Non Hodgkins Survivors

My father was recently diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I would love to hear from anyone who has experience this or has a loved one going through it. What alternative treatments besides chemo would you recommend?
I can't help but I know there is quite a good survival rate after treatment.
I am so sorry. I do not have experience with this particular cancer, but I know the survival rate is good. I would say do what the doctor recommends but investigate additional supportive lifestyle measures, such as herbs, and self care.
So sorry to hear that. I had a co-worker who was diagnosed with it five years ago. He went through chemo and is in remission. He is doing really well right now and feels great.
@akalinus (29936)
Three of my husband's siblings had lymphoma. It is my opinion that your dad should accept the treatments his doctors recommend in conjunction with alternative treatments. But I am not a doctor.
@LeaPea2417 (26883)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am not familiar with it, but I am thinking Chemo would be the thing to do.
I’m so sorry. A dear friend of mine had it, and her son, a liver transplant surgeon, knew some of the best doctors in Washington DC. She went to some specialists he recommended and had various treatments, including chemo. 17 years later, she remains cancer free. I suggest your dad seeks a few consultations. Best of luck.
@1creekgirl (18407)
I'm not familiar with it, but I'll pray for your father's recovery.
@hereandthere (39195)
i don't know anyone who had it, and like most people, chemo is the first thing that comes to mind. i hope others here can help you.