Very few Indians have cats

@vandana7 (76642)
I mean the Felis Domesticus. Not the homosapien. In general, they believe cats are ominous. Movies also portray them as such. If a cat crosses the road, wait till a fool who does not know crosses that so that any bad luck that may come befalls him/her/them. Well, as I see it, despite such sophisticated methods of warding off bad luck, we have more wars, more bad politicians, and we are not as rich a nation as America or China. Now, why is that?
@myklj999 (50770)
You mean very few cats have Indians...they don't like y'all much for some reason
@vandana7 (76642)
That is so rude! Evil Grin
@myklj999 (50770)
@vandana7 You know who REALLY likes you? Sharks
@vandana7 (76642)
@myklj999 Sigh..last night I didn't get much sleep...not tonight too...please don't mention sharks...I end up thinking about them, and somehow they come to scare me.
We have cows
@vandana7 (76642)
You mean to say cows bring us bad luck! Wait for Modi brigade..
@vandana7 cows are pets here
@vandana7 (76642)
@piyushbhatia1 If having cows as pets is good, we should be rich and prosperous, or at least not going around with begging bowls to the world. Something is wrong.
@prinzcy (8423)
I don't believe in such things. Why cat cross a road? Because it needs to be on the other side. I don't condemn others in their belief though. They're free to believe on whatever they want. Just as long as they say nothing about my cats.
@vandana7 (76642)
I have never had anything wrong happen to me because of cat doing what it needs to do. If that were true, there should be some animal believing something similar about humans too. LOL
@prinzcy (8423)
@vandana7 yes, after all humans are more destructive than animals.
@vandana7 (76642)
@prinzcy Exactly.
@arunima25 (48875)
• Bangalore, India
First of all I don't see many Indian having pet. ( See the population density) And the reason might be many... Poverty, lifestyle, space constraints etc. Yes dogs are more popular as pets here. I am allergic to cat and so are my children and so I stay away from them. Also once a cat attacked and scratched me when I was a teen... I had allergic reactions and even needed few injections. So I am somewhere also scared of them.
@vandana7 (76642)
You are unwittingly confirming what JJ said. But yes, to all other factors and I do understand. If we are attacked without provoking the cat or dog, we can develop a lifetime fear of them.
@arunima25 (48875)
• Bangalore, India
@vandana7 I had a horrible experience. I still have a scar on my eyebrows. And the cat actually left me with a beauty scar
@vandana7 (76642)
@arunima25 Well, some good may come of it someday.
Good morning.Not sure .I am not a big fan of cats just dogs
@myklj999 (50770)
Scar said I can't talk to you anymore
@vandana7 (76642)
I love dogs too. But that may be because I have not met many pet cats. Dogs on the other hand have been really nice with me.
@vandana7 (76642)
@myklj999 I am sure you will get an extra lick for obeying Scar. LOL
I love cats, I love them more than dogs, they do not bark, they mind their business, they are sweet when you are nice to them.
@vandana7 (76642)
I will be honest. I bond easily with dogs. Its like look into my eyes, you will find what you mean to me...when I look into a dog's eyes. I have not tried something similar with a cat, I admit. But then, cats are rare out here, as pets, so...
@vandana7 One of our neighbors had 4 cats, they moved to an apartment and she came to me saying that one of their cats refused to live indoor, he wanted to stay here. I told her to let the cat here and I will take care of him. Now he lives in our garden, I bought an outdoors house where he can sleep, I feed him and I understand very well what he wants. I let him inside in the morning, I place a rug on the floor, he sits there and wait that I brush him, then I pet him, then he moves in front of the door to ask to get food and go out. I have a very good relationship with cats.
@vandana7 (76642)
@LadyDuck Wow, that is almost like dogs. They understand and can manage communication with humans.
I love both dogs and cats and never heard of that. Black cats that crossed your path is a superstition that in not true.
@vandana7 (76642)
Except ferocious animals, and sneaky ones like snakes and crocodiles, I would also accept both. It feels good to be loved for something other than your bank balance.
@vandana7 No wild or creepy animals for me!
@vandana7 (76642)
@DianneN Me too. :)
Are there a lot of cats roaming freely?
@vandana7 (76642)
Funnily no. I have a strong suspicion they get murdered. We see plenty of stray dogs so logically, there should be equal number of cats too. But cats make rare appearance.
@vandana7 That's strange, but I'm sure your right, people kill them.
@BarBaraPrz (28571)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@vandana7 They know enough to avoid you guys...
@GooglePlus (2568)
But when you pet cats, they will not cross your road, it will be "Kittie was trying to stop me from going outside" Point of view changes It's an experimental thing, So some may experience it / some may not. Some who experienced it will try to find out why there was a bad day. And it's human tendency that they try to blame others. Did you know Yes Bank's shares went down because Mr. Radhekrishna path was crossed by the cat when they were discussing about Yes Bank Shares. This is true story, I can share you the person's contact number as well. There are so many old saying which doesn't have any meaning to it or any proof but since those are sayings they are followed blindly! Did you know there are myths which says - "Mom is said to be Impure after giving birth to a girl for so many days and to a boy for so many days"
@vandana7 (76642)
So that is the reason Yes Bank shares tanked! I should have known. The black cat did it. The last part mom is impure thing. There are some young people who are coming up with those beliefs. The reason they gave for not allowing young women entering Sabarimala, the menses blood falls on the floor and the prasad (offering too) so it becomes dirty. We use sanitary pads, and we wouldn't go to temple in the first place during menses because of pain. The way DJ and I fought with two guys about it. To think they were young and well versed in English shocks me. You'd think there is more possibility of a diabetic pee falling in temple than a woman's menses blood streaming down her leg. Fanatics make me mad.
@nawala123 (21167)
many cats in here
@vandana7 (76642)
Lucky you. And yes, you all are better off when compared to India, aren't you all.
@nawala123 (21167)
@vandana7 in some cases i think yes. India is much bigger than indonesia. So there must be complicated problems to solve
I suppose bad luck is stronger than the sophisticated method used. Maybe some new methods will be put in place and will work nicely.
@vandana7 (76642)
Like?
@vandana7 I have no idea. That will take some thought.
@Yakson (100)
Lolx. I would love to visit India someday. I hope I will not b disappointed with the country?
@vandana7 (76642)
Of course you will be disappointed. I could list a million things, but the blindly my country is the strongest and bestest folks would come running with arms against me.
@Yakson (100)
@vandana7 Hahahahah. Very funny of you
@BarBaraPrz (28571)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It's because you've got it all wrong about us cats. We bring joy and good luck, not bad. =^..^=
@vandana7 (76642)
I agree. That is the point i was trying to make.
@BarBaraPrz (28571)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@vandana7 purrr...
Yes people are always into superstitious activities and that's why they prefer dogs over cats
@vandana7 (76642)
Somebody who has been honest about it. LOL
@jdbces (1804)
Here, there was an old belief about bad luck if a black cat crossed the street before you. Now, I guess no one believes it anymore.
@vandana7 (76642)
That is the exact belief out here. But since many cats have black patch on them, people don't take chances. All cats are taboo. LOL
@jdbces (1804)
@vandana7 Poor cats.
@LindaOHio (51738)
We always had dogs. India needs to be involved in more worldwide manufacturing and trade I would think???
@vandana7 (76642)
There is so much corruption in this country that we cannot progress. Many who innovate do not have resources to manufacture and those who have the resources do not allow new products to come up lest their market share comes down. In between, we have officials who take so much bribe that the entire venture may as well not start.
@LindaOHio (51738)
@vandana7 Sounds like a major problem.
@nitsbubb (1127)
• Pune, India
I am an Indian, but without any reason like bad luck or wars - just not very keen!
@vandana7 (76642)
Not wanting a cat because it is a lot of work to do, and considering the fact that it is difficult to manage without the western equipment is one thing. But not wanting a cat because it is bad luck seems silly.
@wolfgirl569 (35421)
• Marion, Ohio
You need to get you a black cat for protection then. Here is only black cats that are considered bad luck.
@vandana7 (76642)
Even black are not unlucky. What has luck gotta do with a creature? Just somebody had some bad coincidence and branded the cat.
@RebeccasFarm (12961)
• Denver, Colorado
I do not know what it is maybe because cats are so mysterious Vanny. I once knew a Haitian woman who had a great fear of cats.
@vandana7 (76642)
May be they are only hiding something from dogs or their mates. From what I heard, the male cat does eat some of the younger ones. That would make the females rather secretive, so that she can hide her young ones in multiple shelters. And male cats detectives searching for those places.