You Have To Love Mary Poppins...

@Hate2Iron (13441)
A few weeks ago, we all sat down with one of our granddaughters to watch the original Mary Poppins. She had seen the most recent, but not the very first. My husband remembers his mom taking him to see it so we decided to continue the tradition. While she did like the recent one... we wanted to see her reaction to the one with songs that we knew all the words too . I think she loved this one just about as much as these little kids in the video I am posting. Couldn't stop laughing at that tiny little girl who couldn't stop dancing!! Have you seen both versions of Mary Poppins and which did you like better???
Playing a Mary Poppins Medley on a public piano has an unexpectedly delightful effect on a tiny member of the audience.... 24M Views for this Mary Poppins: h...
@moonandstars (22031)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I've seen some of old Mary Poppins and out of protest, I didn't want to watch a remake
@Hate2Iron (13441)
Probably a good decision. Maybe the latest generation of kids will like it. Just not for me :( I liked the old one!!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Hate2Iron Same for me. I don't like new toys when oldo nes are perfectly in order
@HazySue (32149)
I loved the original Mary Poppins. I haven't seen the new one yet.
@Hate2Iron (13441)
I don't regret seeing the new one, but it was a bit disappointing sadly. Not sure how it did at the box office!!
@HazySue (32149)
@Hate2Iron Sometimes when they remake a movie they think they are making it better but they are just making you remember how good the old one was.
so glad y'all watched the classic :) i've not seen the new'un, prolly won't fer 't least some time? they jest don't movies like they used to.
@Hate2Iron what? they put'n new songs? why'n earth do they do that sort'a thingy? 'tis interestin' he'd a cameo'n such. still think i'll most likely pass'n this new'un.
I saw the first Mary Poppins, but I haven´t seen the remake and I don´t think I´ll watch it either. My youngest granddaughter is not interested and my own Mary Poppins is the first one.
@Hate2Iron (13441)
Unless there is a really good reason, I wouldn't have bothered to be honest.
@Hate2Iron I suppose that if Sofía wanted to see it, I´d take her. That´s how II saw the first Harry Potter. I wasn´t interested but after I saw the first one, I went with my grandchildren to see the 3 first ones and borrowed the books too
I have only seen the original version and enjoyed every bit of it.
@Hate2Iron (13441)
You can't top perfection!
I haven't seen them! do you recommend both of them?
@Hate2Iron (13441)
I'm glad that I saw both of them but the first will always be my favorite!!
I have not see any.Not a big fan of Julie Andrew.
@Hate2Iron (13441)
Oh Alfredo... you have to bring out your inner kid and watch Mary Poppins!! You will love it ;)
I've only seen the first but probably would like the new one. I'm sure I'll see it when it comes to Netflix or one of the other channels.
@Hate2Iron (13441)
I would check it out just to see how it compares in your mind!! I'm glad that I did.
@UncleJoe (15044)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thanks to that movie I take all my meds with a spoonful of sugar.
@Hate2Iron (13441)
LOL... Have to admit... it does make them go down in the most delightful way!!
@CarolDM (40806)
I have not seen the recent one but have the original.
@Hate2Iron (13441)
I don't think that I saw the original until we had kids of our own. I was too old for it (in my own mind lol) so I didn't see it as a kid!!
That's a cute link. I've only seen the original.