UPDATE: 95% Nearly to 100% Effectiveness of Vaccines

By Rufo
Before I get busy tonight, let me share that Pfizer vaccines against coronavirus are 95% effective. It was broadcasted from the local TV news. I assumed that after clinical trials of these vaccines, it will attain 100%. The bright side is it will be available if being approved by WHO. What's the side of your opinion about it? Image Credit: api.time.com
My side? Phase 3 testing is not completed, there are serious side effects, the vaccine must be kept ALL THE TIME at a temperature of -80ยบ (BELOW 80) degrees Celsius!!! Wait and see.
It is really complicated to come up with the real effectiveness of this vaccine. I hope they can come out with the solutions soon.
@Shavkat The keyword is always "soon", because doing something in a rush is never good.
@LadyDuck I agree. It needs to do them carefully and precisely.
@owlwings (43285)
• Cambridge, England
If Pfizer say that their vaccine is 95% effective, that is the conclusion they have come to after conducting the necessary clinical trials. It is very unlikely to increase or decrease in effectiveness after the roll-out of the vaccine because the trials were conducted properly and the statistics are robust. The percentage effectiveness could certainly vary by a few fractions of a percent as more people receive the vaccine and more data is available but you can be certain that there will always be about 5% of cases in which the vaccine is not effective. Other vaccines (and I believe that there are about 40 in the various stages of testing and production) may be more or less effective and may, indeed, be effective for some of the 5% (approximately) for which the Pfizer vaccine is not.
I am hoping that it will hit a discrepancy of 5% of this company. I heard that they are still in the process of clinical trials of these vaccines. I think they are still waiting for the WHO if it is possible to be administered soon.
@owlwings There are 54 vaccines in stage of testing and at least 87 under active investigation in animals. Pfizer is pushing to obtain the authorization and, may be, the FDA is going to authorize soon (to be the first), that does not means it will be safe.
@miketagz (9903)
We will wait if vaccine is already proven effective. There might be some side effects on it for some cases. Or try other vaccines that already been studied and approved. Right now, we just have to wait for other vaccines, that may release soon.
It seems it will not be available at the end of this year. Perhaps they will be widely ready next year.
@miketagz (9903)
@Shavkat Possible by the next year, I guess. I heard some rumors about in Facebook, it says that vaccine will be embedded with micro chip. It advises not to inject. Im not sure its true and there is also a footage in youtube but unfortunately it removes the video.
@miketagz I heard about it. I am sure it will not be like it.
@rakski (70387)
Moderna's claim is 94.5, Pfizer claim is 95% when will they reach 100%. Dengvaxia vaccine is said to be effective but then recalled suddenly because of the adverse effect. And to think that Dengvaxia was released years after Dengue manifested into new blown deadly disease. I think it will still take time
We need to be patient. I am sure they are near to success with these vaccines.
@rakski (70387)
@Shavkat I hope so
@yoalldudes (26491)
I pray for their success.
I will join you in this matter. I am praying so hard to have these vaccines in the market soon.
@tech40 (22848)
Always think of the side effect. Some people who tried some kind of vaccines are now experiencing the side effect.
I heard about some news, especially the Russian's vaccines.
@tech40 (22848)
@Shavkat Haha! Indeed and that is one of the scary part. If they made a mistake it might start having a zombie haha
@tech40 I heard that it was a disaster when they administered the clinical trials in Russia.
• Israel
@Shavkat There are two vaccines that they were talking about here in Israel. One id Pfizer. We will see.
As far as I know, it is only Pfizer that seems promising.
• Israel
@Shavkat I have no idea. I will see when it comes here what will be happening.
@Cheyee (4012)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
Marketing strategy?
I am not sure. But I think the Russians did are during the pandemic.
@Cheyee (4012)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
@Shavkat with their announcement, people would anticipate and wait their vaccine and probably already in waiting list.
@Cheyee I hope so. I am sure they are still in the process of improving the vaccines.
It will still take some time before we get a vaccine available for everyone.
I agree. It seems that we can get them next year. We still need to be at home as much as possible in the meantime.
@Shavkat true. We should all act as if there is still no vaccine yet.
@allen0187 For now, we still need to follow the health protocols imposed on us.
@pjmurphy (2188)
Great news here in our country.
Indeed. I hope it will be shared with us, too.
I really do hope they'd be available soon.
If it is possible before the end of this year, it would be great.
Hopefully a vaccine will soon be widely available.
I am hoping and praying for this.
That is very good news to hear. Saw that on the news.
A piece of good news that we can ponder. I hope it will be successful and ready to be used.
@RebeccasFarm (13907)
• Denver, Colorado
Yes so I heard that must be good news for people who are going to get it.
I hope we can have them, too. I am sure it will happen but not this year.
@prinzcy (8813)
Whatever it is, I pray for their success. That's the only thing that I can do.
The only thing I can do is to wait for it, too.
@Janet357 (63277)
well that is a good news indeed. Somehow, it gave us some hope.
I am so tired of waiting for these vaccines, but still hopeful for them to be available in the market.
@ARIES1973 (9881)
• Legaspi, Philippines
News like this gives a feeling of relief. It's stressful to see my newsfeed with the increasing numbers of positive so at least this is a good news for everyone. I hope they can come up with an effective vaccine for everyone.
@id_peace (12952)
It is effective on the virus which it is targeted. However, it could not do anything about mutated virus.