Starting Over

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Well, almost. I had a rough night last night and messed up my knee. I'm working with it, but it's going to take a while before I'm where I was yesterday. I have two weeks before my next surgery. I don't need anything to go wrong now. I'm hoping I can have it straightened out by the end of the day. I decided to put my shoes on with the heel lift in the left shoe. I can tell the difference. I feel taller. It's like wearing heels, which I don't wear. My son showed up this morning with my pain meds, so that was a good thing. I took the last dose at five this morning just before he showed up. I'm hoping they also help get my knee back to where it was as the meds reduce the pain in my knee. After he left this morning, I went back to bed. I had a better nap than I did the whole of last night. That's what's happening this morning. I'm planning to ice the knee this morning. How is your day going? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me.
Sorry to hear that your knee is bothering you. Hopefully the pain meds will help and you'll get your knee back to where it was
Thank you. That's my hope.
@kobesbuddy (110239)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Sorry your knee is giving problems! I'm confident, the ice will relieve the pain. I'm praying for you:)
Thank you. I'm working with it.
@kobesbuddy (110239)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him What happened, did you injure it by accident?
@kobesbuddy I'm a tosser and when I tried to roll over in bed, I couldn't move and when I tried, pain shot through my leg.
@wolfgirl569 (33665)
• Marion, Ohio
Sorry you had a bad night and hope everything is better now. My day was pretty good.
Thank you. It is much better this morning.
I am so sorry Valerie, try to rest and ice your knee today, I am sure you can fix it.
Thank you. Yes, I'll be icing it. I had to get back in bed, so I'm on my laptop. It was too painful otherwise.
@just4him I hope you feel better today.
@LadyDuck It was much better yesterday, though my back continues to be painful. I don't see that getting better until the second surgery is done.
@ptrikha_2 (26596)
You surely need a lot of care for your knee. Any reason why you need the second surgery after some time?
The second surgery is my other knee.
@ptrikha_2 (26596)
@just4him Oh that would make movement for you very tough for some time?
@ptrikha_2 (26596)
@just4him That is good to know !
@Nevena83 (53050)
• Serbia
I'm sorry you have a knee problem. If I understood correctly, will you have knee surgery?
Yes. I've had the first one, my right knee replacement. I'm having the second one in two weeks. I'm so happy this is finally getting done.
@Nevena83 (53050)
• Serbia
@just4him Oh, I didn't know. I'm glad it will help you.
@Nevena83 Thank you. Yes, it will. I'll be pain-free by Christmas from all the arthritis I've had for so long.
So sorry you messed up your knee. How on earth did that happen???
I'm a tosser and trying to roll over in bed I couldn't move and when I tried, my knee shot with pain. I've been working with it this morning. I just took a shower. The heat from the shower helped. I can at least bend it, but I don't know how much at this point. I will continue working with it. I'll also let the therapist know what happened tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get everything back by Monday and can get those remaining 4 degrees.
@just4him Knowing you, I know you will get it in shipshape form by then!
@DianneN Yes, I will. I'm encouraged by the shower.
Soon you'll be passed all this pain and able to do everything you could be before but painless!
Yes, I will. Everyone who went through this is telling me I will be very happy with it when they're both healed.
@just4him yay. Cant wait to read about all that goodness next year.
@Courtlynn Yes, I'm sure I'll be telling everyone all about it.
oh no! this'd not be the news i'd hoped fer, hon. but, 'tis common to've setbacks. i presume yer rough night 'twas due to yer back pain? glad he brought those, too. gigglin' a bit o'er yer 'high heels'. whate'er 't takes, eh? gotta get that stress off yer back 'n make 't easier'n that new knee, too. sendin' healin' hugs ~
I was tossing more than usual and got caught in the covers I think and couldn't move. I took a hot shower and it helped. I just need to tell my mind to allow my foot to move. The pain has my brain on hold. I'm almost done here, then I'm going to do my exercises. I don't know about icing my knee today. It's not swollen at the moment and I need to get that knee moving. I don't wear heels. So when I put that heel lift in my shoe, that's what it felt like. Thanks for the healing hugs.
@just4him do ya reckon such 'twas from the back pain? 'r possibly the pain pills? glad the shower helped 'n yer knee 'tis not currently swollen. i jest giggled coz that's what my dad'd called his - high heeled cowboy boots :) yer welcome, i've a great 'bundance 'f those to share
@crazyhorseladycx No, it wasn't from the back pain or the pain meds. The hot shower always helps. My knee is much better this morning. We'll see what the bend is soon. Though I don't expect it to be 110. I'll be very surprised if it is.
@Elizaby (6386)
• Pensacola, Florida
hope your knee is doing better now. Prayers going forth. My shoulders especially the left is aching the last few days.
It's starting to. It's going to take time and work again to get it where it was. Thank you for your prayers. Is it weather related or something else? I'm praying for you too.
@Elizaby (6386)
• Pensacola, Florida
@just4him I don't know but I started taking tumeric which is helping .
@Elizaby I'm glad it's helping.
Glad that you could sleep again
Thank you. That was a blessing.
@Adie04 (11009)
This place is good to meditate, calm the mind.
Yes, it is.
Hopefully no more issues and you can get the surgery done smoothly
Thank you. I hope so too.
Sorry to hear about this. Hope your knee gets better.
Thank you. I need to work with it to get it back where it was.
@xiaolisu (1272)
You have a good son with filial piety. Is his house not very far from yours
He lives about 20 minutes from me. He works close to me so he was able to come when he got off work this morning.
@happylife1 (13441)
• Karachi, Pakistan
always take care about your body
I try.
@sophie09 (29329)
sorry about that. how is your knee now?
I hope your knee gets back to how it should be by day's end. That nap had to have done you a lot of good.