Bubblews Is Still Paying Me

@porwest (32270)
Some of you here may remember that old site which was similar to this one called Bubblews. In fact, I am familiar with several people on MyLot today that I actually met there. Of course, there have been other sites that paid me as well. WebAnswers and Niume to name a couple. But all of them are gone, of course. So, the title read, Bubblews Is Still Paying Me. How so, you wonder? I never spend my online earnings. It's that simple. I save and invest every single penny that comes in from any online venture I do. Be it writing here, or on my blogs, from paid surveys... It all goes into savings and investments. And as such, the money any of these sites has ever paid me is still there. AND because that money is invested, all of it earns consistent dividends each and every year. And so all of those sites that are no longer here to earn from actually are still paying me each and every day. MyLot may not be here forever. But if you take all of your earnings and save or invest it, all of the earnings you ever receive from this site will pay you forever. Just something to think about.
@JimBo452020 (26749)
• Montrose, Scotland
Something to think about indeed. I think for an awful lot of people oh here though They need to use what they earn online as soon as they get it.
@porwest (32270)
For years and years and years I have debunked the argument, "I cannot afford to save." Unfortunately it is hard to convince someone to think outside of what they believe in their core is the truth, even if it is not. But I still try.
@JimBo452020 (26749)
• Montrose, Scotland
@porwest I haven't touched mine. It just piles up. 7 decent payouts in a row. But seriously, there are people on here who really cannot afford to save.
@porwest (32270)
@JimBo452020 You will never convince me of that, and if you want me to I can elaborate on the why.
@CarolDM (98058)
Good luck on your investments.
@porwest (32270)
Thanks. I do my best to keep everything in the black. But investments are what investments are. Luckily, as it applies to me, luck is not as necessary as continuing to understand what I am doing, how to hedge the investments, and protect myself from losses. It works most of the time.
You used that Bubblews money wisely!!
@porwest (32270)
I try to use all of my money wisely. But of course, there ARE things I toss my money at that most would probably consider wasteful. I may be a miser, but I am human one. lol.
That is good for you Jim.
@porwest (32270)
I hope it provides a lesson for some here. Money spent is money lost. Money saved is money earned. It is much better to spend the proceeds than to spend the principal. It is not just about sites like this, it is about money in general. Money makes money. Money spent makes nothing but the need to make more money to replace it.
@porwest I am glad you know that if no one else does. My fear in saving like that is leaving this world in a box alone while others get to fight over my slaved work. But since I am hoping to change my daughter's life I will continue to save and I am going to hope I leave her with something that removes the struggle she might have with me gone.
@porwest (32270)
@sharon6345 I understand where you are coming from. But keep in mind that I think of saved money as income. If you can save $100,000 and earn 6% off it, that gives you an income of $6000. Even if you never spend the $100,000, you still get to spend the $6000. AND, it is $6000 you get to spend that you did not have to slave over. Take that over a lifetime of saving. Even if you die with $2 million in the bank, you are EARNING $120,000 a year. That is an amazing living EVEN IF you leave behind the $2 million.
That is certainly one way to look at it. Where do you invest your money?
@porwest (32270)
Individual stocks and ETFs mostly. But I do also keep a significant amount of cash in regular savings in case the you-know-what hits the fan in the markets, as occasionally happens. But even my regular savings are kept in an account that pays higher than average interest.
@porwest May I ask what an ETF is? you sure do know a lot about investments. does a financial advisor help you?
@porwest good that you have your investments diversified.
• Santiago, Chile
I wonder how much did you save from all those online earning through the years? I am kidding. I am planning on not spending by online earnings for a while to see what I can do with them in the future.
@porwest (32270)
To be completely honest it's probably somewhere around $10,000-$15,000. Seriously. Back in the day sites paid VERY well. It was good while it lasted, but of course it was not real and it ended. I appreciate MyLot very much for the smaller amounts because I know they have it right and while the front end dollars may not be near as much, the model here is MUCH more sustainable.
• Santiago, Chile
@porwest Jesus! It was a lot of money. So you made all that money annually, didn't you? I totally believe you! Back in the day it was worth it making money online.
@thelme55 (53299)
When I read the title, I thought how come.. I see that I know you from writing on Bubblews and Niume. Good luck with your investments.
@porwest (32270)
Yep. I think that is where I know you from as well. Some people have changed their names over the years. But I have always been Porwest on these sites. The money never left, even though the sites did, and I practice the same idea with MyLot. It all goes to savings and investment and not a penny ever gets spent.
@thelme55 (53299)
16h
@porwest I am still using the same name. That is why I remember you as you used the same name. My earnings are usually invested in buying my gadgets for blogging, writing and taking photos.
Good for you!
@porwest (32270)
I would like to say I outsmarted them. But who knows? lol
Is It possible you say to us the your investiments?
@porwest (32270)
I have many. But my top holdings are in things like Ford Motor Company, BXMX which is an ETF, BP, MO, and others. I look for stocks or ETFs that pay better than a 5% yield. Right now Ford has their dividend suspended, but when it gets reinstated (and it will eventually), it pays out over 6%.
I earned many money using the bubblews It was a good site.
This site owes me big time.
@florelway (14787)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
16h
Great. It's good to practice savings and investment, though sometimes it's hard to meet both ends and nothing is left for savings.
@LindaOHio (49023)
I used to write for Bubblews. I miss the old site; but now I am on a site where I've met a lot of new friends.
@psanasangma (4902)
This sound good investment.
that is super that you do that! Let's hope it helps you become a millionaire soon!
@thenight (65)
most of revenue sharing websites like triond, teckler, and bubblews are gone.. i don't even know when mylot will last..
When they paid, they paid very well, and very frequently. But that bubble burst and left many of us owed, but it wasn't surprising. It reminds me of the Hindenburg catastrophe.
That's a good way to think about it