Doing What’s Best for Them

Happy August everyone! It’s a beautiful sunny and lovely day here. Hubby, our son, and I played a round of golf today. I’m the big loser, but had lots of laughs. The decision was made not to send our grandkids back to school in New York City. They will live in their home in New Jersey and continue online schooling for as long as necessary. Hubs and I are so happy they bought this house. Who knew at the time they’d be living in it for so long. We only want what’s best for them and don’t trust whatever the schools have planned for safety from the virus. It was an easy choice for my older son and his wife to make. The kids are happy, too.
• Agra, India
Here also all schooling is online
Glad to hear it. Lots of schools are opening in our country, but I think it's the worst thing anyone can do for their children and themselves.
• Agra, India
@DianneN here though the schools aren't opening even if they open parents would not be sending their kids
@amitkokiladitya We have many parents here that wouldn't send their kids, and also a lot of idiots that would. The latter are not the mask wearing believers.
@CarolDM (88477)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Have a great weekend. Nice photo. Glad they are happy.
Thanks and you, too.
@CarolDM (88477)
• Nashville, Tennessee
That's great they'll do the online classes. I love the picture. At least you had fun while losing your golf game this morning.
It's the best solution for them and thanks. Willing to try that maneuver with me? I always have fun while losing at golf. Still getting errors? I've been out all afternoon since reading Scar. Love it!!!!!
@DianneN I agree. I know the schools will be opening in the fall. I wonder if it's the best solution. Your son and daughter-in-law are wise parents. I'm glad you always have fun while losing at golf. Yes, I've had a few this morning, but not as bad and I've gotten into two of my posts that I couldn't before. So maybe there's hope. I'm so glad you love Scarred. Thank you.
@just4him Love Scarred! I tried getting into your posts today, but all I got were long waits and errors. I'll try when it's not so busy on here. I have a busy day coming up as it is.
That sounds like a reasonable decision. They will have more room there too.
Thanks. They do have a lot more room there and not far from ice hockey practice and figure skating practice (all done safely with masks and social distancing with no more than a few kids), so they get to see their friends, too.
@DianneN That's awesome!
@JohnKu (2605)
Good choice. Physically going to school is still forbidden here too.
It was an easy choice - a no brainer. Safety should come first and so glad it's forbidden in your country.
That’s wonderful they are going to stay home and do schooling online. With the cases being so high there I’m surprised they are even opening the schools back up. My two are going back but I will be babysitting my niece and my nephew and doing cyber school with him and teaching my niece at a pre-k level. I taught my daughter at home at that age too and she is super smart. My niece reminds me of her a lot.
Their cases are way down, but a second wave is expected. You will make a wonderful teacher for your niece and nephew. Good luck to your kids!
@DianneN they will be much safer at home and if you visit them you will be safer too
@jobelbojel (16415)
Yes, for their safety. The best thing parents and grandparents can do for now - the very first step.
I agree. We don't want them getting the virus or bring it home.
@jobelbojel (16415)
@DianneN That is correct. Who would want that, right?
@shubhu3 (35492)
• New Delhi, India
That is a good decision. Safety is most important. Here as well, schools are closed and online classes are occurring for students.
Thanks and I am so glad schools are closed there, too.
@shubhu3 (35492)
• New Delhi, India
@DianneN Yes.
I would do the same. Best for all to be safe. Health is the top priority.
I know you would. Safety and health should always come first.
I think that's a wise decision for your grandchildren to continue doing their schooling online. NYC is still a mess and I would be hesitant to send kids back to school there too. Still don't know what the plans are for my grandson and his high school. They originally decided to split the week between the students but now it's not necessarily the case. My daughter is waiting to hear and she just might opt out and keep him home too.
It's a tough decision to make, but we all must do what is best for the kids and our own health, too. New York is actually doing very well with the cases, but one can never tell. The rotten thing is that my grandson attends a very expensive private school and the online classes cost the same.
@msdivkar (13263)
Good morning and happy August to you also. Nice decision not to send the kids to school and persist with online classes.
Thanks! Nothing like a beautiful beginning to a new month. School is too dangerous to attend right now.
@SHOHANA (14614)
• Bangladesh
Attending online classes is a wise decision for your grand kids that's all I believe. Life and safety come first
Thank you! I totally agree. I'm also happy that I'm not a teacher anymore. I would quit on the spot if I had to go in to school to teach.
@SHOHANA (14614)
• Bangladesh
@DianneN you can continue as online teacher if you prefer.
@SHOHANA I would have hated that. Now, I'm happily retired.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
That is great, I always said that it is too soon having kids go back to school it's just not safe yet.
Thanks. I feel the same way.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@DianneN I don't understand why everybody is rushing this process, hardly anybody conforms to the rules and regulations, so this virus will never end if this keeps going on.
@gr8nana6 Our leader is to blame for not having a plan for the country and enforcing it.
@birjudanak (14639)
Yes its a good decision to not send them school as its very risky as they kids they don't know much about it. That's good exercises which they doing and i should have try too.
Health and safety should always come first. I am sure you can do what the kids are doing. I won't even try it now!
@birjudanak (14639)
@DianneN Nope i also cant do it haha
@LeaPea2417 (29068)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Glad they are happy. Best wishes for them for this school year.
Thanks so much. I'm sure they would rather be in school, but this works out well for them.
@franxav (8115)
Our children are following online classes too but they are eager to go back to school
I understand. Fortunately, the kids see a few of their friends at ice hockey practice and figure skating practice in a safe environment. That helps a lot.
@UncleJoe (18361)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
The kids appear to be heels over head about it too.
Yes, they are. They love their classes. Our grandson will still be receiving schooling from his school with his friends, and my granddaughter loves her online school. It’s much more challenging than her school in NY.
Wonderful to have a great option.
Not much choice. Go to school and get sick or not.
@DianneN apparently Alberta schools are going back.
@paigea Perhaps it's because the virus isn't as bad there as it is here.
@wolfgirl569 (32026)
• Marion, Ohio
That is a good idea. Glad they are doing it.
Thanks, and I am relieved.
@wolfgirl569 (32026)
• Marion, Ohio
@DianneN A neighbor of mine is looking for face shields for her grandson as he has asthma and right now his school is planning to open up.
@wolfgirl569 Wow! Asthma is tough to have with the virus so rampant.
@nela13 (35481)
• Portugal
We still don't how school will be here, only in September we will know. I think your son and his wife took the right decision.
School won't start here until September. There has been talk about which day or hours for certain students to come in, half days for others, alternating, etc. Bottom line, it's wacko! Online is safer for everyone here. The second wave of the virus should be hitting in the fall, too.
@nela13 (35481)
• Portugal
@DianneN here they are talking about a second wave too.
@nela13 I heard Spain is getting bad again.