Sometimes you wonder why you qualified for a survey ??

@topffer (41081)
France
This one started to ask me if I had been to "NSW National parks". I did not knew what they were meaning by "NSW", but I have been to a few National parks, so I responded "yes", and I brillantly qualified to a survey about my future projects of trekking in New South-Wales, Australia. And when they asked me if I identified as an aboriginal... At this stupid question, I could not resist and responded "Yes", the proof is that I hunt rats with a boomerang in the bush starting at the feet of the Eiffel tower to feed my family. Sometimes you also wonder why they pay you ?? Yes, I was paid for this one. Call me Wallaroo, it is my aboriginal name.
Some surveys are just stupid.
@topffer (41081)
• France
True, you summarize it very well.
@jobelbojel (18126)
I have not tried the experience of answering survey.
@topffer (41081)
• France
It is a bit frustrating, but you may earn a few pocket money with surveys.
@jobelbojel (18126)
@topffer I tried 2 or 3 times. After answering the survey, it says I am not qualified.
@topffer (41081)
• France
@jobelbojel This is what happens most of the time... I gave up on surveys several times.
@LindaOHio (47024)
Now that I'm older I usually don't qualify for surveys. Your experience with that survey was humorous! Have a good day.
@topffer (41081)
• France
I had fun with this one, where I qualified by accident.
I'm also much too old for surveys. I always cheat concerning my age. I find the age restriction silly. Many old people have more money to spend than the young ones.
@florelway (14243)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@MALUSE sometimes I prefer not answering the age portion, in some cases I succeeded in finishing up a survey. You're right older people seldom qualify.
@FourWalls (27838)
• Louisville, Kentucky
No, I don’t wonder. I just chalk it up to “qualifying” meaning that they got my name from some other company’s mailing list. Now we’ll have to sing that Men At Work song to you: “you come from a land Down Under.”
@topffer (41081)
• France
I am sure they have my name and location, but I refuse to respond to questions about ethnicity, they are forbidden here. I may get later a bad note to have made fun, but I rarely respond to surveys, so that would be alright. And at the last question asking if they could contact me again for another survey, I responded "No".
@FourWalls (27838)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@topffer — I hate our surveys that ask that, especially “are you Latino.” Why is that the only ethnicity they are interested in?!?! Wish that was forbidden in America, too!!
@topffer (41081)
• France
@FourWalls I have had that too, and indeed I responded "yes", although not a Latino would believe it, not because of my Spanish, but of my green eyes and red beard.
aw, thanks so much fer this! got quite the chuckle't yer answerin', lol. i don't do surveys, tried some years 'go 'n found i aint their sort'a material. which's good. data miners... glad ya got paid, too, wallaroo ;)
@topffer (41081)
• France
I qualified by accident, and I am not sure they will be pleased of my answers. Anyways offering this survey in France was plain stupidity.
@topffer lol, 'greed! those folks'll data mine from wheree'er they can though. what info they can't use, they sell to others.
Surprised to see that question. There are times that I want to answer a question wrong on purpose. I only do one National survey site now.
@topffer (41081)
• France
I rarely do surveys and I responded "no" to the last question of this one asking me if they could contact me again for another survey. Questions about ethnicity are forbidden here, and when there is not a "I don't want to respond" option, I always give a fake answer.
Funny! You're not the only one who invents an alternative biography for surveys. :-)
@topffer (41081)
• France
I don't do surveys often and I rarely cheat, but asking your ethnicity in a survey is forbidden in France, and I refuse to answer these kind of questions... when an option is there to not respond. Otherwise, I always give a wrong response, question of principle.
Oh my, you're a dinki-di Aussie now!! Welcome to the mob.
@topffer (41081)
• France
That's a very recent change. I need to buy a hat like Crocodile Dundee now.
@topffer Don't forget the big knife!!
@topffer (41081)
• France
@JudyEv Even a small knife would put me into troubles here
• Pamplona, Spain
Well hiya Wallaroo how der yer dooo? You have made me grin from ear to ear. We are just liking you to make us laff Good on yer bro G´day now and keep those chortles coming.
@topffer (41081)
• France
This survey put me in a good mood yesterday, I needed to share the laughter. Have a good day Sue
• Pamplona, Spain
@topffer Its infectious tops you keep that coming a wallaroo indeed its really funny and thank you roo for sharing and letting us wallaroo in the laffs kid.
@topffer (41081)
• France
@lovinangelsinstead21 A weird thing is that I created wallaroo by mixing wallaby and kangaroo, and found today that it was already existing and was coming from an aboriginal word
• Agra, India
Actually it astonishes me when I qualify for the surveys even after repeated failures
@topffer (41081)
• France
Qualifying to this one really astonished me.
• Agra, India
@topffer I'm glad your efforts were well paid off.
@topffer (41081)
• France
@nawala123 (18277)
It often happens in online surveys
@topffer (41081)
• France
This one was stupid, but, yes, it is often difficult to tell why you qualified.
@nawala123 (18277)
@topffer lol yeah dude
@psanasangma (4665)
This demography survey is really a thing that allows to qualify when company target particular participants. Recently I was disqualified because I am single
@topffer (41081)
• France
I qualified to this one by accident, I never know what is the right criterion to qualify before qualifying. And a few times I have been eliminated after 15 mn ; it is dishonest but happens.
@topffer yes, sometimes it happens that you filled all the questionnaires and at the end while directing to the main page, message displaying " we are looking slightly different profile".. this really disappoint me
@JESSY3236 (13267)
lol I accidently had put on a survey once that I was black. I wasn't qualified for it. But yeah some surveys are stupid.
@topffer (41081)
• France
This one was stupid, or not intended for international use. I am quite sure that I am the only aboriginal speaking French at home.
@RebeccasFarm (10179)
• Denver, Colorado
No harm done you aborigine you wild man of Borneo
@topffer (41081)
• France
Aboriginals in Borneo ? Probably. We are invading the world
@moonandstars (43382)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
they force us to do this so, what to say
@topffer (41081)
• France
I was not forced, I qualified because I have been stupid
• Shenzhen, China
you qualified with luck,i once did that. sometimes,don't know the answer for the question,but passed through by luck. occasionally,i recalled the reason for pass,and found out some unexpected points.
@topffer (41081)
• France
I qualified by luck, mistake or stupidity, but offering this survey to France was also stupid. It is funny when you qualify like this and even better when you are paid. It made me in a good mood yesterday.
@Jazz96 (329)
I was never good at getting paying surveys. None ever turned out to pay me
@topffer (41081)
• France
I often gave up on surveys. Then times to times you are qualified with an UFO like this one. Better not trying to understand