Why I have decided to discriminate against all Asians.

Walnut Creek, California
I have decided to discriminate against anyone who is Asian. That includes Filipinos, as Filipinos look Asian to me, even if they're Islanders mixed with Spanish and American people. Why have I made this decision? Because my MyLot account has been brutally attacked by a pop-up ad that says something like "Stop Anti-Asian Discrimination." The ad makes it impossible for me to write the most basic comment without editing it over and over. It is offensive to me beause...well...I live in California. Guess what! If you include Indians (and Pakistanis) there are more Asians here than there are Europeans. But nobody gives a sh*t. We all treat each other kindly and live in peace together. So stop trying to screw up my MyLot experience with some divisive BS that does not exist (here). Let us live in peace and set an example for the rest of the goddam world. By the way, in case you are an idiot, I will not discriminate against Asians. But I WILL avoid clicking on CRAP that is not relevant to me. Please let me eat my Palak Paneer (that a neighbor bought me) in frigging peace.
@PatZAnthony (14639)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
You had me worried for a second. I wondered what in the world you were going to say and how the article was still here. I've never understood how anyone could be against a race just because of one bad experience. Yet it happens often enough
• Walnut Creek, California
I DO understand how SEVERAL experiences can lead to that evil they call "prejudice." I have never had a Chinese, Thai, Filipino (with one exception), Japanese, Indian, Pakistani or "other" Asian call me a bad name or attack me based on my race!
@Torunn (7089)
• Norway
So we should stop discriminating against people who are anti-Asian? That doesn't make sense. Hope you enjoy the Palak Paneer!
• Walnut Creek, California
It was yummy! It's funny. At my college (sort of a "hippy" college in Iowa) one of the memes back in the day (before "meme" was a meme) the kids (college kids, that is) used to say, "The only thing we're intolerant of is intolerance." I did not like that meme. If someone has a prejudice, I'd rather discuss with them where that prejudice came from than be "intolerant" of them or their beliefs.
@Torunn (7089)
• Norway
@TheHorse That's a good point. If you just write them off with "that's stupid" they'll probably get worse.
• Walnut Creek, California
@Torunn I have some interesting stories from the college where I teach. One Asian student, an immigrant who came here in childhood, told me in a paper that his parents taught him (as a child) to play with other Asian kids, and to avoid black kids. I can't fault him for what his parents taught him.
I never get those pop-ups and I see also the other Europeans do not get them.
• Walnut Creek, California
Interesting. I hadn't realized that others in Europe are not getting them.
@TheHorse I see that Fiacre does not get the pop-up JimbBo From Scotland, Torrun from Norway and Thelma from Germany also do not see them. The Russian are spying American users.
• Walnut Creek, California
@LadyDuck that must be it! Dang Russians.
@nawala123 (20085)
As asian,i gonna say "thank you mate"
• Walnut Creek, California
Cook me some good food (but not adobo) and maybe I'll forgive you for being Asian!
@nawala123 (20085)
@TheHorse i am so grateful for your mercy
• Walnut Creek, California
@nawala123 Heh. Of course, in all honesty, I'm glad that people of all colors and flavors get along pretty well here in California.
@florelway (14787)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Never experienced those annoying pop up add.
• Walnut Creek, California
Anna has suggested that only Americans get them. Russian spies?
@florelway (14787)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TheHorse haha it's possible
• Walnut Creek, California
@florelway Four more years of Trump? I'd consider moving to Canada or France. If they'd have me.
@LindaOHio (49013)
I'm sorry you've been having such a problem with pop-ups...and with such BS. We are all one family here as you know. Hope you can have a great Sunday.
• Walnut Creek, California
Eh, both of my football teams sucked.
@oahuwriter (16751)
Hi.
• Walnut Creek, California
Hi right back atcha. Wait. Are you Asian? You'd better bring me some good eats or I'm going to discriminate against you. I'll send my Lear jet tomorrow. I will provide the tea. Do you prefer black or green?
@oahuwriter (16751)
@TheHorse Green tea please. Well, to begin how about shabu shabu style cooking, or a no stuck shush kabob cooking with thin slices of beef, slices of green peppers, round onions, zucchini and button mushrooms. All simmering on a hibachi readying to be devoured as hit as you can stand it. Dessert is 2 scoops of ice cream of your choice in a dish. Me I'll take 2 scoops of rocky road for dessert.
@Dheasy (116)
I am asian. And you're right
• Walnut Creek, California
I have met a few ardent Trump supporters here in the US who blame the Corona virus on China. But I doubt they would discriminate against individual Asians who came into their business or wanted a tour of their museum.
I agree with you some of those pop up are out of control.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yeah. It's getting pretty ridiculous.
@arunima25 (47026)
• Bangalore, India
Sorry for that annoying pop up. And today I had palak paneer in my lunch. I have lived in California and that's a vibrant place with so many different cultures staying together.
• Walnut Creek, California
It really is. But one Indian friend in my apartment complex says he misses India. He says people seem more "isolated" here. He misses the markets, the fast pace of life, etc.
@thelme55 (53299)
I hate those kinds of pop-ups. I am glad I donĀ“t have that here on our computer and on my gadgets.
@Janet357 (60543)
This is the first time I hear about that app.
Ok ok, we get it. It's ok, everyone has a right to discriminate .... I discriminate against people who hunt for the fun of killing and I'm not kidding.
• Walnut Creek, California
I do too, actually.
@iridion9 (12267)
So your wife or GF is asian? pinay? lol
• Walnut Creek, California
My girlfriend is a cat! (It's my friends who cook me Indian, Chinese, or Thai food, not Kitty).