My first time to go to the mall since the lockdown

@louievill (27505)
The other day I was forced to go to the mall because I had to look and buy a new inverter type refrigerator to replace our aging unit. Me and my son decided that we walk the 2.5km private road from our subdivision to the mall cause I told him I needed some exercise.( We also walked going back. The mall looks so strange than before the pandemic, the food court was dark and deserted it looked like a scene from " The Walking Dead ". A lot of my favorite stalls were gone and I'm afraid they would never open again sigh... Had you already been to a mall lately? What things did you find different besides the masks, thermal scan and social distancing. Do you agree that it's not that fun anymore? Do you sometimes have the thought that things might never be the same again or it would take longer? Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
We haven't been into the city since the lockdown and we rarely went even before that. I think in our country things might become much like they were but if cases start appearing again, then that would be very bad.
@louievill (27505)
Yes, if you never really went often to a mall then you won't miss it. I'm fine going there or not going there but this time it's a " must " that I must go find a new inverter type refrigerator.
@louievill I think some people go to malls because they are air-conditioned and so much cooler than their houses.
@louievill (27505)
@JudyEv yes and besides that there are lots of places to go to, its a one stop shop to play, eat and drink, fine dine and shop, Filipinos by nature are family oriented people so not just families but even clans meet at the mall.
@Janet357 (68183)
What mall is this? I meant what branch of SM? I wish i could. But maybe I will settle with Robinson mall because it is a walking distance from our house.
@louievill (27505)
This is in Southmall, I was all sweat when the picture was taken because of our 2.5km walk with my son.
@Janet357 (68183)
@louievill Oh, My hometown. My dad lives in Pilar. I miss Southmall!
@Janet357 @louievill you're both lucky there are malls just walking distance from you.
I haven’t been anywhere since the pandemic began.
@louievill (27505)
Stay where you are if it's not very necessary, I was only forced by circumstances that's why I was forced to take the risk.
@louievill The only time I went out was when we drove straight home from Florida which was over 18 hours.
@louievill (27505)
@DianneN I remember that lol
@moonandstars (46605)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
good job on walking to the mall it's not fun but, to me, i've never liked them anyway. i like to go in and quickly to go out.
@louievill (27505)
I loved the walk and love walking that's why I have a sexy body I only like to go to the mall it there is a family or clan affair. I now do most of my purchases online.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@louievill i get it. well, you can thanks walking for that
@louievill (27505)
@moonandstars people should always walk if given a chance, for me it's one of the best natural exercise. I also love to use the stairs whenever I can
• Agra, India
Be careful. There appear to be a lot many people behind you
@louievill (27505)
Yes the supermarket is always full, good thing that was not my destination but the appliance store.
• Agra, India
@louievill that is a good thing.stay safe and enjoy your day out.
• Agra, India
@louievill that is great. So a lot of shopping going on there.
In my city our lives seem to be back to the normal as we already go to work. The schools are also open. But we still have to wear the mask when we go out. I am still very careful to do the precautions. Sad to think about when everything can be really back to normal.
@louievill (27505)
Yes, I just finished talking with a friend in Fuzhou and everything is already getting back to normal, in fact he is back teaching but all the teachers in their school including him were just recently tested.
@louievill My son went to school in May. All the students and teachers had the test and I am glad that they all passed it. However, I am still very careful to it since this virus can really spread easily.
@louievill (27505)
@youless correct, in fact there is another cluster of new infections in Beijing and they fear a second wave
@jayanth_77 (7311)
It's good to walk as it's a healthy habit. I agree it's not fun anymore with masks and social distancing made compulsory.
@louievill (27505)
I practiced walking 2.5 kilometers with mask on , it was a private road with not much people so sometimes I lower my mask to breath I wore a thinner surgical mask.
@louievill walking with masks is not a problem.You can breathe easily. It's only when you jog or run; breathing with mask becomes difficult and need to avoid wearing it .
@louievill (27505)
@jayanth_77 in longer walks it also becomes a problem when it gets wet with sweat. Before this I walked to the bank wearing a double fabric mask and when it got wet with sweat it became like a suction I learned my lesson and wore the single layer surgical mask because the walk to the mall was much further.
@Alexandoy (66267)
• Cainta, Philippines
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have not been to the mall and I have no intention for now.
@Alexandoy (66267)
• Cainta, Philippines
@louievill perhaps you have been careful enough to avoid any probable chance of contamination.
@louievill (27505)
@Alexandoy so far I still do not have fever, sore throat or sneezing I got tempted to buy a hotdog sandwich and iced tea, hang the mask on one ear and eat it while standing then walking very fast lol.
@Alexandoy (66267)
• Cainta, Philippines
@louievill it's not the time to eat out. We don't know much about the invisible enemy.
Here in Jeonju, Korea department stores, supermarkets, fast-food chains, restaurants, boutiques, and retail stores continued their business despite the pandemic. But, mass gatherings, concerts, theater performances, religious activities, and parties are strictly prohibited. My daughter started attending her class last May 27.
@louievill true. you can't go to the mall without eating!
how about work and transportation (both public and private? were they continuous in s. korea throughout the pandemic?
@louievill (27505)
@hereandthere get covid or die of hunger? I took the risk and I'm not yet sick up to now I was really hungry after the long walk
@oahuwriter (19551)
Same as you is what I found going to one mall Ala Moana Shopping Center.
@louievill (27505)
One thing I also observed is they took out those places where people can sit and rest so nobody hangs out unneccesarily lol. It's no longer allowed to eat on the stalls when buying food.
@oahuwriter (19551)
@louievill It was like that till June 5th. Restaurants reopened so now you see partitions, masks and more outside tables. Sad some businesses closed for good. They just couldn't stand the length of closing time.
@louievill correct. because they want to limit contact between people so just take out, pick up and delivery for now
@Lavanya15 (13024)
• Chennai, India
Hear also all shops opening but with out AC. Yesterday I also go for shop and buy new mobile for my cousin for his kid school online classes. Go fast, come fast lol.
@louievill (27505)
At least here they already opened the AC. " Go fast, come fast", it's as if something is out to get us lol. I also felt that way but I can't help to buy a hotdog sandwich and iced tea and eat it while standing and then walking fast with my mask hanging on one ear
@Lavanya15 (13024)
• Chennai, India
@louievill hear government order all shops don't use ACs so no one not using those. That's why not possible spending more time, hot beating me a lot. So always try to come our fast lol.
@louievill (27505)
@Lavanya15 hahaha... I think it was also like that here before , no AC. Maybe they decided to turn it on otherwise the business will die. It's hotter in your country so I think people will run faster
@Lakshman15 (2695)
Oh,but take care when you go out side. Still now I don't GI any super market, what I need I buy in nearby shops only.
@louievill (27505)
Yes do not go where there are plenty of people if not necessary, I only went there because I needed to buy a refrigerator.
@louievill oh OK,Take care of you.
@louievill (27505)
@Lakshman15 you too, take care
@tom_view (5674)
• Kolkata, India
that's great
@louievill (27505)
Great hike and great experience with risk
@tom_view (5674)
• Kolkata, India
@brokenbee (9782)
I still haven't gone to the mall or supermarkets here in my province since those are in the city, a bit far from my hometown. I still haven't gone out of time since March 16... Actually, I already can go but my parents still don't allow me to, and I am also quite hesitant because buses are still limited and I don't have my own car. The buses unload and load passengers far from the city's business district. So I still have to get a tricycle ride from that point and it's quite far from the malls there. So, I think it is better if I don't go there yet. And of course the risk of acquiring the virus is still high... We have a new case in the province yesterday, after more than 2 weeks of being COVID-free, as they said...
@louievill (27505)
Your parents are right, don't go if it's not very important business. Even with a private vehicle the number of passengers would be limited. Transportation is another big problem besides the virus, I already conditioned our bicycles for use within our subdivision. Here the tricycles would only take 1 passenger per cab so ordinary people are finding it quite expensive.
@brokenbee (9782)
@louievill There are things in the supermarket that we need that are not available here in my hometown that's why I also need to go there... But with the transportation, I just have to delay my travel... Yes, fare is also expensive. I think I need to pay 3x the usual fare...
@bestie (3246)
I'm thinking that the mall looks familiar, indeed it's southmall.
@louievill (27505)
We Southerners know it like the palm of our hands lol
@bestie (3246)
@cperry2 (5580)
• Newport, Oregon
Malls, restaurants, movie theaters, and political rallies are things I am staying far away from. If we need something that I cannot order on line we will find it buy it and go pick it up, Prefereably, the store will bring it outside when we arrive. But if we have to go in, we go in get our purchase and leave as quickly as possible.
@louievill (27505)
We had been doing that since this pandemic and lockdown started but this is a big ticket item for us that we need to purchase right away. Inverter technology is also new to us and I need to choose a refrigerator unit that would suit our needs and inspect the model, no choice but to go to the place and take the risk. The old ref also conked out so the food inside would spoil , it was also responsible for our high power bill during the lockdown.
@cperry2 (5580)
• Newport, Oregon
@louievill Got it. We would likely do that as well. No time to wait for deliver, when you need it right now.
I haven't been tot he mall since the virus, but the one I go to the most is an outdor mall, so I have thought about going. I went to Costco at the edge of an indoor mall, but the mall portion wasn't open, just a few things on the periphery. This was a few weeksa go.
@louievill (27505)
A lot of businesses seem to suffer, were they prevented to operate or are they going bust?
@louievill Who knows?
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
I am not going to any Mall anytime soon. Yes, one does recalls good times there but the outside situation does not permits it. So did you got the thing you needed and in the way that you needed it?
@louievill (27505)
The inverter ref model I wanted was not available but wife was able to buy it in another appliance center the next day and we have it now. I was able to buy hardware that are necessities for maintaining our house plus I got to see the present situation of the mall lol.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@louievill Wish you a safe and Happy time ahead. I hope that necessary things are in fine condition in your house.
I have never been outside since the start of the lockdown.
@louievill (27505)
Good, stay inside if there is nothing important you need to do, just continue your fitness exercise and weight loss program
Will do! Thank you! @louievill
Glad that the lockdown there has been lifted ! You seem to have had it, so you would rather go there and back on foot for 5km .
@louievill (27505)
Yes we can now go out but curfew is till imposed, I really needed to purchase a new inverter type ref and have it delivered to the house. Yep 5 kilometers all in all, I love to walk and I also love to climb or take the stairs whenever I can that's why I still have the body of a 25 year old
@louievill You are a man of strong build ,judging from the photo.