Panic...What Panic?

@p1kef1sh (45696)
My city probably isn't the best place to get a headache. I've noticed what appears to be panic buying of sanitary items, especially hand sanitisers and headache medicines. No doubt other cities are experiencing the same thing, or maybe we are the only one.
Hand sanitizer is very difficult to find in this area.
@topffer (40865)
• France
Everywhere. The price of hand sanitizer exploded in the past days in France. Our government has decided today to fix the sale price by decree, which is something very rare, happening once every 10 years when an item is too expensive.
@BarBaraPrz (27475)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@topffer That's good.
In fact I think washing hands by a normal soap will be fine enough. Sometimes being panic for something is not reasonable. Here there are enough products in the supermarket and therefore people will not be in panic. I only found some kinds of sausages and bacons are not available in this moment and that's it. Supplies are fine.
Doctor friends have told me that hand sanitizers are very bad for our skin.
I have seen friends photos on FB that are similar to this - but it's not quite that bad here - yet. Here, I can definitely sense panic shopping going on, but I can still get most things fairly easily - and this is Los Angeles! But face masks are gone for sure.
Australian shelves are out of toilet paper for starters. We bought up paracetamol and Nurofen in Nepal. They are really cheap there.
@simplfred (15753)
Also here, especially face mask which is almost out of stock in all pharmacy...
Yes, stores here are out of face masks and hand sanitizer.
Your city? Which city? You haven't even mentioned your country. Is there a special reason why you want to keep it secret? You must admit that your post would make more sense if the readers knew which part of the world you're talking about.
@p1kef1sh (45696)
No secret reason at all, although why is where I live important in the context of the post?
@p1kef1sh Well, if you begin your post with "***My city*** probably isn't the best place..." one is allowed to wonder, isn't one?
• Israel
@p1kef1sh I read that others are experiencing things. I get my headache medicine and my other medicines at the pharmacy.