For Today

@sallypup (39897)
Moses Lake, Washington
Just for today I will do what appears to be helping my shirts to fit looser. Two weeks ago hubby went to the doc. He came out saying that he had been recorded at a weight about forty pounds higher than he'd ever dreamed of. (Does a person ever dream of being fat as Santa?) So..... he swore off refined sugar and slowed way way down on cheese. I find it hard to eat one way while my dearest eats another. We continue to eat brown rice, noodles, and hearty home bread. I ate the last bit of New Zealand cheese yesterday. We also eat home peanut butter. We do not eat chicken or beef at home. We eat some faux meat products but mostly we're back to home stuff like sunflower patties (carrots and zucchini shredded in there.) Home eggs when the hens give us some. So on I go, pigging out on a locally raised peach, home bread and some store butter. And I am delighted that my shirt is looser. I am not down a size but at this point, I am glad for any progress.
I'm glad you're making progress. I looked at those faux meats in the store. They are very high in sodium. I put it back. I'll stick to regular meat which isn't high in sodium. Mostly right now, I eat fish as it's lower in calories than meat.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@just4him I hear you about the sodium. And those faux meats are so processed. At least when I make my own, there are real vegies and garlic powder in them. You need some salt to keep your body regulated but its easy to go over board.
@sallypup Yes, you do and that's all I try to have, what's natural to the product, nothing added. I was amazed when I started paying attention to all the food that has sodium in it naturally.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@just4him Raw celery has quite a bit of salt in it.
@arunima25 (42586)
• Bangalore, India
Seems like you are all determined to make all healthy changes. Any progress no matter how small it is, is always inspiring and motivating.
@Blondie2222 (25596)
Yes I hate eating bad when I know someone dear to me is dieting. I myself am starting to go on a diet as I've also gained to much weight since being home all the time. I just need to cut back on sugar and sweets and eat better.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Blondie2222 For a while there I just grabbed the easiest food in the store and got out. For sure sugar and ready made pastries are a comfort when I don't want to think about how sad-freaky the world is right now.
@Blondie2222 (25596)
@sallypup yeah i try to stay away from those foods though. I try to eat as healthy as i can but sometimes doesn't always work.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Blondie2222 I'm with you. I'm back to staying away from that junk food.
@Adie04 (8976)
Losing weight is harder than gaining weight. I'm envy those who can eat and not gain any weight at all.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Adie04 I'm with you there. I always wonder how they do it?
@Adie04 (8976)
@sallypup I totally have no idea
@Adie04 I wish I knew, because my husband does not gain.
Changing how you eat can be really difficult, but sometimes it just has to be done. I hope you and hubby can keep it up.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @snowy22315 There's one store in particular that I need to watch my grabs especially. I go there to get hubby's vitamins but its too easy to wander into the three aisles of processed goodies.
@sallypup maybe you need blinders
@CarolDM (88628)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Glad you are seeing a different. A little at a time seems to be the best way.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM I am not the weigh and measure type. Its like being my own accountant and when I do that, I go the other way so slow and easy for me.
@CarolDM (88628)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@sallypup You are doing fine, whatever is the best for your husband, you make it work for you.
I need to get on the scale, but I never find my home scale to be accurate.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GardenGerty Use your clothes as your scale.
@wolfgirl569 (32102)
• Marion, Ohio
You will see more as time goes on.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 Thanks for the confidence.
It's great that you both are so much better off now that you changed your eating. It's hard to do sometimes.
@sallypup (39897)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AmbiePam Its horribly hard to do. There are tons too many temptations in the markets.
@Sambriel (1580)
Happy for you and hubby ,hopefully sooner or later youll get the hang of it!
Great progress!
@sophie09 (20973)
I think that is a great progress!
It's difficult, but any bit of progress is a cause of satisfaction.
@LindaOHio (43470)
I'm glad to hear that your shirt is looser. I hope your hubs can drop some of the weight. Have a great weekend.
@gr8nana6 (6284)
• Hamilton, Ohio
That is great news, keep it up.
I have been trying to eat a little better as well, maybe by the end of the pandemic, we will all be a little healthier.
@JohnKu (2606)
Nice to hear you were able to slim down your body.
I don't eat bread but I won't give up my pasta, love that stuff. I don't weigh myself that often but I know I've lost 5 lbs since last year.
Glad that you are making your shirt looser
Yes, any progress is cause for celebration!!