Flipping The Calendar to a New Month....June

Happy Monday and the 1st day of June! We're greeted by sunshine and a beautiful day for the start of a brand new month. I know we've all been saying how fast time is flying by and even with being quarantined during the pandemic time seemed to fly by just as fast. My morning was hijacked by my aunts phone call. She wanted to tell me about a good book she just read. Of course we got off on a bunch of other topics including how nice it will be when family can visit again. My aunt and uncle live in Massachusetts, have four grown and married children with 14 grandchildren. Their house is usually hopping with activity but with quarantine they haven't seen their family except from a distance. We're all missing those hugs and human contact. Slowly life is getting back to the "new" normal. My daughter is supposed to go back into the office next week. This week she'll still be working from home but I've become so used to her being here that it's going to be weird when she goes back. I'm busy making a grocery list for the next delivery but our last delivery has lasted quite longer than I thought it would. That's good news especially for my wallet. Now I'm going to see what's going on here, chat for awhile and then do the chores I've been putting off. Enjoy your day my friends and hope you can find something to smile about
@JimBo452020 (17190)
• Montrose, Scotland
The new normal. We got out of lockdown a little bit on Friday. Police Scotland made over 1000 arrests at the weekend for people disregarding social distancing rules. Not a good way to end May. Lets hope my fellow Scots start behaving a bit more responsibly. The sun is shining, plenty to smile about. Think I quite like the lockdown and the social distancing
I also pray that my fellow Americans will try and behave.
I hope people keep social distancing for a long time.
@mrki444 (14060)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I hope it will bring me some good money this month.
@mrki444 , Let's hope so!
@mrki444 (14060)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@marlina Some lotto award would be good.
@mrki444 hope winning lotto is coming your way
I hope all goes well when your daughter goes back to work. I bet you will miss her during her workdays.
I'm going to have to go back to talking to the dogs when she goes back to work
@Marilynda1225 Yes, the pups will keep you company. Our son is still working from home. He was told they will work from home "indefinitely." Sure do not want him on a commuter train going into the city of Chicago, yet.
My Aunt and I text sometimes. She never has a whole lot to say, but it is nice for her to send cards and let me know she is thinking of me. She will send pictures she has taken in real life and pics from online.
It's nice your aunt still keeps in touch.
@Marilynda1225 Yes, she is a nice person.
@dodo19 (41803)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's hard to believe that June is already here. Enjoy your day and your month.
Hope things are going well with you. Are your kids finished with school yet?
@dodo19 (41803)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Marilynda1225 Things are going well. My girls do have some weekly zoom calls. The last one is towards the end of June. They aren't mandatory, but we still try to log them in as much as possible.
I'm sure you'll love it when families can get together again. I'm sure it will feel weird when your daughter goes back to work. That is great news for your wallet. My smile is on. I went to the pool this morning.
It's going to be very weird when my daughter goes back to work. I've gotten so used too having her here and having human conversations instead of talking to the dogs
@Marilynda1225 I'm sure it will be. At least your daughter holds a conversation you understand. What we need is a dictionary for dog to humans as they have for other countries, Italian/English for example.
Yes, this virus had disrupted our lives! I haven't seen my aunt except once, and only from a distance. I'm hoping your daughter's boss has implemented safety stuff within the office. Glad that the delivery lasted awhile, I've yet to do one of those home delivery types, maybe eventually, but most likely for stores that I can't get to easily (I wonder if instacart delivers for Aldi's?)
They say they will have the office ready next week so hope it's true. I haven't been to Aldi since this whole pandemic started.
@Marilynda1225 Our Aldi is a bit too far away. It's in the opposite direction of the way we go, as is Trader Joe's. I don't get to either very often.
@garymarsh6 (21816)
Yes June already time is flying by even though it is in very odd circumstances. Hope you keep well.
All is good here. I'm staying well and out of troubleI How are you?
@garymarsh6 (21816)
@Marilynda1225 Yes good thanks I will be back soon. I have missed everyone !
Enjoy your day and the new month of June. We still have no new normal here, and I'm happy with that.
At least we can expect nice weather for our new month of June
Happy new month to you. Hope you get to see them in person soon.
Will you be going back to work soon?
@Marilynda1225 The stay at home order has been lifted by our governor as of this afternoon. I might go back next week. Waiting to hear from my bosses. I've enjoyed being home but wish it was under better and different circumstances. I don't want to go back even though I like my job. Got used to being home more I guess.
• Leesburg, Georgia
I hope you have a wonderful day! =) A good phone call is always so nice.
Hope you're doing okay Jen. I'm sorry t hear that you lost two family members so close to each other
• Leesburg, Georgia
@Marilynda1225 Thank you. I'm pushing forward in faith.
We are also slowly switching to the "new" normal. Today it was a religious holiday, a nice quiet Monday to start the month of June. The border with Italy is still closed and it will not be opened until July 6th, still a long waiting before I can shop there again.
I see that things are getting better in Italy. Hope by July you'll be able to shop there again. How are you doing?
@Marilynda1225 We are doing well thank you. My husband told me that for the moment he does not feel safe going to Italy, I know he is right, I will wait several days before going there after the border opens.
@CarolDM (83727)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Hoping we all have a better month. Have a good day.
Fingers crossed that things get better
@CarolDM (83727)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Marilynda1225 Same here.
@Nevena83 (51852)
• Serbia
Yes, time really flies. Life is returning to normal, but I don't know if everything will be the same as before.
I think we'll be adapting to a new normal.
We haven’t gotten to a new normal yet. Still keeping to ourselves and my husband hasn’t been called back to work yet. His work place hasn’t opened up yet. I hope things get better soon, but all of our needs are met
Guess it will be awhile before your husband can go back to work. Any idea when they'll open?
It's hard to believe the year is half over. If course, it's been a very tough half year. Fourteen grandkids...wow! That's wonderful for her.
My aunt's children ( my cousins) are around the same age as my children and her grandchildren close in age to my grandchildren. We have a lot in common and lots to talk about
Happy 1st of June . Let's hope that June will be a lot better than May was. I am also making a grocery list this morning so a friend can do the shopping for me.
Fingers crossed that things get better
@wolfgirl569 (31165)
• Marion, Ohio
Have a good day. Hopefully things settle down real soon.
@thelme55 (46677)
I am also missing the hugs of my relatives and friends. I hope everything will be back to normal.
@simone10 (48564)
Yesterday was spent doing laundry. I don't have much planned today. I may play around with my jewelry and try to come up with ideas for charm bracelets.