My mom the jet setter

By Faye
@FayeHazel (33951)
Well everyone, my mom is quite the jetsetter. That is to say she's on vacation again. And that is to say that she is in the hospital again. Sigh. How I wish she were on real vacation instead. So, it seemed like a gallbladder attack that wasn't letting up, and finally last night she chose to go in. Except for it, apparently, is a kidney attack, a UTI, again. Long story short she will like need (another) tube coming from her back - out her kidney. She has one already in her left, she will likely need one coming out of her right as well. All this is due to treatments of radiation that she had in the 80s. Well she is a comfortable now, and in a good mood and I'm happy she didn't get as sick this time and hope she can come home sooner. Photo: Pixabay user Julius Silver
@thelme55 (51668)
How I wish she is on a real vacation. I hope she feels better soon.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Ah me too my friend, thank you
@thelme55 (51668)
@FayeHazel You are very welcome. I hope you have a nice Thursday.
@FayeHazel (33951)
@thelme55 Thanks! You toO!
Poor woman. She's tough to be going through all of that.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks... yeah she's been through so so much. Easily the strongest human I know
Oh, I am so saddened by this news. My dad had bladder cancer in his late 80s, and radiation damaged the ureter in one of his kidneys, and he had to have a stent replaced every 6 months. The last time the stent was replaced, Dad was age 94. Scared me because it took so long for Dad to figure who I was, where he was, who he was and on and on thanks to his negative reaction to anesthesia. No more stent replacements for Dad after that.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Sorry to hear about your dad needing that too. Same situation - the radiation damaged a ureter (actually on both sides) . Im happy the radiation kills cancer, but .... man.... sure is damaging otherwise too. Wow. That is a scary reaction from the anesthesia !
@moonandstars (43481)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
and i really thought she went on a cruise or somethingwhat radiation in the 80s,if i may ask?
@FayeHazel (33951)
Ah yes. I wish. We will have to travel when all this pandemic is done . :-) Oh, radiation treatment. In '86 she had cervical cancer and it couldn't be removed surgically, so she had radiation treatment, which got rid of the cancer, happily, but caused problems down the road now. There needs to be better treatment options
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@FayeHazel i thought you meant the area you live and that it came form some factory. i mean, it's still horrible. i read about radiation so, every time i need to take a photo of my teeth for example, i hate to go through radiation due to side-effects possibility. i'm sorry. ii hope she'll beat this and that you really go somewhere except hospital
@FayeHazel (33951)
@moonandstars Oh yeah, I understand how that could be the understanding, some people are unfortunate enough to be living close to radiation. Ah, happily enough - modern day X-Rays and images have only a very small amount of radiation to them. You're safe :-) Amazing enough, I listened to an audiobook "Radium Girls". In the 1940s here it was the fashion for clocks and watches to have glowing dials. They glow because of radioactivity in radium paint. Sadly to say the women who worked painting there didn't fare well it was a sad story. Ah yes often I've thought that cancer survivors need a better form of treatment. Radiation treatment can kill the bad cancer, but cause issues later. Momma is tough, and thank you, she is home and so much better now :-)
• Rupert, Idaho
Ouch...I am so sorry to hear about that. I am glad to hear she is comfortable now (or at that point when you wrote this) and hopefully she is doing okay right now.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks my friend. She's still doing alright, though some aches and pains now again. Happily they do procedure on Friday and hopefully she'll be feeling better
• Rupert, Idaho
@FayeHazel No problem! That's good she is doing alright....sorry about the pains and aches that are there. That's good they do that tomorrow, sending good thoughts!
@FayeHazel (33951)
@MommyOfEli2013 Thanks so much my friend :-)
• Israel
@FayeHazel That is not good news that she is in the hospital again. I am sorry about that. That sounds horrible. I am praying for you both and hope it gets better for her and for you so you do not have to worry about her.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks so much dear friend
• Israel
@FayeHazel You are so welcome.
I'm sorry she's vacationing in the hospital again. I hope it won't be a long vacation and she can come home soon. My prayers are going up.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thank you so much. We appreciate that
@FayeHazel You're welcome.
@sophie09 (24822)
looking at the picture makes me craving for beach
@FayeHazel (33951)
You and me alike
@sophie09 (24822)
@FayeHazel yes its been awhile since the last time i visit beach
Sorry to hear about your Mum's illness. Tubes coming out your back wouldn't be any fun.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks! Ah yes, she's had the one tube for 2 years now. I admit it looks funky, but it is much needed
@louievill (27481)
My prayers for your family, being sick or having somebody who is sick is a real heavy burden, I wish her to get well soon.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks so much. You are right. It's hard to watch from the outside.... stressful but knowing you can't do a thing about it . I hope she feels better soon she deserves to
It sounds perfectly miserable. I am glad you she is in a good mood and taking it like a trooper.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks. She really does amaze me
I'm sorry about your mom. I hope she gets better soon
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks! She is comfortable now - and I hope she doesn't be sick like this for a long time now
@Ronrybs (10478)
• London, England
Sorry to hear the news and wishing your mother the best.
@FayeHazel (33951)
Thanks so much!