Engagement party jitters

Today was supposed to be our engagement party. The weather was supposed to be horrible so we changed it to tomorrow. It did pour for hours this morning until about 1pm but no heavy winds or thunderstorms like accuweather said there would be. Tomorrow there is supposed to be a thunderstorm at 1 but I’m crossing my fingers they are wrong. Even if they are correct hopefully the tents and everything will be okay and we can quick get things set up for the party at 2pm. It’s looking like about 20 people will be coming. Pretty much just our parents, siblings and their kids. I made macaroni salad, deviled eggs and cupcakes today. I have to frost the cupcakes in the morning and make one other thing. My fiancé is in charge of the salt potatoes, a grilled vegetable tray and all the meat. I wanted to share a photo with you guys of the rocks we painted. I did all but the cake. The cake was done by my very talented 16 year old daughter. The smaller rocks will go on the tables where people will sit to eat. The larger rock is going to sit a top the napkins to keep them from blowing away.
Congratulations dear I hope weather stays good tomorrow. Please delete the other post since you posted it twice
@Butterfingers The weather thundered and rained before the party and then poured again for a few minutes during the party. It doesn't show on my end that it is posted twice so the administration must have deleted the duplicate one for me. I hope I didn't miss any of the comments that were posted on the duplicate one.
Gee it's too bad you had to make the food for it, somebody should have offered to do that, but I bet you had a great day anyway!!! so colorful!
@snowy22315 my fiancé’s sister offered to make a cake but I said I’d have her make one for our wedding instead. My mother asked if she was supposed to bring something but I said no we were making all the food. I wanted our guests to come and enjoy themselves and my moms a terrible cook anyway . I made these cupcakes
@snowy22315 and these
@shaggin Interesting...what are they? Cookies..or what?
The rocks are wonderful. I hope the engagement part results in a good time for all.
@shaggin Those were great activities for the kids!!
Those are cute rocks. You have really nice writing.
• Midland, Michigan
The cake stone does look great and good idea to the the one to keep the napkins intact. I hope the storm goes elsewhere so nothing messed that party up.
23h
I love the rocks and hope your engagement party went well despite the rainy weather we had here, too.
@DaddyEvil (29339)
So... how did the party go? The rocks are all beautiful! And you and your daughter are both very talented! Uhm... did you save me a deviled egg? (Yes, I can make them myself but ones made by someone else always taste better. )
Those are really cute
Wow congratulations May the weather not disturb your life time memory
@louievill (27028)
Congratulations, I hope everything turns out well and according to plan
Very cute rocks. Have a wonderful party!
@SHOHANA (10902)
• Bangladesh
Those rocks are so cute, best of luck for your conjugal life