Missing My Tropical Garden

@thelme55 (23051)
Germany
Hello, fellow mylotters! I hope you are all in good health. I have just read a discussion from CarolDM about the monarch butterflies. I miss seeing butterflies in my garden in the Philippines. I love stalking them with my camera. I have just found out that I lost weight. My jeans are no longer tight. I think that walking every day to visit my husband in the hospital made me lose a bit of my tummy. I have not eaten much in the week where I was alone at home. Now, I am glad he is back. My hubby has lost 3 kilos while he was in the hospital. We will maintain this weight dropping as he is advised to just eat half of what he usually eats. Have you lose weight or trying to? I think walking daily will do it and of course eating less. Here is a video to my stalking of butterflies in my garden.
This is another video of my tropical garden in the Philippines. It is always visited with different kinds of birds, butterflies and moths. #thellysvideosandm...
• Serbia
So nice garden with beautiful butterflies. I was losing weight just by eating less.
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you @CreativeMadness. I think I really have to eat less.
• Serbia
@thelme55 your welcome. I bet you dont eat much, you we eat to stay healthy. Just cut sweets and fried food and it will be ok.
@thelme55 (23051)
@CreativeMadness No, I don't eat much and I am not fun of sweet food and junk food. I only eat when I am hungry. I am more of eating veguthan eating meat. Fried food is seldom served on my dinner table.
@JustBhem (64334)
• Davao, Philippines
How about there? You don’t have your garden?
@thelme55 (23051)
I don´t have a garden here in Germany. Just pots of flowers in the balcony. Thanks @JustBhem.
@JustBhem (64334)
• Davao, Philippines
@thelme55 Do you plan to have one there?
@thelme55 (23051)
@JustBhem no because we don't have space for a garden.
Make sure you are eating the right food while you losing weight.
@thelme55 (23051)
I am @amadeo. I am health conscious. Thanks.
@thelme55 Good for you there.Keep up the good work
@thelme55 (23051)
@amadeo I will. Thank you. Have a wonderful new week ahead.
@HazySue (33337)
I love to watch the butterflies flit from flower to flower. I am glad to hear that your hubby is home now. I am losing weight also but it is a good thing for me. I am on a strict diet. Beautiful video.
@thelme55 (23051)
We are the same @HazySue. I love watching butterflies too hoping from one flower to the other. What do you eat when you are on a strict diet? I might follow it.
@HazySue (33337)
@thelme55 I am on a gastroparesis diet because I can't digest correctly.
@thelme55 (23051)
@HazySue I see. Thanks for the heads up.
@rsa101 (22796)
Oh that is good news that your husband is back home. It means no more walking to the hospital anymore. I think that would be a relief not because you won't be walking anymore but he is home to rest and recuperate from his health problem. With regards to your weight loss I just hope it is a good thing for you and not that you have gone underweight which is also bad in the sense that you could also get sick with that.
@thelme55 (23051)
I am not underweight. I have more kilos in me than my ideal weight. Now that hubby is at home, I will go back to twice a week with walking with my friend Grace. Thank you @rsa101
@rsa101 (22796)
@thelme55 good for you your walking might help you lose those extra weight then.
I seem to be on a plateau and am finding it hard to lose any more. Another kilo or two less would be could so I'll keep trying.
@thelme55 (23051)
I think it is hard to lose weight when we are getting older @JudyEv. I noticed that with myself. Anyway, as long we are feeling healthy, a few kilos is okay. Thanks.
That is awesome for both of you about the weight loss.
@thelme55 (23051)
Yes. Thank you @shaggin.
@CarolDM (45672)
I know you miss them. I will soon as they will be leaving. Happy dance for your weight loss, right! Glad your husband is better. Love this black butterfly by the way.
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you very much @CarolDM. Have a nice day.
Thanks for the sent video my friend.
@thelme55 (23051)
You are very welcome @edisondanila. I hope you enjoyed watching it.
@Starkinds (17811)
I'm sorry for you
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you @Starkinds.
@moonandstars (24045)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I think walking is a great way of losing your weight. I understand you missing butterflies; you must see them in Germany but, once in a while.
@thelme55 (23051)
Yes, it is indeed good at losing weight @moonandstars. I seldom see butterflies here. I think I have not seen butterflies this year in Germany. Thanks.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@thelme55 I also see butterflies now and then but, when I see them, it's like I'm infatuated, they are so pretty actually ,their wings
@thelme55 (23051)
@moonandstars Yes, that is how I feel when I see them.
@Gillygirl (39799)
• Sutton, England
It is beautiful, Thelma
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you very much @Gillygirl. Have a nice day.
@Gillygirl (39799)
• Sutton, England
@thelme55 You're welcome, have a great day
@thelme55 (23051)
@Gillygirl Thank you. I have. At the moment I am baking a pumpkin pie for tomorrow.
I've given up chocolate and am trying to exercise more, but nothing drastic. I only get Red admirals and Cabbage Whites in my garden.
@thelme55 (23051)
I see @jaboUK. Are the Red admirals and Cabbage Whites, butterflies?
@thelme55 Oh yes, sorry - perhaps they're not well known varieties in your part of the world.
@thelme55 (23051)
@jaboUK maybe. I will check them online. I have seen a lot of butterflies in my garden this year when I was there. Maybe some of those are these varieties of butterflies.
@Gracezy (173)
Walking is good exercise and good for our health. When we have a walk again?
@thelme55 (23051)
So true @Gracezy. Maybe tomorrow if it will not rain.
Being at a healthy weight is definitely beneficial. I have lost weight but lost a bit too much and now need to add about 3 pounds. I don't look good if I am too skinny.
@louievill (22718)
You have a very lovely garden, butterflies are now all over this time of the year in our country.
It must have been hard for you to get used to the cold climate Germany gets in winter. I have lost a few pounds since last october but I'm not on a diet really.
Oh beautiful garden Thelma. I am sorry about your husband is he doing okay?
That's a beautiful black butterfly you captured with your camera.
@sol_cee (20601)
• Bermuda
Butterflies are beautiful creatures. I enjoy watching them too. But is it true that touching their wings will affect their ability to fly?