Today is a Winner!

Happy Friday my friends! No work for us! Love having taken early retirement. Besides being our usual Friday date night, I received some exciting news. Our son and his family moved into their new house yesterday! He was too busy to talk on the phone, because the movers were there. I know he had a lot of settling in to do, so we will talk more tomorrow. The Ice Princess isn’t the only star in the family. Her brother, our precious grandson, won another championship for his team. He is being sought out by coaches and teams in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., and throughout the Northeast. Our younger son stopped by to chat for three days in a row. Yesterday, he delivered 4 Doodles pumpkins/gourds that Doodles the cat sniffed before he passed away. Our son saved seeds from that and grew more. They mean so much to me. This is the stuff that keeps me going! ~Photo is mine~
That is all good stuff. have a nice day there.
Thanks so much. It's a nice way to start off my favorite day!
@DianneN That is wonderful not to mention they bring you so much joy. I am happy for that joy your getting. I wish my mom would have that with her grandkids.
@sharon6345 Thanks, Shay.
Congratulations to your grandson, but he should wear his mask! Your youngest son is such a sensible man, he is the greatest.
He was asked to take it off for the photo and always wears it. It's the rule. Thanks! I love both my boys, but our youngest is nearby and the salt of the earth! With a little pepper thrown in.
@DianneN I noticed that all the other boys are wearing the mask, so he was safe enough. Your youngest son is the son that every mother would love to have.
@DianneN I am sure your grandson is proud of himself and he deserves the framed photo. I was like my father, my brother like my mother.
Congratulations, granny!
Thank you! That's what grannies live for!
@DianneN I know that from my own experience.
@marguicha That's why I used the plural of granny.
I found one of Scarlett's feathers in the spare room yesterday. It made me smile.
Sweet!
@Janet357 (60545)
Awww Congratulations Miss D!
They should be congratulated. . Thank you!
@Janet357 (60545)
@DianneN If they could only Mylot, I would tell them:) They have grown so fast. I think they are taller than me lol
Wonderful photo
Thanks! We are so proud of him.
@DianneN welcome
That was so sweet of your son.
He's very sweet.
Is this me or you too noticed that your Granddaughter is very tall now
Grandson. Yes, he is only 10 and taller than his sister. However, he is still wearing his hockey skates in the photo and the boys around him are wearing their sneakers. You are so observant!
@DianneN haha
@rakski (63736)
you have some awesome grandkids!!!
Thank you! They amaze me with everything they do.. They keep me young at heart!
@rakski (63736)
@DianneN that is for sure! They are full of energy!
@FourWalls (28372)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Super cool! Have a great day!
Thanks and the same to you!
What a lovely picture of your grandson!
Thanks!
That is a great pic. Hey being a hockey player would net him a lot of bucks. He could become something later he majored in in college.
Thanks and only time will tell. He's such a skinny little kid.
@happylife1 (13342)
• Karachi, Pakistan
congrats.........very good efforts
Thank you!!!
@sophie09 (29201)
wow it turns out there is more than one stars in the family. how wonderful!
Yes, and we are overjoyed and so blessed to have these grandkids!!!! Thanks so much! I sent you a PM.
@sophie09 (29201)
@DianneN yes! thats amazing that you have amazing grandkids
@sophie09 They are also high achievers in school - well online now. They make me so proud and happy!
@kobesbuddy (109967)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That's wonderful news, your grandson is pursuing his dream, as a ice hockey goalie! This is beautiful And pumpkins/gourds that Doodles sniffed, you can plant them near his grave-site
Thanks! Our grandson is so excited to be doing so well. He's wanted this since he was 2 years old - honestly! He works so hard, goes to hockey camps whenever they're offered and practices all the time. Yes, a Doodles pumpkin that grew from one he snelffed means everything to us. Sounds silly, but it's not.
@kobesbuddy (109967)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN This is a dream come true, for your sweet grandson! And a pumpkin that Doodles sniffed, in NOT being silly:( I had a dog Micah, he had to be euthanized 7 years ago. I will keep his precious collar, for the rest of my life
@kobesbuddy The hockey has helped him in so many ways. Thanks. Micah was your beloved baby boy and I totally understand!
@stringer321 (5674)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
Way to go, Dian, the ice princess and the ice prince are your grandchildren. Is your grandson the team leader of the Jr.Comets ? Is he holding the trophy ? :-)
Thank you! He's their main goalie for them and for so many other teams. My husband and I roll our eyes when our son tells us what team he is playing with. It changes multiple times a year. Now he plays for at least two teams and is sent out to be goalie for other teams. Yes, that's him holding the trophy.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@DianneN Is goalie a goal keeper or an attacker ? Can you please upload a photo of the pumpkins ?
@stringer321 A goalie defends the net to keep the pucks from going in and the other team scoring. He isn't an attacker. I will take photos of the pumpkins when it isn't raining and dark outside, and I promise to write a post around Halloween.
@JimBo452020 (26749)
• Montrose, Scotland
Early retirement is wonderful. And you have a fine family. A great combination. So many people miss out on so much because they have to work on quite late in life.
Many thanks. That's so true or else the get sick and die. For us, it was all in the planning when we were young.
@JimBo452020 (26749)
• Montrose, Scotland
@DianneN If one is going to live say until 95. Then a 40 year retirement is needed.
@JimBo452020 Too bad we can't retire when we are in our 20s to 40s, then work. We spend the best years of our lives working.
@arunima25 (47026)
• Bangalore, India
Seems like a rocking Friday thereAnd few Congratulations in a rowFor the new house of your son, your superstar Grandson and for preserving memories of Doodles in such lovely wayMy first day of vacation went well.
These kind of days are a royal treat! Thanks so much. When I taught, I looked forward to those long vacations. I hope you enjoy every single minute of every day!
@arunima25 (47026)
• Bangalore, India
@DianneN It definitely would be a royal treat getting all good news in a row and everything culminating in a romantic date nightStay blessed and wishing you more royal treats. I have plans for holidays and one major thing on to do list is spending time with my daughters and they do need some help in academics. So guess I am still wearing cap of a mom teacher
@arunima25 As they say, a mom's job is never done, but they have the best teacher of them all!
@Ajy78613 (1973)
Wow congratulations to your grandson
Thanks!
@Ajy78613 (1973)
@DianneN your always welcome
@LotusEyes (1197)
Wow! Congratulation to your grandson. This is a beautiful photo. Sport dress is great.
Thank you! . His sportswear changes colors by whichever team he is playing.
@LotusEyes (1197)
@DianneN Wow! that's cool. I liked the color of the sports wear. Your grandson is taller and the trophy makes him feel even taller.
@LotusEyes He is still wearing his skates. Most of the other boys have their sneakers on. He's tall for his age, but not that tall!