Shopping for Fruit

@RubyHawk (36983)
Atlanta, Georgia
We went to Sprouts this morning looking for good ripe fruit. Lately the fruit I buy has been too green and I have to lay it out for days before it starts to soften. I found some beautiful plums at Sprouts that seem to be about ripe along with peaches and pears . I laid them on a large platter on the counter so I expect to eat delicious fruit in a few days. In the meantime we have apples and watermelon that must be eaten soon or they will be over ripe. I cannot bear to throw away good food so I will probably eat apples and watermelon today and tomorrow. Hope all of you are well and enjoying the pleasant weather. I see it will be even cooler tomorrow and the next day. I plan to enjoy it while I can. I'm still reading Jan Karon's At Home in Mitford. Do you have any interesting reading going on?
I love Sprouts! It's one of my go-to stores. I hate food going to waste too . . . I've really been trying hard to make something out of any over ripe fruits. We're going to make hand pies out of the apples leftovers. I haven't done much book reading lately . . . it's more about online reading about gardening and cooking!
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I practically never throw food out. I usually make a pie if it's fruit or soup if it's veggies. I made pancakes this morning and put a lb of strawberries on top. I'd bought two packages and they were about to get too ripe.
@RubyHawk Oh yum! We are going to take some last end strawberries and blueberries to make smoothies after we get back from our walk. Oh I think we even have some overripe bananas we can toss in there too. This pandemic has especially made me be more mindful about using every bit of food!
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@much2say your smoothies sound good. I bought a watermelon that wasn't the best. It wasn't ripe enough and I made smoothies with it today. I put it in the blender with a few spoons of ice cream and it tasted good. I'll use the rest of it the same way.
@Alexandoy (59904)
• Cainta, Philippines
This reminds me of the Sunday market where fresh fruits and vegetables are in abundance. That market is still closed due to the lockdown.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's too bad. I don't believe Sprouts closed, no food stores closed as far as I know. Sprouts usually has a good selection of fruit but unless it's a sale they are more expensive. I watch for the sales.
@Alexandoy (59904)
• Cainta, Philippines
@RubyHawk yes, we miss the Sunday market and still no word until now about their opening.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Alexandoy I hope they will open soon. As far as I know no food stores were closed here. And now everything seems to be wide open. I'm afraid we'll be sorry but people have to earn a living.
@JimBo452020 (16652)
• Montrose, Scotland
No time to read. A fortune on here to make, I need The weather has been a real pain 4 days in a row, a lot of rain
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I like that, We've had rain off and on but nothing drastic. See I told you you were a poet.
@JimBo452020 (16652)
• Montrose, Scotland
@RubyHawk Aye, a poet indeed See that was off the cuff. If I think about it I overthink
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@JimBo452020 When I think off the cuff It only turns to slush And if I over think I flounder and I sink
@Janet357 (50732)
i think fruit shake will do the best for this.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Probably would although we eat the fruit, hardly ever make a shake. It's a good idea though.
@sallypup (39147)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm hoping to find some local cherries soon. Melon season doesn't happen until late summer. We just finished that old classic the Thorn Birds.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I loved The Thorn Birds although I read it years ago. I liked the movie too. Often I don't like movies made from favorite books, They make too many changes. I didn't see any cherries today but it's likely I overlooked them.
@sallypup (39147)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RubyHawk I bought the movie. I love those period movies. Seeing the scenery and the way things were done in those days is truly a treat.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@sallypup I like a lot of the old movies. They don't make movies now as they did back then. But sometimes I see an old movie that I really loved and it's not as interesting as I remembered. And sometimes they remake and old movie and they completely ruin it.
• Agra, India
Enjoy the rest of the day
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks, hope you had a good evening too.
• Agra, India
@RubyHawk I hope I get a good evening
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@amitkokiladitya What are your plans for the day.
@Adie04 (6649)
Every week we going to buy fruits.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
So do we. My bestie bought guavas the other and I had never seen them. I looked them up online but to me they do not taste good.
I read a lot of things but all online, books are a hassle to try to read anymore.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm just the opposite. I love to have the book in my hand.
@CarolDM (83091)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Stay safe out there my friend. I love fresh fruit. Nice weather there today.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We are still having cool days, but they are about to end.
@CarolDM (83091)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@RubyHawk Heat arrives again today.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@CarolDM It did, the temp hit 84 today and felt hotter. I went for my walk early and it was already hot.
One thing I really like is fresh fruits and vegetables. We get them at the Farmers Market.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We have a farmers market not far from us but it's always crowded and there isn't enough parking space but I find a good supply in grocery stores.
@RubyHThis one is on a farm and there is lots of parking.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@jstory07 That's good. We have no farms within miles of us. In fact I don't remember when I saw the last farm.
You have so much fine fruits to enjoy. I am reading Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas. It is a delightful read. So glad you are enjoying Jan Karon's book.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't believe I've read Sandra Dallas. I'll have to look for her when the library opens up. I thought I'd read all the Mitford books but I found I had missed the very first one and that's the one I'm reading now.
@RubyHawk I think you would enjoy Prayers for Sale. The characters are marvelous and it is such a delightful read.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Corbin5 I'll try to remember it when our library opens. We returned books we'd had for months but they still don't have the library open. They were only taking returns.
Sounds like your lockdown has been lifted.I eat an apple every day.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We aren't locked up, almost everything has opened up. We are still having new cases of covid but people have to earn a living. We wear a mask when we are out and most others do too.
I am re-reading a book by Danielle Steel. I like her writing style and enjoy most of her novels.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I have read a few of her books but I like mysteries and other types of books better. Reading is good whatever it is.
I´m reading Dumas.
@RubyHawk (36983)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Good for you, I really should read more of the classics. I did years ago but not recently.
@thelme55 (46114)
Enjoy your fruits. I received newly a cooking book that I still have to read.
I'm glad you found some fruit at Sprouts. Enjoy the apples and watermelon while the others ripen. I don't have a lot of time to read right now. Enjoy your book.
@Deepizzaguy (37179)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am having a good time grocery shopping with my relative and going to the local food bank to get our monthly meal on Friday.