Good Intention Helps

By mor
Kiryat Ata, Israel
I had a call from a friend 3 days ago, she needed help with her printer. I came today without any technical knowledge and no intention for any money, just to try to help. She was a little nervous, she moved some stuff from the table, showed me the printer, and then, she saw the usb cable, it was a little broken on the edge. She suggested to change the cable. We looked for another cable, she didn't find it in the box. She went to the kitchen and I found it in the box. When she plugged the cable, turned on the printer, it started to print. I learned a lot from it. I thanked her very much and told her that we saw how much miracle a good intention to help can bring. Your take mylotters, did you try ever to help a friend and somehow everything turned out well ?
@May2k8 (10108)
I try to help someone if I can, when everything is working well they usually buy me food.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@May2k8 that is so nice of you. what do you help with ?
@May2k8 (10108)
@stringer321 I help by cleaning the fans with oil and brush.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@May2k8 have you tried helping with things that you don't know exactly how to help with ? What kind of fans do you clean ? Isn't it enough to just wipe the dust off and use a wet towel ?
@Nakitakona (15023)
That's a little help from friend.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Nakitakona sometimes it is enough just to be there and the friend, just by introducing the problem, finds the solution.
@Nakitakona (15023)
@stringer321 A friend's present is enough for a problematic person to alleviate his trouble.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Nakitakona well, that's true too, unfortunately. I think that with good friendship, we can make a better place here. Even problematic people will be felt nice and funny.
@nela13 (24045)
• Portugal
Sometimes the intention means a lot. I always help if someone from my family or friends ask me.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@nela13 was there any time that you didn't know how to help ant still went to help ?
@nela13 (24045)
• Portugal
@stringer321 yes and it is not a good feeling.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@nela13 what happened ? Because you were supposed to feel good. You came to help even without prior knowledge. Did you try to figure out the problem together or only you alone ?
@ptrikha_2 (16974)
I have helped folks in many ways. But sometimes, I do get help as well, like this friend of mine, who helped me "downgrade" from a not so efficient and a Problematic Internet wise Windows 8 OS to WIndows 7 Home Premium. I did had a downgrade but my current system is working better. Else, I have helped folks in office with certain software setups, Programming tricks and I even helped a few folks on the behavioral front as well.
@ptrikha_2 (16974)
@stringer321 no my profile picture has remained same since last many years. The place is Jersey City, NJ in US which I visited in 2010. This is close to NY city.
@ptrikha_2 (16974)
@stringer321 you are still awake? It must be around 6 am in your place?
@ptrikha_2 (16974)
@stringer321 oh ok but also see how much information you share here!
@Gillygirl (39799)
• Sutton, England
Yes, I have helped friends out in many ways
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Gillygirl did you give a try and help even when you didn't know how you would help ? That is even better to do. You can discover abilities that you didn't know you have. Please share example gillygirl.
@Gillygirl (39799)
• Sutton, England
@stringer321 There are so many examples. I have cleaned a sick friend's house for her. There really is too many to list
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Gillygirl you are a good friend, was the sickness infective ? Were you at risk getting the same sickness from your friend? How many hours did it take you to clean ? Did you wipe the dust and wash the floor ?
@thelme55 (23051)
I always help when and if I can. I help to those who appreciate my help.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@thelme55 try to help even if you think you can't, maybe the cooperation will help both of you to solve the problem. Give it a try.
@thelme55 (23051)
@stringer321 yes, I always give it a try.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@thelme55 you got courage and a human spirit. You know we can always surprise :-)
I’m glad you were able to help her. I always help my friends and family whenever they need help. It’s a wonderful feeling to do it.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@DianneN helping for no payment, for free :-) It makes miracles.
@stringer321 It shows you have a kind heart.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@DianneN I come with a different set of mind, more neutral, open minded. It feels better, it doesn't feels as a job but as volunteering. I have less pressure.
I always help if they ask my help. I do not give free advice if not requested because I noticed that it is not appreciated.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@LadyDuck I think there is a magic we cannot explain. That magic happens when we really try to help the others even if we feel we don't know how.
@stringer321 I agree, when I see that someone needs help, I do my best, we check together what we can do and many times we find a solution.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@LadyDuck the cooperation has an extra value, it helps doing things better, with less mistakes. And it brings more ideas.
It's always a great feeling when you are able to help a friend.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@JudyEv I like it that I didn't know how I was going to help, just to try, and see what I can check. Did it happen to you that you went to help someone even if you didn't know how ?
@stringer321 I can't remember an exact instance but we've sometimes gone along to lend moral support as much as anything and ended up being able to assist in some way.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@JudyEv this is so nice, you just came to encourage someone and found a way to help in his problem. Things worked out better than you had planed in first place. I think that when we mean to help, and we don't know exactly how, but we try, some of the help seems to come from somewhere else.
@CarolDM (45672)
Absolutely I have helped many people and it gives you a great feeling.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@CarolDM was there a time you didn't know how to help but still gave it a try ? It feels like the real help comes from somewhere unknown. Like the good intention was enough to do the job.
@CarolDM (45672)
@stringer321 Sure, and I do it now with my 90 y/o uncle, in a different situation but I help him on the phone work though things in his head.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@CarolDM that is a good connection between you and your uncle, you help him, give him confidence. This is even better than the help itself.
• Sonora, California
Yes I have, and it always feels good when it turns out well!
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Michellekidwell how did you help your friend ?
• Sonora, California
@stringer321 I’ve done so in many ways, with technology issues, as well as simply being there to talk to them!
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Michellekidwell You are incredible. You got the good intention. Do you have any background in technology or maybe you a natural tallent for this ?
• Midland, Michigan
A lot of times it just takes an extra set of eyes. I got a new Android phone recently and I've always used a cord already at home for an Android. Recently I discovered that each manufacturer supplies their own cord for a reason. I found my manual a few days ago and began looking in it it said to use the cord that came with the box. Once I did I discovered I was able to access my files via my computer with that cord but not the others. That was need to me.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@MarshaMusselman nice to meet you, my friend. Yes, an extra set of eyes can help a lot. I once helped a friend with linear algebra, he thought that non negative is positive and got stuck. I told him that zero is also non negative. That's it, problem solved. I barely remember anything he learns, I didn't know if I can help him, but, it was that cooperation that helped. He missed something small that I pointed out.
• Midland, Michigan
@stringer321 lol, you met me first by visiting me a week or so ago. And we've talked a little before too.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@MarshaMusselman then I should have followed you.
@JESSY3236 (10384)
Yes. I have helped my uncle with computer stuff before.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@JESSY3236 Did things work out even if you didn't know how you would help him ? Pal feels pal :-)
@JESSY3236 (10384)
@stringer321 yes. Usually if I don't know sometimes my mother can help him.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@JESSY3236 alright, but, do you give it a try ? Maybe you will see the problem solution just pops up by itself somehow.
@simplfred (12289)
As long as I know that I can help, I usually do it for free, especially for a friend...
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@simplfred Sometimes, it is good to give a try even if you don't know how to help. You can be very surprised with your creativity and the interaction can help.
@simplfred (12289)
@stringer321 I agree... Actually, we have a lot of guides nowadays online. You Tube will help us a lot on fixing things. Might we do some research on how to fix it and apply the fix... If that never works then let us call the professional... Ha ha...
I try to be helpful. I'm glad you were able to help and all turned out well.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@just4him for me, those special moments that make me wonder how come... I look for those moments to find that our good connections and good interactions bring a good bless upon us.
@stringer321 That's good you do. I like helping others too and being a blessing to others.
19h
Yes, sometimes I think I will not be of much help but give it a try anyway and things do turn out well. Not all the time, but on occasion.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
12h
@Corbin5 you are inspiring me to help more. It is a good interaction between friends. It requires cooperation, and the success goes for both sides. :-)
@Debscrochet (1483)
Glad you got it to work. I'm sure i fixed a toy or something before.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
It was all done by her and me, my being there helped her more than my actions. Did anything similar happened to you?
@garymarsh6 (19609)
It is always good to help others as you never know when you may need help too but I would say do not let people take advantage of your kindness!
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@garymarsh6 I have my limits sometimes too :-) There was a woman who wanted me to help her against her son. She told me how he behaved, I realized later that she was not perfect too, I decided to never help her again. I tell her no.
@acelawrites (17431)
It is really good to help others if we can.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@acelawrites do you have an example when you tried to help a friend even if you didn't know how to help him ? It is sometimes even better. Even if a problem looks like fighting a zakoom at first, maybe together you can win if cooperate with a friend.
@Alexandoy (4144)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I also get nervous when something is wrong with my computer. But with the computer of another person I easily find the problem and even solve it.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Alexandoy you come to try to help, you check all the possibilities you know, without judging. My friend didn't bother to search well in the box, she maybe though the cable was somewhere else. I didn't know what to expect, I moved something in the box and found that.