Michigan
THat is good you still get along
I agree
@crossbones27 (26972)
• Redlands, California
Haha, I am offended I do not need no women's opinion. I will just let them laugh at me and go, you have to be cool to pull this off. Trying to cheer you up. I say screw it, many advantages to being single. Take advantage of it and glad its almost over in regards to the technical aspects. Much respect to how you both stayed civil and still care for each other.Always something to be said about that.
Yes he has been a great help to me over the past several months
@thelme55 (20926)
It is good that you are still friends. He still needs your opinion.
I agree
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
It is good you are still friends
I agree
@FourWalls (20928)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I think you may be like millions of other divorced individuals in this world: you like each other, just not enough to be married.
I guess so
@dodo19 (37745)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice that you guys are still on good terms and do get along.
• Israel
@NJChicaa Sounds like you parted on good terms.
It's good that you get along.
@Janet357 (26808)
well thats good that you are still friends.
@infatuatedbby (104793)
Glad you two are on good terms after the divorce.
@psanasangma (2991)
It seems process goes smoothly... and sounds on mutual consent basis.. Wish you luck ! Takecare
Well you may not be married but it sounds like you might have a chance of a decent friendship going forward. Friend promised me he was going to set up an appointment with the cardiologist today. We will see..