I’m sorry for the inappropriate topic...

@sol_cee (22884)
I don’t know in other countries but from where I am, boys undergo circumcision at a certain age, especially during summer vacation when the school year is over. Although it’s completely bull, young boys tend to believe growing up that if they don’t get circumcised, they’re not real men. Lots of teasing (and bullying) happen to those who haven’t done the deed. So my 10 year old son is really eager to prove his manhood. He and his two male cousins were already ‘preparing’ themselves for the rite of passage as early as February this year. Unfortunately because of the pandemic, it was postponed again and again. But finally last week, they got what they ‘wanted’. My husband accompanied him to the doctor and I was very, very nervous waiting for update. Husband said my son cried and I felt like crying for him. At some point, I blamed culture and tradition and people for putting young boys in pain. Photo is my mood right now.
@cherigucchi (8341)
My son had it 3 years ago and it was a laser.
@sol_cee (22884)
Was it painless?
@sol_cee It was but it was only for awhile.
@sol_cee (22884)
@cherigucchi I thought so. Was it more expensive than non-laser?
@Lavanya15 (6067)
• Chennai, India
In the small age it not good behavior I think. But in your country it is your culture then must need to change lol. Other wise we need to face like those struggles. Hope he is safe, take care of him.
@sol_cee (22884)
How about in your country? Is it also a tradition?
@Lavanya15 (6067)
• Chennai, India
@sol_cee no yaar.. Hear we have different and unique tradition. Kids must be in parents control until they get married at age of 25 lol. So this issues not occur hear.
@sol_cee (22884)
@Lavanya15 In parents control means?
Both my boys had it as infants. It’s a religious thing with Jewish children. I’m all for it and prefer the look.
• Israel
@DianneN Thank you Dianne. I was trying to explain that is part of our culture and it is done when Jewish babies are 8 days old.
I am so sorry, I know that some culture pretends that it is for hygiene, here in Europe boys do NOT undergo circumcision, I know they do in the United States (about 30% of boys) but, as Jewish, they do when they are still very young babies, in the USA they do to Newborn. Doctors warned that circumcision is not necessary and the industrialized world is turning against circumcision.
@sol_cee (22884)
I have a cousin who underwent circumcision when he was a baby but had to do it again when he was older because it wasn’t done correctly.
@sol_cee Less than 15% of European babies undergo circumcision and those who do are for religion believes (Muslims and Jewish). Routine circumcision (as they do in many US states) it is not considered appropriate. You live in a hot and humid country, this should prevent urinary tract infection, even from what I read here, many US males suffer of this infection, I know no one among my family and male friends here in Europe who ever had this problem... of course we use a bidet!
@thelme55 (45794)
It is not an inappropriate topic. It is an interesting topic. I am sorry for the pain of your son. It is our culture that made it so. Philippines was a Muslim country before the Spaniards came and this tradition of manhood was carried on until this modern age.
@sol_cee (22884)
Oh, I just thought that some might not feel comfortable with the topic.
@thelme55 (45794)
@sol_cee yes, that was what I thought, too. It seems our fellow Mylotters are openminded and that is good.
I think it was good for him to have circumsicion, even though it's late.
@sol_cee (22884)
Still, I feel sorry for him feeling all the pain
@moonandstars (38319)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i didn't know this exists in your culture. i thought and heard that this applies only to jewish children. o, dear
@ridingbet (65726)
eventually, they will brag about being real men 'na'.
@birjudanak (13539)
Sorry about it and its painful whatever age I think. I can't say much because every culture has its belief. In my religion this kind of thing not happen.
• Israel
@sol_cee That is what we do as Jews when the baby boy is 8 days old. I noticed that others also do it. Yes, Jewish baby boys cry too. I am sure it hurts. That is something that is a part of our culture and it is healthy to do it.
It is a custom here, the Christian I believe, to have a baby boy undergo circumcision shortly after birth. It seems it has always been that way regarding my religions.
My boys were circumcised right after birth, easier for all involved.
Our boys were circumcised as babies. It was the culture/tradition at the time.