Getting Out

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's a beautiful day in Green Bay. There's a nice breeze and the sun is shining. I asked my sister if she would get some papers taken care of I needed to have dropped off for my six-month FoodShare report. She gladly did so and asked if I wanted to get out for a little bit. Of course, I wanted out of the apartment. So, away I went. I didn't have too much trouble getting into her SUV. I gave her the directions where I needed to go to drop off the paperwork and then we went to my favorite park and watched the bay for a short while. There were a lot of people taking advantage of the park. The waves were nice as they washed onto the shore. With so many people around, we didn't get out of the vehicle and came home after a short time. She's out now taking advantage of the beautiful weather to walk on my trail. Well, not my trail, but the one I always walk on. It will be good when I can walk it again. I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken a couple of pictures. The grass was completely mown now and not as wild-looking as it was the last time I was there. That was my afternoon. How is your Sunday going? Thanks for reading. The image is another from one of my visits to the park.
@CarolDM (98593)
Happy your day is going well. Love the photo. A beautiful one here as well.
Thank you. I'm glad you have a nice day there too.
@CarolDM (98593)
@just4him All week is suppose to be nice too.
@CarolDM My sister said the same thing. I haven't seen the forecast today.
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds like a nice time getting out...that's good to hear
It was, thank you.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him That's great, and no problem!
Your sister is a real gem. You know I love that photo of the waves. Hubs and I recently returned from a nice little walk around the neighborhood.
Yes, she is. Thank you. I love being near the water. It's so peaceful. I'm glad you had a nice walk around the neighborhood. I won't be walking until spring since by the time both knees are pain-free it will be Christmas and lots of wonderful snow on the ground.
I'm sure you will be walking there very soon!
Not until spring, but it will be good when I get out there again.
@arunima25 (47450)
• Bangalore, India
It was so nice of your sister to come and help you. I bet it would have felt great to go out of apartment for a short drive. And I am sure very soon you will be walking back on that trail
Yes, it was nice to have her here. It will be spring when I get on the trail again. I have my second knee replacement next month and then there will be snow on the ground. I look forward to walking it again.
@arunima25 (47450)
• Bangalore, India
@just4him Looking at your will and strength I am sure you willGetting surgery done in winters is always good. It is convenient and it seems to heal faster.
@arunima25 Thank you. I have therapy this morning. I will see how much more I can bend my knee. I know I worked hard this weekend to increase the bend. Yes, winter is the best time to get it done. Then when spring comes I can get out and walk and do what I did before. Though I expect to be back in the pool after the first of the year.
@xiaolisu (1272)
I like the scenery is this a lake or the ocean
This is a bay that connects to one of the Great Lakes. Thank you. It's from my favorite park.
@xiaolisu (1272)
@just4him i see have you been to Niagara waterfall
@xiaolisu I have never been to Niagara. Why do you say that? That picture is the bay near my home.
@sophie09 (29329)
it must feel good to finally feel the air and get out.
It really did. Thank you.
@sophie09 (29329)
@just4him i need fresh air. it must feel good to be there
@sophie09 Yes, it did.
brilliant ya got out'ta the 'partment 'n got to sit'n watch the waters kiss the shore. i'm sure many folks 'twas millin' 'bout, 'njoyin' such a purty day. my sunday 'twas busy, which'd be why i'm so late here now. great day with the ponies!
Thank you. It was wonderful. I'm glad you had a great day with the ponies.
@just4him yer welcome :) 'lways a good'un to be out with 'em.
@crazyhorseladycx And they love their scratches too so it's a win for everyone.
@ptrikha_2 (26596)
Glad that you had some nice weather to enjoy. Here days are getting more pleasant and humidity is also a bit less. And winters are still far. The bad part is that with so many Covid cases still around, we cannot travel around much.
That is the bad part here too. COVID cases are high here. Thank you, it was good to get out.
@ptrikha_2 (26596)
@just4him Yes with even US Prez getting it means that nobody is safe.
@kobesbuddy (110237)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Sunday was a nice day here, even though it's getting colder. I love it this way! I'm glad you went out for a while, this is good for your healing process
I'm glad it was nice there too. Yes, I was very happy to get out for a little while.
@kobesbuddy (110237)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him When our body is going through a physical trauma, it's hard work keeping our minds on positive blessings.
@Hytton03 (1063)
Wow sow relaxing. Happy that you have a short time to relax at green bay ..
Thank you. Yes, it was good to get out.
@Hytton03 (1063)
@just4him its gives us relaxation in our mind like in green bay.
• Israel
@just4him I can imagine being cooped up recooperating is not fun. That was so nice she got you out and about. I do not blame you for not getting out of the car with so many people around. I have to go out soon and not looking forward to it because I sure people will be out and about and most do not wear masks or know how to social distance so I have to dodge right and left and if have to go in the streets cars honk at me. My Sunday was spent inside and had some things to do so got on the computer very late. How is your knee doing?
Yes, it's not fun being cooped up. Yes, it was good to get out for a little while. I hope it won't be too bad when you go out. My knee is doing well. I have an ice pack on it right now to try to bring the swelling down, but overall, I'm doing well.
• Israel
@just4him It was fine when I went out. I spent a lot of time wandering around the grocery store and finally had to ask some people for help and one person refused to help me.
@patgalca (16661)
• Orangeville, Ontario
We've had rain off and on for the last few days. Has made sleeping very difficult for me (that and the full moon). My legs have been restless and in pain. I've had a pain behind my shoulder blade for quite a few days. It's been pretty miserable. Your area is sounding quite appealing to me right now.
I'm sorry your legs are giving you trouble. Yes, it's very nice here.
@patgalca (16661)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@just4him I figured out the leg issue, which has finally cleared up now that I have a massage booked for Wednesday. I learned some stretching exercises for the calves (calfs?) to prevent shin splints. I think those stretches were causing the problem until my legs got used to them.
@rakski (64446)
It is good you can go outside
Thank you. It was good to get out while I could.
@rakski (64446)
@just4him yes, for sure!
• Santiago, Chile
Glad to hear you went out to get your errand done, and also took advantage of the ride to be nearby the bay. It is so refreshing to go out these days. Hope you have a good evening Valerie!
Thank you. I'm glad I got out too. It felt good after being confined for the past several days.
• Santiago, Chile
@just4him I know what it feels like. I remember when I was able to be out when the restrictions in my city were lessened up!
Sounds like a lovely time out. It was sunny here too but in 60s i believe so chilly.
I don't know what it was temp wise but it was nice. I'm glad you had a nice day too.
@just4him thanks.
@mythociate (17054)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Is that water actually green? Or is it just a filter on the camera?
I don't have a filter on the camera. That's the actual color.
@msdivkar (16565)
I hope you enjoyed your day out. Must have been bored staying indoors all the time.
Thank you. Yes, it is boring when you can't get outdoors.
It was a quiet but dark, gray, and rainy day. I hope the sun will be out tomorrow. Maybe if I sing that Annie song
That song always works to get rid of the gray gloomy day.
@wolfgirl569 (33665)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you got out for some fresh air today. That always helps improve things.
Thank you. Yes, it does.