Listening to PM's address.....

@arunima25 (41556)
Bangalore, India
As I sit here with my laptop and mylot, I have switched on my TV to listen to our Prime Minister. He is addressing our nation on TV. His address has come a few times earlier too in this pandemic crisis. Today's address is mainly to give more pre poor schemes amidst this economic crisis. He is also requesting people to take necessary precautions and safety measures to ensure that the rate of infection is controlled. He emphasized on promoting the economics of our country by consuming more of our indigenous brands. I have always loved to listen to him. He is a great leader and a very popular PM.
Also our leaders asked us to buy at local stores and avoid to cross the border to help the local economy.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
I think worldwide countries have to become self independent with economy. Every country is badly hit and it would be good to support our local business and revive them.
@arunima25 Not all countries can be independent, I take the example of our small Switzerland, we need to import goods from European states, we are a mountain country, we cannot grow all fruits and vegetables.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
@LadyDuck Yes very true. But we should promote more of our local business wherever we can. Like in India, we tend to go for international brands though our country has indigenous brands for the same product. Even we can not be 100% independent. We need to import stuffs.
@birjudanak (13530)
Most of people like to listen him and once again he announced big thing to give food to poor till November. Its big thing to feed those who needed.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
And the population that we are feeding is more than population of many countries in world. That is something incredible. Yes help does not reach to may due to loopholes in our structure. But still it reaches to many.
@birjudanak (13530)
@arunima25 Yes in our country population is a lot and thus many not supporting as they seeing everything with political view.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
@birjudanak And the main problem is not having a proper structure and organization. Also corruption is at every level.
@jayanth_77 (5934)
Yes I too listened to PM Modi's speech on TV. Yes free food grains for the poor announcement made. Hope people follow his advice regarding the mask and social distancing and being self reliant.
@Nakitakona (30077)
Is he the Prime Minister? What's his name?
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Yes. His name is Narendra Modi.
@Nakitakona (30077)
@arunima25 oh yeah. I heard his name Modi. He has brought a great change in India, hasn't he?
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
@Nakitakona Yes. He is one strong leader and has done a lot of things in his first tenure. That's why came back in power with thumping majority. He is an honest man and has no charges of corruption in his long political career serving various roles.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wish we had a PM like that! Calls for caution (and modeling caution, I assume), and a common sense "solution." From a psychology perspective, that makes people feel more "in control," which can in turn actually lower cortisol levels, strengthening our immune systems.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
In last few addresses, he has been insisting on strengthening immunity through food and lifestyle changes. He is a very fit person and a big advocate of simple living and follows regular yoga. He has been asking people to do more of yoga and meditation to fight depression and to take foods to strengthen immunity. So along with economic relief, safety measures he talks of these simple ways. That makes him a leader connected to masses.
• Walnut Creek, California
@arunima25 Our Trump is somehow connected to poor, uneducated, white males. But he is not as strong with other demographics. I still maintain that his absence of "political correctness" (I abhor political correctness, though I would never have voted for Trump, is a part of what got him "elected."
• Israel
@arunima25 I am glad you like your Prime Minister. I go online to our news here to read what is going on in my country.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Most of us are going online for checking news these days. Since this address was making headlines in last one day, many people watched it live through various platforms.
• Israel
@arunima25 That is nice I go check out our news online all the time and even before the virus hit us. Now, I want to know what is going on here so it is important for me to read our news.
So glad you have a wonderful PM. Safety and the economy of one's country is the most important things right now.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Yes Dianne he is a wonderful leader and a very capable one. And the best part is he is very honest and simple. That's the reason he came back to second term with a thumping majority. Our country is facing multiple problems at present and he is dealing it well.
@arunima25 I’m so glad to hear it! Every country needs a strong leader. Ours should be kicked out on his ear!
It's good he's reaching out to the people to be cautious in this time of crisis.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
He is a popular leader and people follow him. But we have few people who do not understand the severity of situation. They misuse their freedom and democratic rights to overlook these measures and put many to risk.
@arunima25 It's sad they do.
All PMs have a very difficult job to do at the moment, trying to control the spread of disease and manage the economy at the same time. I'm glad you have a good man as your PM.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Our country is facing quite a few issue right now. ...It is a tough time. We have quite a few natural calamities too this year and on the top China is troubling with territory aggression. He is handling all of these in a very calm composed manner and seems very clear with his plan of action.
@arunima25 We've been hearing about the border issues. It must be a very worrying time for your government.
@anil02 (18706)
I know about but I like read in news paper. When country is facing many problem he is doing great.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Yes this year is really a challenging one...locust, corona, china and terrorism. And on the top a senseless leader of opposition. He is definitely handling all this with strength and dignity of a tall leader.
@anil02 (18706)
@arunima25 In last month prices of petrol raised some more but I don't listed for big agitation for it, it is because peoples have believe in Modi and know that he is doing it in best interest of country
@sarik1 (2141)
Yes i listened to speech .
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
I think whole nation waits for his addresses.
@sarik1 (2141)
@arunima25 Yes you are right.
@nitirrbb7 (3905)
Did you receive an electricity bill 5 times more? If yes then the pm wouldn't have sounded so pleasing.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Nope I have not received any unusual bill. And I am happy with the way he is handling things.
@db20747 (30127)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
This sounds like it was a good address with a good agenda for the country
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Yes. He has addressed the nation a few times in this crisis and each time he tried to connect to people, make them aware of seriousness of situation and also announced economic relief package for poors.
It's good that he is giving you guidance on what to do. It's not easy with all that's going on.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
It is a challenging time for leaders across the world. Every country is going through the worst crisis of times in terms of health, economy and emotional well being of country.
@JohnKu (396)
Yep, we gotta stand together in this trying time.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Yes it is a challenging fight for the whole of humanity and we need to stand together for each other and with each other. Hopefully this shall pass soon
That is a wonderful thing when a leader has the trust of the people.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
He is a credible leader. He has a good experience of governing at state level for 12 years. And due to his good first term, he won with a greater thumping majority in his second term.
Good you like to listen him
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Not a big fan of his oration skill but definitely of his action as a tall and dignified leader. He is handling all the multiple problems quite well.
• Agra, India
Yes...he is a good man for sure .
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
Luckily we have a strong PM right now. Our country is facing so many challenges simultaneously. He is handling them well.
I hope that he offers some help thru his words. Our Prime Minister has done daily addresses to our country since late February. He has a lot of financial assistance programs in place for people who are out of work. Hopefully your country can offer something, until this passes.
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
The assistance is reaching to maximum poor but still a few are left out as they are not registered in system. Now he has asked state governments to work towards that so that it can reach to more and more needy. Ours is a huge population and growing economy. So implementation of any scheme is a bit challenging. But still the job of this government is worth appreciation.
• Cuddalore, India
Sadly nothing is working
@arunima25 (41556)
• Bangalore, India
But looking at the population density, we can say that we are not so bad. Lockdown can not be forever. Sadly people do nor realize their social responsibility. Not taking the situation seriously is the main cause of this spread. I still find people walking around without mask in crowded place. Now no one can help such morons.