It's BACK!

Remember last week how I posted that COVID-19 had left the province. Well after over two weeks without any cases and after all those who were infected had recovered the numbers started to climb again. At first it was a mystery as to where they contacted it but then after investigating the story came out. All of it could have been completed avoided but a very irresponsible doctor is the cause of this spread. A doctor from the northern part of the province went to another province and did not self isolate when he got back from his trip. He went to work at the hospital and continued to see patients and worked with other staff for two weeks before he was tested and tested positive. Since then a number of people have tested positive and two are in intensive care. Those infected included his 3 year old child and two people in their 90's including his own mother. There will be many more in the coming days, many of them health care workers. This is quite a ways from where I live but it did say that he had traveled to many different hospital over those two weeks and of course all those people would have had other people they were in contact with during that time. It is a developing story and very sad and frustrating because it could have all been avoided. As a health professional he knew better. Charges will be laid and he has been suspended from his job. It is just terrible but it goes to show how quickly it can spread when precautions are not taken. Regulations in place for a reason.
@dgobucks226 (23177)
All it takes is one person to ignore social distancing to cause it's spread. The Doctor knew from his travel he could be carrying the virus. Total irresponsibility on his part.
He sure should have know better than that. Sorry to hear about this.
• Leesburg, Georgia
So sorry that happened.
@moonandstars (39777)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
That's what I fear as well. After 1st round, second round can also happen. I'm sorry.
@Raelove (23326)
• Saco, Maine
Our numbers keep going up slowly here in Maine, too, every day. People whine about how it isn't as serious as the flu. It is, because it spreads a lot more quickly. Be safe and well.
None of us do totally as we should, I fear, but as a health care professional, he should have known better. The virus will continue to raise its ugly head, over and over again, until we all understand how to really stop it.
@supasupa (109)
So sad
That is very sad and tragic that a doctor did not know better
@wolfgirl569 (32277)
• Marion, Ohio
That is sad and was unnecessary. He knew better.
@kanuck1 (2067)
This is the problem with this virus. It doesn't take many to get it going again.
@Tina30219 (56046)
• Onaway, Michigan
So sorry to hear this.
@CarolDM (86904)
• Nashville, Tennessee
This is sadly happening in many places as we open back up.
Shame on him, especially someone with so much knowledge about how sick people can get with this virus, and yet, he did not even follow the simple rule to self-isolate. Shame shame. I had a young guy get too close to me while I was out today, and I raised my hand and said- you need to give me 2 metres. Such silly actions can land anyone regretting going out.
@LowRiderX (20533)
• Serbia
What irresponsibility, if he did not know, then who should know how to behave
@dodo19 (42122)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
This doctor should have known better. Sorry to hear that it's back in your neck of the woods.
That's horrible and these mistakes will make us pay
@jayanth_77 (6163)
Never imagined a doctor will spread this deadly virus. A doctor is supposed to advice people about hand washing, nose mask and social distancing but he himself has ignored them and spread the virus . His medical license needs to be suspended and be fined.
@Lavanya15 (8275)
• Chennai, India
Oh very sad to hear.. Hope all well set right soon
• Agra, India
I thought we had such educated people only herr
@Gillygirl (42511)
• Sutton, England
How awful, he should have known better